JC ON TAPE

by SickofLies 167 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Sickoflies,
    Please excuse me, because at the moment I am completely drunk, but I have the opinion that you need to take this DF decision and go with it. What I mean is why the hell would you want to go through this process of apealing? Just get on with your life and don't look back. This organization, these people, do not deserve any more of your precious time on Earth or any of your brain cells. Don't play their petty little game anymore.
    In any case, may peace be with you - my TRUE brother,

-dp

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

You know...there is a common thread developing here, if an elder or elders indicate that they want to meet with you, just tell them that's OK, as long as they're OK with having the conversation recorded. Then tell them, the conversation will posted on the internet for all to hear. Wanna bet they back away real quick?

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Insight book: "Babylonian chronicle that tells of Nebuchadnezzar’s capturing Jerusalem, seizing the king, and appointing one of his own choice; 617 B.C.E" OK .....EVERYONE!!! CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!! Note the above statement that KW13 posted!! I am going to copy and paste straight off the cd rom from the Insight book three specific areas. One is talking about the above mentioned 617, and the other is the date 624 and then 625. Both are taken from a expert that the British Museum notes on their website. A.K. Grayson. who wrote Assyrian and Babylonian Chronicles in 1975 . I HAVE THE BOOK!!!! Recently my Father noticed the Insight quoting from this expert, giving dates that seemed all off. Not in harmony with the Brittish Museum. He wondered what the pages they quoted really said. So.. I decided to try and get my hands on a copy to double check it like I do EVERYTHING!! Well to order it costs about $70.00 for the book. I called the local library. They didn't have it but could order it from a University nearby. (Dan you may have it at school in the library!!) Anyhow, two weeks later, I had the book. " My oh my!! What have we here?", I thought. The Society has OUT and OUT LIED ONCE AGAIN!!!! The Insight book states the battle of Carchemish took place in 625, (see pg.480 Insight Vol.#2) However, the actual commentary in the book they go on to quote from says it was in 605... NOTE: The 20 years in question!! OK.. now they go onto say, "in 624 BCE he took the vast booty to Babylon." Quoting from the book by A.K. Grayson on pg. 100. Guess what.. on page 100 it does NOT give a date AT ALL!! The Society has inserted THEIR date to be 624 in the Insight book. Notice the brackets around the date?? You see in Graysons book it shows photos of the actual cuniform tablets, and then gives a word for word break down as to what is written on each tablet. And in the commentary under Chronicle 5 it shows 605!!! Then the Insight book continues to say Nebuchadnezzars seventh reignal year was 617 BCE. (once AGAIN in quotes), but the actual word for word off the tablet does NOT give a date!! In the commentary though, it says something different. It says 616-609 BCE was Nabopolassars Tenth to Seventeenth year! So 617 was NOT Nebuchadnezzars seventh reignal year!!!!!!! He wasn't even in power yet!!!! The Society is DELIBERATLY being deceptive in misquoting this expert to support their own dates! How many of us have seen brackets around dates like this before?? I know I have MANY times!! It has been my experience that anytime you see brackets, or( ..........) BEWARE!! You are about to be fed a line of B.S.!! I have checked out this book and renewed it hoping that the Elders will come back before its due AGAIN! I cannot wait to share this with them when they come back!! That is IF they ever do!! It has been over 2 months!! I don't have a scanner here. But at the office I do. My husband and I will try to get it scaned tomorow so I can post it for all who wish to put this in their arsinol!!!! Sincerely, Lady Liberty Here is the copy and paste from the Insight book under Nebuchadnezzar Volume #2 pg. 480:

Historical notices in cuneiform inscriptions presently available about Nebuchadnezzar somewhat supplement the Bible record. They state that it was in the 19th year of Nabopolassar’s reign that he assembled his army, as did his son Nebuchadnezzar, then crown prince. Both armies evidently functioned independently, and after Nabopolassar went back to Babylon within a month’s time, Nebuchadnezzar successfully warred in mountainous territory, later returning to Babylon with much spoil. During the 21st year of Nabopolassar’s reign, Nebuchadnezzar marched with the Babylonian army to Carchemish, there to fight against the Egyptians. He led his forces to victory. This took place in the fourth year of Judean King Jehoiakim (625 B.C.E.).—Jer 46:2.

The inscriptions further show that news of his father’s death brought Nebuchadnezzar back to Babylon, and on the first of Elul (August-September), he ascended the throne. In this his accession year he returned to Hattu, and "in the month Shebat [January-February, 624 B.C.E.] he took the vast booty of Hattu to Babylon." (Assyrian and Babylonian Chronicles, by A. K. Grayson, 1975, p. 100) In 624 B.C.E., in the first official year of his kingship, Nebuchadnezzar again led his forces through Hattu; he captured and sacked the Philistine city of Ashkelon. (See ASHKELON.) During his second, third, and fourth years as king he conducted additional campaigns in Hattu, and evidently in the fourth year he made Judean King Jehoiakim his vassal. (2Ki 24:1) Also, in the fourth year Nebuchadnezzar led his forces to Egypt, and in the ensuing conflict both sides sustained heavy losses.

Conquest

of Jerusalem. Later, the rebellion of Judean King Jehoiakim against Nebuchadnezzar evidently resulted in a siege being laid against Jerusalem by the Babylonians. It appears that during this siege Jehoiakim died and his son Jehoiachin ascended the throne of Judah. But a mere three months and ten days thereafter the reign of the new king ended when Jehoiachin surrendered to Nebuchadnezzar (in the month of Adar [February-March] during Nebuchadnezzar’s seventh regnal year [ending in Nisan 617 B.C.E.], according to the Babylonian Chronicles). A cuneiform inscription (British Museum 21946) states: "The seventh year: In the month Kislev the king of Akkad mustered his army and marched to Hattu. He encamped against the city of Judah and on the second day of the month Adar he captured the city (and) seized (its) king [Jehoiachin]. A king of his own choice [Zedekiah] he appointed in the city (and) taking the vast tribute he brought it into Babylon." (Assyrian and Babylonian Chronicles, by A. K. Grayson, 1975, p. 102; PICTURE, Vol. 2, p. 326) Along wih
  • SWALKER
    SWALKER

Lady Liberty...this is a little off the main topic...but I researched the "Evolution Book" out a few years back and was so totally stunned, it took a few days just to get my head back together. I remember walking out of the library in a daze! The WTS made it sound as if Carl Sagan was practically a witness...nothing could be further from the truth. They took almost everything he said and many others completely out of context, and made up all kinds of "facts." Thanks for posting your work and describing the inaccuracy's with 607.

Don't you wonder why we NEVER even thought about checking out the references??? I can't believe we just took everything they told us as the gospel truth and worse yet, taught others the same!

Swalker

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I get confused with the 70 years thing, I know it can be explained but I cant remember how.

Dear Vitty,

Here it is, I just made this for my brother-in-law. Hope it helps.

Seventy Years for Babylon: 609 to 539 BCE

609- Nabopolassars 17 th reignal year. Babylon was dominating all surrounding nations. See Jer. 25:11, 25:17- 26. 27:6-8, 12-13(All the nations will have to SERVE the king of Babylon seventy years.) The 70 years begin. ( Babylonian Chronicle 3- BM 21901)

607- Nabopolassars 19 th reignal year. Nebuchadnessar was not even in power yet! He was only a crowned prince at this time. (Babylonian Chronicle 4 –BM 22047)

605- Nabopolassars 21 st reignal year. Battle of Carchemish , between Egypt and Babylon. Nabopolassar dies and Nebuchadnezar accends the thrown. This is year 0 for Nebuchadnezzars reign. Daniel finds himself exiled to Babylon, as well as the Royal offspring of Jerusalem, the utensils of the house of Jehovah were carried to Babylon. See Daniel 1- 2:1. Jer. 29:1,20 (Babylonian Chronicle 5- BM 21946)

603- Nebuchadnezzars second reignal year. See. Dan. 2:1

586/587- Jerusalem burned. Nebuchadnessars ninteenth reignal year. See Jer. 52:12-16 (There were still lowly ones left remaining in the city.)

562-End of Nebuchadnezzars reign.

557-Neriglissars third reignal year. ( Chronicle 6 –BM 25124)

556- Nabonidus becomes King. (Nabonidus Chronicle 7- BM35382)

539- 70 are fullfilled. Nabonidus is King of Babylon at this time. Cyrus overtakes Babylon in one night. Handwriting on the wall. Jews released from servitude. See- Dan. 5:25-26 Jer. 25: 12 ( Nabonidus Chronicle: Chronicle 7-BM 36304)

• merfi
    merfi

Finally got a chance to listen (although the 8 year old just peeked in and looked at me funny). God, what a pathetic bunch of parrots.

I got asked that same question "if you are DF, what is your plan?" If. IF. Just friggin SAY it already.

I also got told that they were there to "help" me. Bulls**t.

As hard as it was for me to sit and listen, as it brought back some icky memories and feelings, it was also a GOOD thing for me as it is another reminder/confirmation that I did the right thing by turning my back on this psychotic religion.

(((hugs SoL)))

~merfi

ETA: what did you use to record? We have the CO visit (tm) coming up in about three weeks. He may want to talk to me after the accusations I made against my elders in my DA letter and in the cover letter to the CO...

• greendawn
    greendawn

There are techies that can use special software to even out the sound volume and clear up most of the unwanted background noise.

This JC shows once more that they are not interested in replying to questions to adressing doubts but rather in expelling ppl for the mere fact of having doubts even if they are validated by a lot of evidence and sound reasoning. The problem with the JWs is that one is running ahead of the FDS. That's how far their minds can go.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Watchtower misquoting secular sources:

This issue keeps coming up & I don't find a full database online of all the misquotes. Especially after the blood misrepresentation article came out, IMO this issue is becoming more & more important. Lady & others, I am going to start making a page for my web site on this topic....but I don't have much free time to research all this on my own. Any contributions are welcome. If you have specific literature quotes that either misquotes or otherwise misrepresents a specific secular source, I'd love to hear from you. My email addy is in my profile!

quotes, Have you noticed the elder on the tape refers to "THE apostate web site", not "AN apostate web site"? I believe the same wording was used in the videos (child custody case & doorstep disfellowshipping tapes). Interesting. I think they're talking about yours!

sickoflies, Thank you for taping your JC. You have done a great service to "the cause"!!! Excellent.

• KW13
    KW13

Lady Liberty is on fire eh?

Sickoflies i hope all this stuff was useful, feel free to pester me if you want a chat. MSN Messenger is a great tool if you wanna use that.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

sick of lies' i thought you were letting them crap on you till you got to 607. then you stood up and gave them a hard time. they had nothing. they couldn't back up 607. i would have used 1 thes 5;23 prove all things true. and 1 jn test all inspired sayings to see if they are from god? also the 70 years of jeremiah speaks of nations giving 70 years of seritude to babylon. including other nations. as for your education . it shows they have done next to no honest research. i haven't heard it all. but your doing pretty good. john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit