A NEW Flock book has been released, with notes by a Presiding Overseer

by Elsewhere 93 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

"This would rend the veil of legal protection that the Society uses by instructing elders to write critical procedures in their own hand."

Does this offer real protection? All that would have to be done in a court of law is to get two or three elders on the witness stand to testify that they were TOLD to write this in their flock books at the elder's school.

And for good measure, a couple of COs and DOs could be put on the stand to testify that THEY told the elders to write in the additional instructions in their booksword for word as they were told.

Eventually it would be established that the hand written instructions were directives from The Watchtower, just as valid as the ones printed in the book.

However, to bring in all the witnesses required to establish this point in court would be time consuming and expensive, and that is exactly what The Watchtower legal department has made it by having the extra instructions written in by hand.

The Watchtower legal staff are sharp! They always have been.

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

So this book is for "informational purposes" only. Probably could never be used in a court of law as evidence for the simple reason it could not be verified as authentic.

For any legal purposes, an actual, physical copy of the book would have to be obtained. But that could easily be done during the "discovery" phase of any legal proceedings.

If anyone has a choice as to download the large or small versions of the book, go for the large. Much more easily read!

--VM44

• Severus
    Severus

Good points VM44. Regarding:

Does this offer real protection? All that would have to be done in a court of law is to get two or three elders on the witness stand to testify that they were TOLD to write this in their flock books at the elder's school.

And for good measure, a couple of COs and DOs could be put on the stand to testify that THEY told the elders to write in the additional instructions in their booksword for word as they were told.

Have you heard of theocratic warfare? These elders, COs and DOs would gladly testify that their notes were their "opinion" if it meant saving the WTS. Don't expect to corner the WTS based on their own member's testimony.

Yes the Legal Department is sharp--but that's a double-edged sword.

The secret policies and Flock hand-written notes proves in itself the self-serving and double-handed practices of the WTS regarding child abuse and DF procedure.

The court-of-law and court-of-public-opinion are both served by the release of this book.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous
    What is the reasoning that keeping this "Flock" book secret, available only to elders, will protect against apostacy?

When I was "in", I asked my father and my uncle, both elders, why no one but elders could see the book. I never got a decent answer, only that the rest of us 'don't need to know' what's in it. Seems paranoid...

• z
    z

WTF the link not working why???????
    This what I see

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
    • To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    • See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
    1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    2. On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
    3. Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
    • Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
    • If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    • Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

Z

• JH
    JH
    The page cannot be displayed

That's what I saw too before. I didn't check again. Hopefully the links will work another time.

• z
    z

I tried it several time but no luck

Z

• JH
    JH

I'm sure it's going to come back Z. Not sure when though....

If Elsewhere wants us to keep on talking to him, he will make it work.....

• VM44
    VM44

The Reexamine.org site might have been hacked!!!!

But who would want to do that?

--VM44 (looking in the direction of Brooklyn)

• VM44
    VM44

Both links are working as of right now. --VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit