LET'S MAKE A LITTLE WAGER

by You Know 536 Replies latest jw friends

• dubla
    dubla

yk-

no comment? are you realizing your own obvious contradictions now? i commented on the value of the dollar increasing, and you came back with the answer:

The reasons for the $$$ relative worth is that the presses have been running non-stop since 9-11. The world has been virtually flooded with cheap dollars.
    this is a very contradictory argument....did you just say it without thinking? in the past you have said that the flooding of cheap dollars creates hyperinflation.......with inflation comes a shrinking dollar, surely you know this, right? so....if the flooding of dollars causes inflation, and thus a shrinking dollar value, how do you explain your above argument? im sure this isnt a case of you ignoring due to the inability to answer, is it? i suppose i overestimated your financial knowledge, or maybe simply your ability to reason logically. I suppose I should be ashamed for even having dealings with you on this level. LOL.

aa

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

dubla,

I read the first few pages of this neverending thread, than a couple in the middle, and the last few, and I just want you to know that I recognize and appreciate your amazing sacrifices. You, my friend, are a true hero.

To wade through all of YKs doubletalk and contradictions for 500 posts is a herculean effort that I suspect few of us have had the stamina to follow, let alone actively participate in. Yet you've been there from the beginning with a polecat's tenacity, a lawyer's attention to verbal detail, and an economists ability to expose oxymoronic bull/bear depression/war hyperinflation/hyperdeflation tomayto/tomahto BS that leaves me astounded. Bravo brave soldier, and carry on... for the good of us all.

Hmmm

ps you also have a nice picture, and if I were a gal, I'd want to do nasty things to you

• dubla
    dubla

just like a bad penny........

i thought today would be a good day to resurrect this thread, considering the current market actions. just a few reminders from past pages......

yk said:

"OVERSOLD" is a term the brokers and analysts use anytime the stock market dips. You are merely parroting the standard line used by the hucksters who are always eager to persuade people not to sell......As long as there are suckers to be separated from their money you are going to have guys running around talking about the great bargains to be had. At this point it is becoming increasingly obvious that that reasoning is analogous to re-arranging the folding chairs on the sloping decks of the Titanic.
    ah, wonderful reasoning, isnt it? just fyi, this quote about how "oversold" was just some imaginary term was made on september 24th. on september 24th, the dow reached a high of 8649. of course, when the market was a 8649, and i was implying there were bargains to be had, i was only trying to seperate the suckers from their money. the dow is up 2000 pts from that date!! thats a 23% increase in a five and a half months! oh, the poor suckers that bought into the bargain theory, eh yk? lol.

he goes on:

How have I been humiliated? If the markets crash tomorrow after you pronounced them to be technically "oversold" would that mean that your science failed? Hopefully you won't jump out of a window without coming back to the forum and explaining to me why your oversold market went belly up. / You Know
    well, thank god it didnt go belly up, and my office window is still in tact.

after i did some explaining on how the market was scientifically oversold, yk continued on:

Some analysts say that the dollar is overbought by over 50%. That makes your formula for determining stock values absurd. The life boats on the Titanic may have been considered in an overbought condition at one point until the fateful encounter with a giant ice cube, at which point they become quickly oversold.......You are apparently delusional. / You Know
    i was so delusional about the market being oversold, that it only went up 2000 pts.....wow, what delusions.

more yk:

The system is finished and yet you imagine that the stock market is oversold!
    um, it was oversold, obviously. can you look back now yk, and admit your error? hindsight is 20/20, so ill let you have that if youre willing to face up.

on sep. 25th, more yk:

I don't doubt that some brokers believe the market was/is oversold. Many don't agree though. Many folks believe that stocks are still grossly overvauled.
    i guess they were wrong, hey?

more:

So far your only response has been to say that you think it's a good time to buy stocks cause they are oversold. It's amazing to me that people can be so blind and willfully so at that. / You Know
    hmmmm, broken record i know, but here we are, 2000 points later. oh well, you cant win them all, right yk? in fact, have you won any of them yet? lol.

aa

• Stealth
    Stealth

Did YouKnow ever pay up on his bet he lost?

Oh well there is always next October. lol

• You Know
    You Know
    Did YouKnow ever pay up on his bet he lost?

Huh? You guys just don't get it do you? There is still this little matter of an ongoing war. They're now looking to go global with the expanded campaign against Axis of Evil. It's a chain reaction of events that have been set in motion by the collapsing financial system. / You Know

• dubla
    dubla

yk-

did you miss my post? or do you simply not feel the need to comment on what was obvious stupidity on your part? like i said, i realize hindight is 20/20, so if youre willing to face up to your clearly apparent errors, ill be happy to let that aspect of the whole thing die.

aa

• You Know
    You Know

Dubula

or do you simply not feel the need to comment on what was obvious stupidity on your part?

Hey, I think you ought to go snap up some "bargins," by all means. What do I care what you buy at a garage sale or whatever. LOL

i realize hindight is 20/20, so if youre willing to face up to your clearly apparent errors, ill be happy to let that aspect of the whole thing die.
    We can recycle this thread again as long as you want to. It's fine with me. / You Know
  • dubla
    dubla

yk-

Hey, I think you ought to go snap up some "bargins," by all means.
    obviously you have a real mental block when it comes to admitting error. ive posted specific dates and quotes by you, that considering the market action since, are obviously now proven to be absolutely preposterous. ive shown how you balked at my "oversold" levels, and my implication of bargains to be had, and since the market has increased in leaps and bounds. im not sure what youre above quote proves, as im not pounding the pavement right now screaming "bargains!" at 10,600. i told you how oversold the market was at 8600, and you called me delusional. whos the delusional one now? lol.

aa

• dubla
    dubla

yk, believe me, i realize crow doesnt go down so easily before noon, so i dont expect any less from you.

• You Know
    You Know
    whos the delusional one now?

It's clear to me that you are delusional. This is a classic case of a massive sucker's rally, and you are just one of millions of suckers that desperately want to believe that the system is going to be saved and that it's back to Happy Days again. It ain't gonna happen. The underlying distortions in the financial system have only gotten more extreme in the last few months. But, the bulls had to make a last-gasp charge in order to lure the some 2 trillion dollars parked on the sidelines back into the stock market. There have been several false starts in the last couple of months, but this looks like a real concerted effort to pump the financial markets back up. For sure, it will be interesting to see how far they can run with this thing. With money being cheap and plentiful it's conceivable that they can run it up to new heights in spite of the lack of profits on the part of many of the companies that are being bet on. My error was in underestimating the power of the Wall Street and government propaganda to fabricate a new reality. / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit