News About 2006 Memorial

by Severus 185 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

Okay...say everyone drops this thing in the contribution box at the hall or mails it to the PO of the nearest congregation.

What does it accomplish? It reminds them (The WTS) that we are there? It tells them we aren't going to contribute to their cause anymore? So what? They already know we're here. They monitor this site (or have it monitored). They actively look to shut down apostate websites (Quotes & Elsewhere). They already know that donations are drying up. Hell, they knew that before we did. We ain't telling 'em anything they don't already know.

What you are telling them is that we still let them get to us. Their existance bugs us and we can't let it go. So we revert to silly little fake check campaigns to 'stick it to the man'.

My goal isn't to fight the WTS, my goal is to free my family and friends. A daunting task for sure, but not as daunting as taking on the a multi-million dollar publishing company with an army of lawyers.

If, perchance, the average JW sees this thing, they're gonna rip it up faster'n you can say "Jehovah, save me from the demons." It will only prove to them that Satan is real and he's using "apostates" to persecute them. That makes my task of trying to reason with my family and friends that much harder. They see that silly fake check and the WT indoctrination is going to kick in; "don't listen to the voice of strangers...beware those who have left...do not use independant thinking"..."Satan controls the world" and then I have to work around that self-defence mechanism that has kicked in.

Now, if it makes you feel good do it, fine, go ahead, but don't fool yourself into thinking it's going to make a differance, cause odds are, it ain't.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    What you are telling them is that we still let them get to us. Their existance bugs us and we can't let it go.

There must be a measure of truth to that, or we wouldn't be here, right? The number of ex jw sites testifies to that. Of course their existence bugs us! They are destroying lives! Their existence should bug us!

It doesn't cost much to print one off and drop it in a box. I don't think it'll drive any of us into bankruptcy. If a thousand of these are dropped into boxes, and it makes one person think, even for a moment, isn't it worth it?

W

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

undercover - most of these people are at least as smart as you and I and aren't kidding themselves about anything. This will work, its as simple as that. You've admited that yourself* so why be negative and presumptious™ lol. Of course not many here will actually do it but that's not the point. Those that do will succeed on many levels. All JW's have doubts - why not hit where it does the most good.

Sure this may be irrelevant to your life but why jump in here craping on a positive idea? You won't see me jumping into discussions I find irrelevant (like blood, imortal soul, divorce, trinity or how may animals were in noah's gilgamesh's ark).

unclebruce who would have loved to have recieved something like this while still inside.

* when you mentioned the feel good effect as the least good it will do.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I have printed it out but I am quite a chicken. I don't know if I will have the gusto to go through with it. If I do it will have to be sent to head quarters, I will not step foot into the hall again.

Thank you for the information and the hard work ya'll put into this.

Loruhamah

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I don't see this as being the least bit childish.

I think it is well thought out, well designed, and has as much chance of provoking thought on important issues as anything else, and far more chance than doing nothing but wishing. I do think that they need to be seen by more than the money-counters, though.

This doesn't just make the statement that "we" are here and aren't going to contribute to their cause--it tells them WHY. Seeing something like this when I was a JW might have scared me and put up my anti-apostate shield, but I can guarantee that it would also have made me WONDER and THINK, even in small increments that slowly grew. I would have had to check into it sooner or later.

Surely there are others there now like I was then--on the inside looking out, filled with doubts and questions but with nowhere to turn for answers and more information.

It's worth a shot.

~Merry

• undercover
    undercover
    Sure this may be irrelevant to your life but why jump in here craping on a positive idea?

That's the problem, I don't think it's a positive idea. I think it can hurt "the cause (tm)" as much as anything.

I think it it's like a fox who wanders by the hen house and all the chicks scurry close to momma hen. Except, in this case, the momma hen is the dangerous one, not the fox. So by making an obvious move like this, it can cause all the dubs to scurry closer to safety, the congregation. I'll accept that it might cause an odd one or two to doubt more and question authority, but the majority are brainwashed into accepting the WTS as final authority and are going to look to them for direction when something like this happens.

As for crapping on the idea, well, this is a discussion board. I figured that we could debate these things. Raising objections isn't crapping on it. That's the beauty of being free of the WTS...we don't all have to believe the same or accept the same notion of how to go about helping others get out of the JWs. I happen to disagree with the fake check thing...but I'm also aware that I'm probably outnumbered. I don't see the point of being aggressive, militant apostates. It's counter-productive.

undercover (of the negative apostate class )

• wednesday
    wednesday

I think this is a wonderful idea. Money and lawyers really are the only things that get the org's attention. Baby's can die, children can be molested, women raped or abused by pious elders, BUT someone has the audacity to mess with their money, well, that is serious.

I'm not clear on where to mail this. I agree with someone who said that if we just put it in the contribution box, the accounts servant will be the first to know, and well, he might decide to share this info with the BOE or he may just throw it out as apostate stuff.

I have stamps and envelopes , just need to know wher to mail to make most impact. It wont do me any good to send this to my aunt So and So, however. she won't care .It should be sent to the MONEYWATCHERS of the org.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I kind of did sound like an ass, but I meant everything I said.

I don't mind people crapping on an idea, so long as they'll admit when they are wrong too.

Remember, apostates can't be apathetic. this is Theocratic WARFARE, we have to be militant. That's all there is to it.

• cosmic
    cosmic

I tend to agree with undercover, as I think of how I would have reacted to such an incident when I was still slack jawed and drooling. There is a saying among divorce lawyers as to how best get back at your ex-mate: just continue having a good life. That will piss off an ex-mate worse than anything. undercover also mentioned that the JWs "continuously" monitor this site. You bet they do.

My suggestion, for those of us less, uh, gutsy about this, would be to take a picture of yourself doing some enjoyable thing on the evening of April 12. Say, take a picture of your back as you watch the sunset, or a picture of your back as you sit in the lotus position surrounded by sticks of incense. Enjoying MLB, a nudie bar, flying a kite with a grandchild, crashed out in a hammock, roasting marshmallows over a small fire of NWT Bibles and WTs. Then, as a caption, we can all write a small caption: How I enjoyed Memorial 2006! in 25 words or less. If its possible, make a subdivision on the main menu page called "Memorial 2006", so anyone comming here will be sure to see it.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

I'd just like to say I'm behind this 100% and I've recruited a friend with like mindedness in another hall to do the same. I hope everyone on this board takes this call seriously and does their best to contribute. Maybe we could drop a couple S77 forms in as well.. I would say even if you don't agree you should contribute if you have the means, after all this is a community and we should support each other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit