JC ON TAPE

by SickofLies 167 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

OMG, they brought witnesses in to testify against you? It's a f*cking lynching

• Spectre
    Spectre

No Odrade, the correct term is "helping", say it with me, "helping".

• Odrade
    Odrade

"Whatever's published by the Watchtower Society, those are my beliefs, those are the teachings that I adhere to."

"You're looking for information that's outside of what the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has published... I support what the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has to say. Those are my beliefs."

And what is with the medicine question? That your personality has changed? I like how they re-define "two witnesses."

"The Society has always spoke out against Higher Education because it destroys spiritual minds. You're being led astray by these minds. Worldly educated men."

He became a JW because he was the fall-guy on a union picket line???

"99% of those who leave for apostasy never come back!" derrr...

oh man, he totally flipped a loony when it finally occured to him that you've been taping all the conversations. That was the deciding factor... the tapes. He knows that if you play the tapes for anyone on the fence they'll have alot more trouble on their hands... better df ya quick.

jebus, unbelievable.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

The puppet masters governing body would be proud of their rep. YOU CANNOT REASON with these people. You could not have reasoned with me (I was an Elder and would have said the exact same thing). I am still in awe into my escape of the grip. It is really scary when you think about.

• Mrs.Congeniality
    Mrs.Congeniality

Dan, My husband and I just listened to the whole thing. WOW WOW thank you sooo much. I am shocked they didnt say " What does it really matter!" Thats what the elder said that we talked to. It took alot of guts to do that, something alot of us might not have done-it must be because of your higher education..We too taped our conversation with an elder although I bought a little recorder 45 min before he arrived and it came with 2 tapes saying 3 hours of recording time. We didnt expect for him to stay long he ended up staying for 1 1/2 hours.We didnt get it all. He claims he is coming back after the memorial. We will see. My sister (Lady Liberty)met with 2 elders at her house 2 months 3 days ago about 607 and they still have not heard a word.At least he prayed with you. Our elder prayed in the car before he came in.Truly Amazing

Thanks again and we all are very proud of you.

Your new true friends

agape

• Odrade
    Odrade

Yup, they did it. Disfellowshipped you for asking too many questions, and to "protect the congregation" from hearing your many questions.
    Oh, and we feel sooooo sorry for him, doing the "hardest part of being an elder..." poor me, poor me. Oh yeah, and DF'd you for going to "higher education."
    Nice comment on the appeal. "How far do you think it would go, I don't know." And if you DO send the appeal letter "it will just be another week that's all."

• barry
    barry

I couldnt understand most of it partly the accent i think.

From what i did understand and read here the elder seemed to be talking down to you i dont beleive that is a good tactic on there part with the sort of information out there internet and in this day and age they are just not with it. I once went to the memorial because I was invited by a good JW friend. I also asked my minister to come along if he wanted. What I didnt do was ask for his permission to attend. He dicided to come along with me when he thought about it.

I one listened to some Catholic nuns saying that dought is a big factor in there own minds and what about us who are less religious than some of these saints.

Also I am from a Church that prides itself on promoting higher education but that doesnt beleive they dont have some kooky beleifs too a doctrine similar to 1914 which is the doctrine of 1844 I must write about it here soon and all the implications it has.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

The education part is killing me.

I happen to have an education and IQ that precedes my involvement with the JWs, and an MBA that post-dates it. I had many incidents of prejudice against me due to that. Elders and some servants, even one family member who became an elder. Use to be my best friend. Haters. I could see if I was a pompous jerk. But I was known as a nice, helpful guy who people came to. That's what burned them up.

Anyways, It did not "open my eyes to evil" or whatever. They are really lame thinking that. It's been mentioned on this board before, that many feel threatened by the critical thinking that can result from serious liberal arts education.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm just about to listen to this, I just first wanted to pass on some GREAT BIG HUGS because you've just been disfellowshipped and it's just brutal.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Thanks everyone for the support, I tell you what, I didn't feel bad at all when I got home, after I got the whole thing posted on the net I did a little victory dance!

Who is leading the JC? Is that the PO??

Isn't this the week of the CO visit? (I think I remember that from yesterday's tape...)

Ya, the PO (who by his own admission during the JC has a grade 8 education) was leading the JC, the CO wasn't present.

BTW, C[edit] T[edit] 905-[edit]-[edit] was the guy leading the thing in case anyone wonders edited for privacy issues ~ Scully (sorry SickofLies, I would have loved to leave it, but as deluded as this guy is, he's still entitled to have his privacy respected)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit