A NEW Flock book has been released, with notes by a Presiding Overseer

by Elsewhere 93 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

Wasn't there a page in the book with lines to be filled in with the name of the elder, the date when he was issued the book, and (I think) the date he turned it in?

I raise this question because I know some people (JWs) are going to say, "There is no name written in the book, so these notes could have been written by anyone"

--VM44

• freetosee
    freetosee

Well done RichieRich! I have got some of my father’s manuals including the old ones. I still have the general keys for the hall to access the gate, the four halls (four story building), conference room and literature desk. The files of about eight congregations are in the locked cabinets. Only Sec. & PO have those keys. They forgot to take the keys off me when I left, it was kind of chaotic.

The last time I checked the keys was about 2-3 years ago, they still fitted. I don’t want to get in trouble though. What should I do?

• wednesday
    wednesday

in case anyone reads my post, I am getting either this page cannot be displayed or my aol redirects me to aol search for the rexamine book. I tried to download on IE and it just displayed nothign.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Same here

Dismembered

• VM44
    VM44

The reexamine.org server is probably being overloaded with too many download requests! --VM44

• wednesday
    wednesday

thanks dismembered for the validation and vm44 for the explantion. I hope I can get a copy before the buzzards at the wts find a way to shut it down.

• freetosee
    freetosee

I had lots of trouble downloading myself and had up update my Adobe Reader here: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

I hope it works for you so you don’t miss out on the ‘new light’

freetosee

• VM44
    VM44

What is the reasoning that keeping this "Flock" book secret, available only to elders, will protect against apostacy?

Can someone explain that reasoning to me? It doesn't make sense.

--VM44

• Severus
    Severus
    Wasn't there a page in the book with lines to be filled in with the name of the elder, the date when he was issued the book, and (I think) the date he turned it in?

There is no formal page to sign or name the owner of the book. However, I do believe that the area containing the elder's name was removed because of privacy issues and the circumstances of its acquisition.

The best vouch for the handwritten notes is to compare with other Flock books. This would rend the veil of legal protection that the Society uses by instructing elders to write critical procedures in their own hand.

• freetosee
    freetosee

VM44,

If every publisher had a copy it would take away some of the elders authority and would make them appear even lesser to be guided by Holy Spirit. The handling of committees, disfellowshiping (potential apostates) would not give them the same advantage over the sheep. Elders are selected men, who are thought of as, 100%-200% WT advocates.

Also if publishers, public and interested ones know of all the many forms and reports to be fill out by elders, this ‘spiritual paradise’ would appear less Jesus-like and more to what it is –big busyness-mind-control-spying on brother-program!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit