What are your most hated JW words and phrases?

by Low-Key Lysmith 129 Replies latest jw friends

• marmot
    marmot

"we do well to consider..." (good grief do I dislike this passive-aggressive trigger phrase)

"Satan's influence" (that rascal is behind everything, it seems)

"finished his/her earthly course" (just say it, fer crying out loud, they're DEAD)

"reach out" (...and kiss my ass)

• restrangled
    restrangled

Sometimes it isn't the words, its the way they are pronounced:

My three hated words as done by my mother.....

JAHOOOOOVAAAAHHHHH(j...ahhhhhh Hooooove (as in hoover) and then (Ahhhhhhhh)

PARAAAAHHHHDISSSSE (lots of ahhhhhhh and dice for as long as you can hold it especially the ice part)

THE TRUUUHHHHTH ( Lots of gutteral whooooothhhhhh) like you were saying who and tooth combind for as long as your breath will hold out)

r.

• Casper
    Casper

"Consider the source"... had that one told to me a few times.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    "Satan's influence" (that rascal is behind everything, it seems)

That's what my wife has been telling me for the past few weeks....

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

"The light is getting brighter and brighter" (and then singing song 111 to drill it in)

"Prophetic parallel" - that's all Gilead is about. The Bible isn't what it says, everything means somebody else (but that somebody always is the FDS)

"evidently" - this is their safe word. If they get it wrong, it's cuz they only said evidently

"perhaps" - (Remember 1975)

"Conditions in the world are getting worse" - this was my parents argument when I told them I wanted to be a xJW. You can tell that they only read history from the FDS publications.

"Publications"

"Books"

"Brochures"

"Booklets"

"Return visits"

"Hours" - this number determines if you will be saved or not

• bavman
    bavman

"Birth Canal" - from the 'Youth' book

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

'We all know brothers and sisters....'

What exactly was it they knew?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    "Birth Canal" - from the 'Youth' book

I think it used the proper words penis and vagina too, didn't it. (Not that real people use those words either, since they will probably say d & p)

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

"so what is he/she doing with the truth ?" ... because its such a blatant attempt to write someone off for not "doing enough with the truth". lame.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I really hate the words, "theocratic" and "inculcate." People sound so fake when they use them when before, they didn't even know what these words meant. All of a sudden, these became so common just because they read it from Timothy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit