What are your most hated JW words and phrases?

by Low-Key Lysmith 129 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

waiting on Jehovah.... aaargh..

and... "threat to your spirituality" ugh!!

forgot the most hated " TURN YOUR TIME IN!"

• greendawn
    greendawn

Theocracy (= dictatorship), such ones, vindicate jehovah's name (does it need vidication?), field service, weak brother(sister), we must never disobey the FDS, jehovah's organisation our mother.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

The "Friends"

"Some of the friends are coming over later, for some upbuilding association."

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I hate when they call other JWs "The Friends" for two reasons:
    1) Quakers were doing this way before JWs.
    2) It's just such a blatent mind control tactic. No one outside of the JWs can be your "friend," so you have to stay.

CountryGuy

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

"leave it in Jehovers hands" subterfuge whenever the flunkyhacks blunder and ruin another life

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

"in the beginning"

and i was thinking today, that the only time i was ever called "brother", outside of the formalism of meetings, was when either someone was trying to make me feel guilty for something, or they were hitting me up for a favor.

ts

• Chimene
    Chimene

oh, lets not forget "bad association"

like us apostates, LOL

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

"stumble"

"keep your eyes on the prize"

"good works"

"unbelieving mate"

"great tribulation"

• gaybeat
    gaybeat

We Must not Forsake the gathering blahblahblah.

I got this alot, and then he would look to me everytime when he was on the platform saying this. Then a murderous thought came in my head.

• rimbaudbunuel
    rimbaudbunuel

It was mentioned before but - "encouraging" is the one I hate. I have heard "that was so encourging" about 1 million times in my life. I can't remember after a meeting my mom every not saying something was encouraging, or somebody after I gave a talk or something tell me how encouraging it was. Oh God, that word fills my nightmares. hahahaha - Jonathan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit