JC ON TAPE

by SickofLies 167 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Wordly Wisdom... okay tell this to the elders ...

The writing department / teaching committees have access to a private library in the 25 Building 8th floor (off the tour route of course and off limits to bethelites). No. Not a WT library. A FREAKIN LIBRARY OF WORLY BOOKS DAMMIT! They have a subscription to the pope's talks DAMMIT! THE SOCIETY VALUES WORDLY WISDOM. They also have access to e-sword... What is e-sword? See link below. The libraries for bethelites around the bethels have worldy books dammit!!! I am pissed. sorry.

IF THE SOCIETY PRINTED THE BOOKS THEY HAVE IN THEIR LIBRARY, HELL WOULD BREAK LOOSE.

http://www.e-sword.net/

THEY SEARCH THE INTERNET like us. They print out anything JW news related and pass it around within the circle. I know - i saw it with my one 2 eyes.

Out of here - WAC

sorry did not mean to hijack the thread... just in reference to the so called worldy wisdom brought on by the elder in the case.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Rebel8 said:

"quotes, Have you noticed the elder on the tape refers to "THE apostate web site", not "AN apostate web site"? I believe the same wording was used in the videos (child custody case & doorstep disfellowshipping tapes). Interesting. I think they're talking about yours!"

Hooray for me! (Quotes claps hands like a six year old getting ice cream) YAY!!!!! I'm SPECIAL!!!! I once ran *THE* apostate web site!!!!! Hhhhmmm, it would seem that this elder didn't get the news: "THE" apostate web site has been closed down, thanks to Jehoobee's victorious war chariot of in-house and Worldly(tm) lawyers. I guess this elder didn't get the memo. :)

OK, seriously now. This elder is speaking as if there is ONE "aspostate" web site that sheeple in good standing have to be wary of. (begin sarcasm) Um, yah. Right, brother elder, only one. That is the extent of the information you have to counter attack: just one web site. Whew! It's a good thing that "Satan" can't be more productive than just one simple web site, isn't it! (end sarcasm)

~Q

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

well quotes DID have THE website..but when i listened to the tape i thought the elder was referring to the silentlambs site.. or as they called it.. that little lamb site.. i still find it odd that they could remember so many details except the name of silentlambs.. makes me think they are hiding the fact that they've gone and read there!

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

What gets me is that they said they knew for 100% sure it was an apostate site meant only to put down the witnesses but couldn't remember the name of the site.

• a Christian
    a Christian

Dan,

If the subject of evolution comes up again and some Elder insists that Genesis clearly tells us that God created everything in some "poof" kind of way, you may want to point out to him the following:

Genesis uses the Hebrew word for "create," "Bara," only three times, first when it tells us of God's bringing into existence the heavens and earth, next when it tells us of his creating life in the sea, and last when it tells us of the creation of mankind.

All other kinds of life, vegetation and animals, Genesis tells us, were not directly "created" by God but were actually "produced" by "the land." (Gen. 1:11,12, 24)

Hebrew lexicons tell us that "Bara," the Hebrew word translated as "create" - which is used just three times in the Genesis "creation account" - refers to "the initiation" of something and to "the absolute newness of the object." However it is not "Bara" but the the Hebrew word "Asa" which is translated in Genesis as "produced" - as in "God said, 'Let the land produce living creatures.' " (Gen. 1:24 ) And Hebrew lexicons tell us that this Hebrew word primarily connotes "the fashioning of" preexisting materials. (See Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament, by Harris, Archer & Waltke, 1980, Vol.2, pg. 701)

These things being so, Genesis chapter one may not only allow for the possibility that God used evolutionary processes to bring about all life on earth, but may, in fact, actually teach us that he did so.

Mike

• Mrs.Congeniality
    Mrs.Congeniality

I was just wondering if you are going to record your apeal meeting.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Wow... Where to start?

I've never done LSD...but I was having "flashbacks"!!!! Made me sick to my stomach to listen to the insincere convoluted banter...truly the sect of the Pharisees LIVES!

"Higher education destroys spiritual minds!"- Priceless.

"Rubbish...that means garbage"- also Priceless!

What a bunch of sick f*cks.

I'm just sorry you let them have so much "high ground"... I'da got up a punched each one... and left smiling.

I'd almost forgot how BAD it is in the bOrg...

u/d

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

What gets me is that they said they knew for 100% sure it was an apostate site meant only to put down the witnesses but couldn't remember the name of the site. Exactly Dan!! I caught that too!! I thought how can he know that you visited a Apostate website, if they were'nt even sure of what it was called?? It was so obvious they were lying!! Using that game of "Theocratic Warfare" again!! Such deception!! It makes me sick!!! Sincerely, Lady Liberty

• upside/down
    upside/down

So...How the hell did Brother Lying Between His Teeth, ever explain 539?

What a dipshit...

Did anyone notice the fear in the "witnesses" replies... like Mob thugs...reiterating how much they love the "family".

Ugggh!

u/d

• rockhound
    rockhound

Hello SickofLies

This is all a bitter pill to swallow right now, but this to, will pass. You are young, and the education you have, has taught you how to process information. My wife and I spent a total of 85 combined years in the organization before we finally drew a line in the sand and decided to go no further. One night on the way home from the meeting, I told my wife, "This Organization is scaring the Hell out of me"!!, "They have so much control, that with the stroke of an elders pen, my family can be ruined." "I do not want anyone holding that kind of power over my life, or my family". So for the next two years, we studied 5-6 hours every day, seven days a week. We kept telling each other,"We're not wrong in doing this". You are not guilty of wrong doing either, nor is it wrong for you to ask question after question. Questions are the minds most powerful tool. The Catholic church had exactly what the watchtower is seeking now. It was called the

"Dark Ages". Who knows, one of these days the society may get one of their flashes of light and announce that "All children reaching the age of two will be disfellowshiped as Apostates because they ask far to many questions". This of course would be a blessing in disguise, as it would save all involved a lot of valuable time, and the elders could be at home with their families parroting answers for the Watchtower study.

Proverbs 14:15 states: "A simple man believes every word he hears; a clever man understands the need for proof." (The New English Bible) I wonder, "Would a group of simple men be called simpletons"???

You may find this information from the 1978, Aug.22 "Awake" entitled Do others do your thinking? of interest.

Who fits the profile of Propagandists in your experience?

Do Others Do Your Thinking?

Propaganda has power. Does it overpower you?

Or do you have a mind of your own?

EDUCATION teaches you how to think. Propagandists tell you what to think.

True educators present all sides of an issue and encourage discussion. Propagandists hammer hard on their view and discourage discussion. Many times their true motives are hidden. They sift the facts, tell the favorable ones and conceal the others. They distort and twist facts, specialize in lies and half-truths. Your emotions, not your logical thinking abilities , are their target. Many fall easy prey because it takes no effort to feel, whereas thinking is hard labor . And the propagandist sees to it that his message is made to seem wise, the right and moral one, and gives you a sense of importance and belonging if you follow it. You are one of the smart ones, you are not alone, you are comfortable and secure—so they say.

Propagandists have little respect for people’s thinking abilities

. Hitler wrote: "The intelligence of the masses is small. Their forgetfulness is great. They must be told the same thing a thousand times." Lenin was more discriminating. He used historical and scientific arguments to persuade the educated minority, but slogans and half-truths to arouse the masses, whom he considered unable to grasp complicated ideas. The pen may be mightier than the sword, but oftentimes it is used to prepare the way before the sword.

I hope this helps! "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use". --- Galileo Galilei

ROCKHOUND

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit