News About 2006 Memorial

by Severus 185 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I love the discussion/debate this thread has opened up. Thanks, Severus, and everybody who has shared their thoughts and feelings on the matter

Danny Haszard is right when he quotes "evil prevails when good people do nothing"

Do something, do anything, just never forget the children who are stuck in that hell-hole religion.

Junction-Guy

~Merry

• one
    one

I like the dollar bill BUT,

use images that are more current with the WT,

for UN use Baby-lone ( sp? :) ) riding the wild beast (1 dollar)

diversify, use another one showing the UN building falling apart (5 dollars)

with link to the appropiate website english/spanish

UN will impact the old timers who are the support system,

the dollar bill reinforce the message as old bad old system (monetary)

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    Now...maybe those of us who want to participate can start an address database of KH P.O. Boxes ?

Gimme, North Central Texas...? Come on somebody on a BOE must have a list of elders, CO's & DO's, too ?

Rabbit

We have 8 days...where are the addresses ? Let's roll...

Rabbit

• Severus
    Severus

We are considering and open to new designs for WT Money especially other subjects or scandals.

One note about why I promote "funny money":

• Money gets noticed, the first glance is everything.
    • Look-alike checks are easy to put into a contrbution box (I have casually chatted with an elder while depositing WT Money under his nose.)
    • The WT Society is all about money. This makes a statement.
    • The bills are not illegal or counterfeit because a) they are one-sided b) they are a Zero bill (not representing a certain denomination).

Please comment on any ideas, subjects or graphics you would like to see in the future. Even non-US currency or cheque styles?

Keep this alive, post here!

• wednesday
    wednesday

I think the wts counts on us not wanting to be seen as rabid apostates. That is btw, their description of anyone who leaves the org, not just Danny, but an apostate. If you leave and go to another church, celebrate holidays, own a website that talks about jws in negative light, whatever, you are a rabid apostate.

They want us to be quiet. Leave them alone. Ok fine, DA yourself, but honestly, just shut up and go on. Some of us may want to do that, but others may not want to .

I feel any way (not illegal or immoral) we can get in their face and make it harder for them to ensnare people is good.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    99% of the congregation will not even know about it because it will be ignored as apostate. As for the remaining 1%, most of them will consider it childish.

I agree with this statement. How is informing the cong accountant going to get any message across? The elders are advised to avoid contacting Bethel unless it's absolutely necessary. Sending the fake money directly to the WTS would be more effective.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

They will just enter a counter-terrorist effort and put up barriers for the members. I hope this would work, but I don't think it will help. The insolar society wll just become more so. Just my view.

Individual contact remains the best way to diffuse the watchtower bomb. Counter mass-propoganda has never done more than put the walls higher.

Jeff

• gaybeat
    gaybeat

I got "ghettoly" invited to the memorial, the good thing was that they couldn't see my reaction while I was busy doing a project in my room.
    So they go "We want to give you a bit of encouragement, We are having the memorial next wednesday", and I'm thinking, what kind of encouragement is that fool.

• cosmic
    cosmic

I can't speak for how the JWs are outside of the the US, but I can tell you what reaction your funny money is going to garner here. 99% of the people who see it will yawn, because they have no fing clue who's picture is on the bill. Secondly, your poor attempt at a subtle jibe with the serial numbers will also fly over the heads of at least half of the remaining 1%. Let me ask you something, you ever see the posts from those JW whackos who get on this (and other) boards and post a 200 line conglomeration of pure shite? Y'know, the ones crammed full of disjointed cliches and cool sounding scriptures that don't mean dick, finally ending with some sort of barfed out plea for us to save ourselves, to repent and return to God's organization while there is still time? Well, this is equivalent to that.

For those of you who's bitterness and hate have driven you to declaring war, fine, I understand. I even agree. But you are violating the first rule of warfare: know your enemy. Do you honestly believe that somebody is going to see this silly as prank of funny money and suddenly shout, "Yes! I see it all now! I'm the f out of here!" These people are expecting you to do this, or something equally sophomoric. If you actually go onto WTS property and do this silliness, you will piss those people off because you will have violated their space. They will not laud your "bravery" or your keen insight nor your level headedness. In fact, from past experience, the c*cksucking elders will end up using it against you, and they will only circle the wagons a little tighter. (I can here it now, "Watch out! Next year it may be Molotov Cocktails!")

To those who may argue that if at least "one person is saved, its worth it", might I suggest that you seriously consider returning to the WTS, where you can be safely out of harms way and have someone else do your thinking for you. What about the nine others who will be even more convinced that apostates are a collective of childish dipshits that can't seem to get a life on their own? Are you sure you're going to be proud of yourself for springing some half-wit that was impressed by funny money? Don't worry about that guy, something's going to get him sooner or later.

Believe me, there are a large number of people who are looking forward to the memorial about as much as the rest of the world awaits the Bird Flu. You will make better inroads by explaining to these people that after 5 meetings a week, they are told they HAVE to go to the memorial even though they are told that if they aren't annointed the memorial isn't about them. According to the FDS, Christ's sacrifice had nothing to do with the "great crowd", so why waste a perfectly good evening on a bunch of megalomaniacs? to "show our support" for the FDS? Crap! Like I said, they're at a meeting 5 fing times a week, if the FDS can't understand support by then, f 'em, they ain't never gonna learn.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    To those who may argue that if at least "one person is saved, its worth it", might I suggest that you seriously consider returning to the WTS, where you can be safely out of harms way and have someone else do your thinking for you. What about the nine others who will be even more convinced that apostates are a collective of childish dipshits that can't seem to get a life on their own? Are you sure you're going to be proud of yourself for springing some half-wit that was impressed by funny money?

This is one of the only mature comments posted yet. Of course I agree with you, and consider myself mature, so maybe that's it.

I know lots of you disagree with me, but perhaps if you consider my past experience you just might learn something. I was a JW for my entire life (okay from age 4). I married young, and my husband was an elder for 25 years. At the age of 50 I learned the truth about the WTS and it devastated me. I wasn't easily convinced. I never paid attention to apostates and only came to the conclusions I did through listening to people I highly respected, including my husband. I would have thought apostates leaving funny money (if I even heard of it) was very silly and it wouldn't have impacted me in the slightest.

At first I wanted to do everything I could to help people get out of it too. You know what? Nothing worked. If people aren't ready to hear it, they aren't going to respond. I got involved in several things, well organized, spent lots of money on mailings and travel to do more to get the word out. Very, very little result. Of course it felt good and I thought it would eventually work, so it didn't hurt anything, just like I don't think this money campaign will hurt anything. But..............will it do anything? Nope.

I enjoyed doing things that "got in their face" too, for the first few years. Now I'm past that and am living my life. I seldom even think about them or what they are doing. I had actually forgotten the Memorial was coming up. Mom hasn't even mentioned it.

Anyway, good comments Cosmic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit