UPDATE 2: Since Freedom is Free, Why is it Taxed?

by RichieRich 190 Replies latest jw friends

• G Money
    G Money

I didn't read the last million posts but I have an idea. If Mom is on you go and have your payroll department withhold the maximum from you right now (you'll have to fill out a new IRS Form W-4 withholding form. You can always get the money back later but you aren't taking it and your mom can't take it so it is a way that you'll get the money later, maybe the only way it will happen for you right now.

You won't notice a difference in what you get as mom will give you minimal funds but at the end of the year, or if your payroll dept is friendly you can change and then perhaps have less withholding later in the year when you are free, i.e. more net pay to you to use as you see fit.

I hope I made it all clear enough.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Richie my man. I have been going through a sort of hell of my own the past month or so. I haven't been around much or posted. I just came back after doing some soul searching and see that you have been DF'd. Me too on Thursday night. So here's to our new freedom Rich. You can PM me anytime if you need anything.

The Claw

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Richie, I have lived through this. Most of it, anyway. Once my parents really knew where I stood, they took everything and controlled all my money. They clamped down, big time. I was just your age, too. I could not have done made it out without help, because they took everything! I couldn't save. I couldn't drive, except to work and they watched me like a hawk. I couldn't use the phone (no cell phones way back in '87, lol!). It sucked. I was trapped. Even when I turned 18, I was trapped because they had taken all my money! The fact is, you are going to need some help. You must find out your options, because things could get even more messy. I mean, you have to find out about ALL your options including your worst case sinario options...like youth homes and shelters. Even if you make it to graduation (a month and a half?) you will still be in the same situation you are in now. You have one month to get your ducks in a row...to find all possible options. I'm sure that is just what you are doing. It is time to also call in favors and see who REALLY will let you stay with them for a while. I'm not saying you should, but you do have the option of finding a friend to stay with NOW so you can save money for a few months. It would be tough, but it might be worth it to take care of yourself, and have a better start once you graduate. I will never forget the day I left home. It was a really hard thing to do, emotionally. To tell my parents, my home, my room, my childhood, good-bye. I had not planned to leave that night, but I had to go. I had one place I could go, and I went there. I hope you have more options. I'm in California. :( I wish I lived near you! If there is ANYTHING I can do, I would like to help. And Richie, please set up a paypal account. It sounds like your mom is alot like my mom. My mom really chilled out once I moved out. I hope it works out like that for you, too. My fingers are crossed! And don't feel guilty about what you are doing, or about what your mom is going through. You are doing what you MUST do. You have done nothing wrong. She has to go through this because this is the mess SHE created. It is sad, but that is how it is. This time will pass. Things will get better. Be careful! (((((Richie))))) <---hope>

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I don't know why I don't have paragraphs!!! They WERE there!! Argh!

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Sure would like to hear from our lad!

• dabatgaly
    dabatgaly

Richie welcome to the real world

This is life, look for the easiest way to live ,keep it simple , if help comes your way and its free take it .

but most of all stay as independant as possible.

My mother started to look after me when i was 10 (lived with grandmother ) threw me out at 13 and then again at 15 .

when you have been relying on mum and dad for everything that a human being needs its a bit of a wake up call to find that you will have to do this for your self.

You are intelligent !! Good luck !!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm just gonna add another 2p here.

There has been some excellent advice on all sides, and a variety of perspectives to give a well-rounded out view of what's going on.

Let's not spoil that by attacking each other, and resorting to ad hominems, huh? We've all got Richie's back, even if we are pointing out the glaringly obvious dharmic consequences of his own actions.

Further, on what ground is his mom being attacked? I doubt anyone here knows her, aside from hearing about the "discipline" TM that she's allegedly heaping on Richie. Let's at least try to remember that she's a human being who is likely trying her best to raise her son in the best way she knows how.

I doubt anyone here is contesting that her methods suck, but publically branding her a psycho isn't really constructive to their relationship. After all, while we may come and go, they will still be mother and son.

• Frog
    Frog

hey richie bro,

i'm guessing that there must be stacks of decent advice in those 10pages of posts which i haven't had a chance to read but this is what i wanted to tell you from personal experience...

when i was 17/18y/o & made it clear i wanted out of the "troof" i had no idea what opions were available to me, and so went back...clearly there's no chance of that with you since you have loads more backbone than i did when i was your age...but since then i've lived in a bunch of different cities, in different countries even, and i'm well aware of all the options open to me, and different support I can obtain from local organisation etc in this situation. I'm sure that in a few years time you will see your situation now even more clearly than you already see it now. You will see that there are more options open to you than just sticking it out at home during this rough trot and working your job at Target. You may think in time, why the hell did I put up with all of that crap? So my advice is to think that the sky is the limit, and to use your gutts and instinct to rapidly improve your current situation.

I agree with Little Toe that your mum is just being a typical JW nazi, mine was too when I first left. But having said that there's no reason why you should wait till the 11th hour to move out of home if you're getting this much grief already matey. It's not healthy for her or for you. I know it sucks to be turfed out of home so young, but you're strong and you will manage and cope your way through it. This is as hard as it gets for you in life, never again will you ever have to go through such turmoil and hardship.

In hindsight if I had of known all of the options open to me I would have realised that I would have been eligible for a pension on the basis of the situation going on in my family home. I would also have called on non-witness friends allot more than I did to help me through the hard times. I would have seen counsellors and psychologists through the national medicare scheme free of charge, and I would have used local ngo's who offer bond assistance to move out of home earlier, as well as sourcing flatmates through the local paper etc.

Good luck bro, and keep us posted on your progress. If you decide just to stick it out I fully understand, you just do what's best for you, as no-one else will :)

luv you matey, sis frog xox

• greendawn
    greendawn

I haven't read the previous replies but from what you are saying you are getting roughly treated at the moment and since you have a sufficient income you should find your own place.

• Pwned
    Pwned

I haven't read all the post either but I definitely agree with LT when I say that the attacks on RR's mom are unnecessary and not helpful really. Is she overreacting? maybe? but how would you feel if your child had been deceiving you for over a year? and not just not believeing but actively "plotting" attacks on her religion. would you trust them? I doubt it. I think it would probably be best for the both of you if you moved out now and hopefully with time she will come around a bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit