What are your most hated JW words and phrases?

by Low-Key Lysmith 129 Replies latest jw friends

• TopHat
    TopHat

I hear it all the time: When you point out how the Governing Body made a big mistake of any kind.

"They are not perfect" .......But, but fellow JWs have been D'F for less I say!

• Generic Man
    Generic Man

You're forgetting "food at the proper time" as in "the faithful and discrete slave, who are serving spirtitual food at the proper time." Also I hate it when they refer to the "annointed" as "spirtitaul brothers of Christ." What a bunch of masterbatory crap!

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Has "New Light" been mentioned? If it did, then I think it should be once more.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

HAPPIFYING.

That one still curls my teeth up round my tonsils and swings them round the room over my head.

HB (of the "no longer happifiable" class )

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

inculcate

Jerhoover's arrangement

How do True Christians view ____ in light of the principles found in G0d's word?

• pisces
    pisces

My most hated JW phrases are "We don't want to bring reproach upon Jehovah's name" and "Cause for stumbling".

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

"Torture Stake" (I had a "torture steak" one time at Sizzler)

"Self Abuse"

"Householder"

"Persecution for Our Faith" (give me a break. they are persecuted because they are douchebags.)

"Steadfastness"

• Generic Man
    Generic Man

Oh yeah, I also hate it when they say "do not lean upon your own understanding." I guess I have to lean upon the understanding of a few old men from Brooklyn. If you do lean upon your own understanding, you end up striving after "higher education" (of course, this word is always used in the pejorative sense) and you become so "haughty and proud" since you've learned what real scholarship looks like.

I could go on, but I hate all of those buzzwords. Talk like a real person, damnit!

• carla
    carla

All and any 'unique' words of jw.

What is Muff n egg, special code word for EggMcMuffin? weirdo's.

• blondie
    blondie

spiritually weak

bad association

stumbled

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit