LET'S MAKE A LITTLE WAGER

by You Know 536 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

I'm not sure what You Know wants us to do.

He says he makes these posts to bring attention to world conditions and what they mean. Well, I think the great majority of us are aware of world conditions and also aware of what they could mean if things escalate. As I have said before, people have definitely seen the end of their world systems before. Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, the English, the Spanish, the French, the Russians, the Maori and many others have had to deal with the tumult of their empires ending, being cast into war, depressions, starvation, pestilence, etc.

So, okay, we are aware that our lifestyles or our very lives are apt to be altered significantly at some point due to occurrences outside of our control.

What should we do? Go back to the Kingdom Hall? Stop our lives and wait for the end to come? Sell all our stuff and go live in a bunker?
    What actions to take?

These posts started on September 3. Its been 4 months now. In that 4 months I have taken several trips, made a couple of new friends, bought a new TV, had the best Thanksgiving dinner of my life and discovered one excellent new restaurant. How should my life have been different over the last 4 months? How should it be different over the next 4 months knowing that there is a possibility that the "end" is near?

I for one think that a bunker mentality is unhealthy. I certainly have seen what it has done to my parents lives over the last 55 years.
    Yes, 55 years they have lived as if the end was tomorrow, not saving, not travelling, not living. You say we are ridiculers. Reason with us as to what we should do. Live like my parents for the next 4 months, 4 years, 4 decades?

You Know, what do you suggest?

Joel

• cellomould
    cellomould

"On my signal, unleash HELL!"

you know,... you never know

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

• You Know
    You Know
    What should we do? Go back to the Kingdom Hall? Stop our lives and wait for the end to come? Sell all our stuff and go live in a bunker? What actions to take?

Those are some pretty basic questions coming from someone who claims to be fully informed. As an X-witness, participating on a forum that claims to have all the answers to questions pertaining to the faith of Jehovah's Witnesses, surely you should have some clue as to what actions would be appropriate in the face of Jehovah's impending judgments upon this system? / You Know

• logical
    logical
    Apostates will say anything to try and con YK into being nice to them. (To no avail)

Just to back up what AGuest said, if you are a TRUE christian as you claim, then you would not have said that above line. It goes against the very core of Christianity, which is love for your ENEMIES as well as your neighbours.

Heres hoping you, and others will wake up and realise this.

• You Know
    You Know
    It goes against the very core of Christianity, which is love for your ENEMIES as well as your neighbours.

I have never harmed my enemies. I don't even harbor any ill will against any of you personally. I just ain't gonna be your chat buddy and tell you sweet things. / You Know

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Well, You Know, I think I'll post a question this time, as long as you don't try to make me look like a buffoon.

I've read that you put Argentina at the top of your 'collapse' list. Now, with all that's going on there right now, do you believe the end is coming with a financial push, instead of a religous one? That is, will the catalyst be cash?

ashi

• Erich
    Erich

ashi

I didn't read the entire "You Know"-stuff (very long and takes much time because English isn't my native language..), but nevertheless
    I am ready to assure all forum-members here:

The situation of the international economy- and finance-structure is indeed extremely dangerous.

There never has been a similar situation during the entire history.

We do not know the manner how the things go on, but you might be sure, that there is a connection between situation mentioned and the plan of God to change the world to establish a new and righteous world order. But my opinion is, that the matters proceed in an other way than most of all (including JW's, nonJW's, exJW's and WTS) would expect.

• joelbear
    joelbear

You Know says:

Those are some pretty basic questions coming from someone who claims to be fully informed. As an X-witness, participating on a forum that claims to have all the answers to questions pertaining to the faith of Jehovah's Witnesses, surely you should have some clue as to what actions would be appropriate in the face of Jehovah's impending judgments upon this system?

Joelbear says:

I've never made the claim I am fully informed. Someone who is fully informed doesn't ask questions. I've never seen the claim made that this forum has all the answers or even the majority of the answers.

Appropriate actions?

What would you have had us do 4 months ago or 4 years ago or 26 years ago or 87 years ago or what if Yadirf is right and the time of the end hasn't even started yet? Maybe you can lead by example. How are you living your life differently with the "impending" judgement of Jehovah coming? What actions have you taken in your life?

Joel

• AGuest
    AGuest

The wonderful thing about the flesh, is that it CAN 'hide' what is in the heart. For example, a man can say something like:

I have never harmed my enemies. I don't even harbor any ill will against any of you personally.
    ... and folks may never know whether this is really true or not.

In contrast, the wonderful thing about the Word of God... is that, by means of holy spirit, he is:

"ALIVE... and exerts POWER... and is SHARPER than ANY two-edged sword and PIERCES... even to the dividing of the SOUL.. AND SPIRIT... and is able to discern THOUGHTS... and... INTENTIONS OF THE HEART. And there is not a CREATION that is not manifest to HIS sight... but ALL things are NAKED... and OPENLY EXPOSED... to the eyes of him... WITH WHOM WE HAVE AN ACCOUNTING."
    So, now, dear You Know... if most of the folks HERE can 'see' what you really are, although you think your flesh is obscuring what is truly in your heart, do you REALLY think you can fool holy spirit by making such a statement?

My brother, my brother... please... THINK! Scrutinize yourself and see if what is 'showing'... your lack of love... is not indeed what is in your heart.

YOUR servant, and a slave of Christ,

SJ

PS, with regard to your statement, that:

I just ain't gonna be your chat buddy and tell you sweet things.
    Is anyone truly asking you to? Or are they just trying to get you to 'wake up' and 'see' the truth, about the 'truth' that is the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of the Religious Order of the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnessess... and Kingdom Service... Incorporated? Check your heart before you answer, brother.
  • jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Ok, You Know, you say this long post is about the financial collapse of the world, and it would happen in the near future. Care to inform us of when that will be? It has been three months since you said it would happen. I don't see people throwing their money in the street because it is worthless. If this is to happen shouldn't this happen in the USA first, not in Argentina? Argentina is not the leader of the free world, USA/England is. So your proof you offer about Argentina is worthless. Come on now, You Know, be specific. Quit generalizing and tell us how the world will end.

You Know, you claim to be informed, so how about sharing your vast knowledge with us, instead of hoarding it to yourself. If you want to help us understand, then out with your God given information already.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit