What are your most hated JW words and phrases?

by Low-Key Lysmith 129 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The Jehovah Revival

aka

"Convention"

My butt hurts just hearing the word.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Well I went to the meeting with my parents today and there was a talk about "Soundness of mind." So right now those three words are the words I dislike. Especially since they said that "worldly" people don't have "the truth" or "soundness of mind." UGGGGHHHH!!!!!! 3 more months!!!!!!!!

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

I don't know if they still say it but 20 years ago they would say that,

"the worst JW is still better than the best worldly person"
    What effing BS.

I get a hateful feeling when I remember this little pearl of self-righteous BS because I believed it and unjustly looked down at my friends and relatives and couldn't have a proper friendship them.

• ferret
    ferret

Truth and Worldly

• juni
    juni

Sorry Flyinghighnow to hear of your experiences w/such unfeeling people. I can think of a lot of cruel words that were said to our family too.

Anyways - did anyone else hear them use a non-English word "happifying"???? They always used BIG words that are seldom used so that we would use our dictionaries (?) Yeah right.

Juni :/

• slugga
    slugga

Ok, I OWN the trump card in this thread...

"On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?"

Followed by

"Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, in association with God's spirit-directed organization?"

Beat that dubs

Matt

A years watchtower subscription to the person that screams the loudest lol

• yesidid
    yesidid

"The faithful slave"

and or

"the slave"

I really want to puke when I hear either of them.

Hey, I know who the slaves are, and aint them.

• Cindyrenee
    Cindyrenee

"meat", the hard to digest teachings you are supposed to understand and accept once you have become "grounded" in the "truth". After all, you aren't a baby anymore.

• defective light
    defective light

"Spiritual Food" - always left me with a empty feeling

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

I HATE IT WHEN THEY TOLD ME WHAT I COULD OR COULD NOT SAY!!!! LIKE DONT SWEAR!!! DAMN THAT PISSES ME OFF!!!!

the infamous one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit