UPDATE 2: Since Freedom is Free, Why is it Taxed?

by RichieRich 190 Replies latest jw friends

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

hey kid-ass,

we all can do what we want. given the choice, I care more about children who have been abused, and think Silentlambs is a more worthy cause. None of those children posted photos of themselves on the net flipping off the Flock book, and then whining about mommy getting a little peeved afterward.

I care about those who have been abused. I guess you don't. That's okay.

-silent

• willyloman
    willyloman

Richie: I was forced to leave home at 17 myself, so you have my sympathy. However, everyone's situation is different and you gotta carve our own path. You're getting a lot of conflicting advice here and this is no doubt a stormy period for you. I hope you are being very selective about which of the two very different kinds of advice you are receiving... and plan to accept.

I don't pretend to know exactly what YOU should do. But here is what I do know:

1. You don't poop where you eat.

2. You don't "dis" your mom (unless she's evil; if she's merely toxic, you get the hell away but still show a measure of respect).

3. You don't take email and/or internet offers of kindess from complete strangers at face value.

The posters who make the most sense here are nelly136, poppy and orobus; go back and read them again. Be very careful, son (I can call you that 'cause I'm old). Most of all, be patient. This too shall pass. I have found in my many decades on this planet that, if no one is dead, no one is pregnant, no one is on drugs or in prison, then things will probably work out. Keep your perspective and take the long view. Don't do anything rash that you will regret later.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I've been in this situation, I was made homeless at 17 by my crappy parents and I know that someone on the phone 100's of miles away telling you everythings going to be ok is of no help at all

Dr. Jekyll, I'm sorry you had that experience. I also feel sad about what Willyloman said along the same lines as above...............In my and other's defense, I say: not ALL internet "strangers" are idiots or out to take advantage of someone. I've met quite a few people from the internet and while some turned out to have "issues", for the most part, it was a good thing. I can only speak for myself here: I am a hard working woman, fairly "normal" as a human being. I've made offers to help Richie financially and I meant it, totally no strings attached. To me, it's just money, and I can get more of that. I also told him I have a spare room he could sack out in and I meant that, too. The way I look at things, having been raised in a violently abusive home, is get the person to a safe place, give them an environment where they can take some deep breaths and take stock of their situation. Offer advice if asked. Richie stated that his mom is a control freak and dad is a workaholic. So, this tells me there were issues already in place. Many people, as most of us know, get involved in the dubs because they were going thru a tough time in their lives, and the dubs got them during their vulnerable moments and made it seem like they had the answer to all their woes, thru the magical Jehovah and his magical Kingdom. I haven't read very many of Richie's posts, so I am not sure if he discussed his background exhaustively or not. I'm going on the premise of another human being is having a tough time, I can help, so I am here for that person. As someone pointed out, Z is another one who feels the same way. He cannot believe that there exists a religion like the dubs, and he is a caring, concerned person, who has already been a benefactor in his own area for young people. These comments are not meant to negate other's views or their caution. Alot of our reactions stem from personality type. Some immediately come from the heart, wide open, others are more cautious, and need to think about things, etc. Let's try to keep our focus here, and stop shooting our own troops, so to speak........

Hugs to all,

Terri

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

I think some of you are seriously harsh. Jeez.

Terri and Z have a lot of compassion, there is nothing sinister about their sincere offers of support for Richie, who is our friend. That's what friends do, help each other out. Not judge and say, 'I told you so'. We're all entitled to our opinion but the focus should be on Richie. let's show him some unconditional love. All of us can do that. V Sky

• Balsam
    Balsam

Richie, First of all ignore those posters who are just plain stupid, and telling you you are getting what you deserve because they're wack jobs.

Richie your Mom is breaking the law by demanding your earnings, do not give them to her. If the car is in your name she is breaking the law taking it without permission. By law she has no right to punish you for not staying in a cult she raised you in. Get your attorney assistence, if you need too she is acting insane. This needs to stop, and it likely is only going to escalate and get worse because your compliant willingness to allow her to do this to you. She has no right to steal your earnings if she never required you to pay rent. Do not, I repeat do not allow her to have your paycheck. She is in the wrong. Shame on your Dad for allowing this, he not being a JW of all people he needs to stop this behavior of hers. But obviously he is not much of a man if he won't stand up for you against her. I would let her know that if her cruel behavior does not stop the local newspapers would be very interested in doing a story on a young man who is persecuted by his Mother because he left the cult she forced him to be raised in. Son she is wrong to treat you this way. I realize she has been doing this all your life, but it isn't normal. If she can't adjust to your being out of the religion then that is her problem, not yours. Frankly I think you'd be better off with her influence because she is so controlling. Moms and Dads are suppost to prepare their children for being out on their own, and encourage them to become self-determining, self-supporting and making choices about how they will conduct their life. She is trying to punish you making your own decisions, Hon don't take it she is wrong. Its a war and you are losing. You've stood up to the Elders, now you need to stand up to your Mother. Ask her if she is willing to be cut out of your life, your life when you marry and have children. Is she willing to never she her grandchildren, then let her know this will stop.

I'm a Mom and she is way overstepping her parental boundaries. She will demand you move out and but leave you with no money to do so and won't care if your on the streets. You have to deal with her firmly or she will continue to running over you. Sorry you're going through this, your Mom is wrong. Your Mom doesn't so much love you as much as she loves her control over you. I suspect it is the same with your father.

Ruth

• z
    z

I Join this site to learn about JW and I sure did, at the time I said to myself I’m going to be here as observer and I’ll not get involve. what I’m doing here? I’m trying to help one to escape the cult, he is MS

Richie is a good kid today maybe young man (Happy Birthday), if you (the one who crucified Richie, and the ones who try to help him) look at his past posts you all encouraged him to do more at time you all thought wow how funny this kids can be, and the advices he got on this site he did more and more maybe to pleases some of you, I thought “Trip To Bethel” was funny in kid’s eyes and most here had same thought.

We all made mistake some are big and some not, but what we have here is one who just had the world collapsed on him in one second and I’m not the one who is going to judged him for the action he did or not, pointing finger in KH or stilling the book or what ever, I did not say to him “kudos” when he TOOK the book and I never gave him any advice to do more and more most here did

I don’t have to justify my action to no one I do what I feel right sometime some here will think otherwise but hey kudos to you, I do charity to many organization and Richie is not charity he need help to stand I’ll not be happy if anyone go out to the world unprotect all by himself we all know what is out there, yes I’m complete stranger but at the some time I’m stranger when I send help to “Save The Children Fund” or to SilentLambs ,and other

I don’t call them and ask for any thing back I just try to help the one who need it. Yes Richie and SilentLambs are not the same we all know so pls don’t answer and ask me how I can camper the two I’m not idiot.

Family come first and his mom one day will see the light, right now she is not happy with his action she will come along time will do it. I can’t call the police on my mother some of you think he should, but I will not advice him to do so could be my upbringing.

Richie’s mom is breaking the low I believe he will be able to come to understanding with her, now emotion are high in time the will cool.

p.s English it not my mother tongue sry

Respectively yours,

Z

• domi0031
    domi0031

I am writting from France and I beg your pardon for my english.

I Would like to thanks a lot the "little" boy for his good work. Sometimes our conscience can act by puting in us culpability, but about the WT organisation it is a safety work to reveal his actions.

I still think that some in the head quarters know psychology as much as I know it and are using it. So for the young boy you are, please accept that advice: never spoke against Jehovah and use your strenght for standing up in the right way, and the right way is not in the WT but in Christ only.

Continue, life is not easy as mine was not. In the future you will be proud to be able to look yourself in the mirror right in your eyes. You will become a man, and perhaps you are now a man as said it alexander Keepling. If you are that kind of man, do not worry, Jehovah will care of you. One man among one thousand said Salomon.

One of your brother well known by the french bethel

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Richie happy birthday!

You've gotten a lot of great advise here and I can only add to it this;

1. Get a P.O. box, they are pretty cheap, have all your mail sent there.

2. Get a bank account opened up in a separate bank from the one your parents use.

3. Get your check directly deposited into said bank account, understand it takes about three weeks for this to take place so you will have to deposit your check into the bank account yourself for a couple of weeks.

4. As it looks like you may be living at your parents for a few weeks until graduation pay them money for rent, food and utilities. Write up a renters contract which can be found at www.legalzoom.com.

5. Line up your own place either an apartment or rooming with someone now because this also takes time and you may need a person to sign for you if you rent your own place, find this person now.

6. Take control of your life now, welcome to the adult world!

It's got to be good to know you have so many friends willing to help you out. Hang in there!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Happy Birthday Richie!!

• anewme
    anewme

Richie, you can have your mail forwarded for free to a friends address. Just contact the post office and fill out a form.

Listen you are going to be fine.

I was kicked out just as you are at 18 by my Dad for getting baptized as a JW. He hated them so much. He also disinherited me because (and it is in his will in black and white that he doesnt want one penny going to the Watchtower Society!)

I was kicked out at 10pm into the summers night. I grabbed my most precious posession, my violin and left.
    All my belongings, my beautiful antique bed, dresser, desk, clothes, dolls from childhood, pictures etc were thrown away. I left my family and my life behind and went forward into the future.

Thirty years later I did the same thing in reverse....left the JWs and left everything behind again for the unknown future.

Here I am today .......the happiest and most satisfied I have ever been in my life!

Moral is: Others may not approve but we must follow our own hearts in this life.

You are way smarter (and employed!) than I was. You will be fine young man.

In time the hurt caused now will die down. My father eventually forgave me and stood for me at my JW wedding.
    (But never put me back into his will!)

Yes, freedom has its price....but its worth it.

Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit