What are your most hated JW words and phrases?

by Low-Key Lysmith 129 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

anti-typical

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If he/she can go to pick up a prescription at the drugstore, he/she can go to the kingdom hall. We should stop bringing by meals.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Don't worry about your baby, Heather. If it breathes the breath of life, it will get a ressurection. (Unsaid implication: if your baby doesn't breathe the breath of life, there is not hope for it.) A$$holes.

• loosie
    loosie

Utmost

• jgnat
    jgnat

Should

• delilah
    delilah

I really get pi$$ed off when my mother says to me, "The light gets brighter, as dawns the perfect day"...and also, the "let's not be forsaking the gathering ourselves together" phrase....

• delilah
    delilah

(((((((((((((((((((((((FHN)))))))))))))))))))))))))

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

Gathering - rhymes with blathering. Come on, just call it a freaking party.

Independent Thinker - Only cause they say it like it's a bad thing

• Spectre
    Spectre

"The Truth."

"Experience."

And there was a watchtower study back in the early 90's that talked about Jesus as "The Great Potentate." I was like "Potentate?" Lets go straight to the stupid word thesaurus why don't we.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you, Delilah.

"You could keep up the meeting schedule IF you were willing to put forth the effort. Sister Sainted goes and she is blind, deaf, dumb, has chronic fatigue syndrome and is confined to an iron lung. If she can make the meetings, conventions and still regular pioneer, you can, too. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, BLAH!"

And as they say the above words, they keep speaking faster and faster until they sound like a 33 1/3 record that's been speeded up to 78.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit