Disfellowshipped and lonely

by ryry 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Sheri
    Sheri

Ryry Welcome to the board this is just the beginning for your to reach out and find friends to help you. Since you have access to the internet make use of it to find answer for yourself that you may have on religion, or whatever is upbuilding. I say kill them (shunners) with kindness and you never know one day they may have questions about what real love is as Jesus taught his followers. Look up articles on disfellowshipping under jwfacts.com and get some insight on how you have been treated.

If you were a JW by having parents that were JW's then really ask and answer for yourself what your beliefs are by reading the bible and other bible aids that the Watchtower. Do not isolate yourself from people as there are many good people out there in the world that will be good friends and not judge you.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi ryry, and welcome to the board, you are among friends now.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hello and hug ryry ! Welcome to the forum!

I'd say focus on what you have rather than what you don't have (family contact). I should have done that when I was younger. I wouldn't have wasted 10 years feeling sorry for myself.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome.

I recommend that if you still have doubts as to if it is truth, do the research and prove to yourself that it is all a con. Once you know it is a damaging religion you will be more set mentally to move on to a new and better life.

Then make friends. There are people everywhere longing for friendships and willing to offer unconditional love. I does take time to develop new interests after being a JW so that you can relate to other people.

• LDH
    LDH

Hey there RYRY, don't look back--you'll turn into a piller of salt! Just kidding.

Welcome. Look ahead. Plan for the future. Set goals-- Short, mid, and long term goals.

Start by making it a goal to understand that unlike JW land, people on this board have their own personality and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Luckily.

lets say you like to play cards like bid whist, black people love bid whist.
    WTF--this was about as spurious as it gets.
  • sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hiya kiddo and welcome! I got d'd too, and my family now shun me. One of the best things I did was to make contact with other people who have been/are going through the same thing; it's remarkable (and sad) how similar all our emotions are.

It took me a while to come into my own after having everything I knew taken away. A year later I'm so happy and glad for coming through it. I beat the loneliness by finding some things I was interested in and getting involved with them, this got me in touch with people I had things in common with and I have some good, close friends now who would never shun me because of what I think...

It's great to know that true friends exist, and all it takes from you is getting yourself out of your fuzz and forcing yourself into the things going on around you.

Good luck and much love!

• gumby
    gumby

Welcome Ryry

Your feelings are shared by many who find some comfort in a place such as this. Glad to have you.

Gumby

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

RyRy, welcome to this forum. Over time you will make new friends here. We are small community of unconditional friends. Ask and you shall receive.

The Claw.

• alamb
    alamb

Welcome to our little quirky community. You'll learn alot and you won't be judged for what you think. We're glad you're here. It's a big soft spot to land after leaving the cold, hard place you were.

alamb

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

There isn't much more I can say, that hasn't already been said.

One thing I found interesting on this forum, is that if you have a question on some subject any subject there will be a few here that know what you are talking about and have good answers.

Anything, love-children-medical-electronic-history-you name it and there is usually a good answer.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit