It's Friday night - what are you up to??

by Super_Becka 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    What else . . . The Games !

Of course!! My roommates are watching that in the next room, I can hear it all from here. I'll be heading out to watch momentarily, too, with my Pepsi, of course.

-Becka :)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

SciFi Friday Ya Baby!!!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I worked till 7pm, came home and had pizza and beer. (JH - you are a man after my own heart -Bud Light yeah!!!!!!)

Not sure what to do next, I'll probably take the doggies for a nice long walk, it's gently snowing here and it's not too cold. Then watch last nights Survivor that I taped (Thursdays are girls night out!)

BB

• onesong
    onesong

Thanks for your input into Newfie life Becka---would you say that "THE SHIPPING NEWS" gives an accurate portrayal? I loved the book and movie.

• anewme
    anewme

Today was a lovely warm Spring like day. It hit nearly 70 I'm told. Lovely!
    Worked with hubby in the morning at his job, then came home to garden together.
    Under the clean clear skies and sweet scented air we painted an antique table to use as a patio table and potted two more roses.
    Last weekend he completed laying out the bricks for a back patio and todays weather motivated us to work further on it.
    Tomorrow the paint will be dry on the little table and we will celebrate our life in fine style and toast you all with a chilled dry white.

Tonight is so special. For the last week a very sweet scent, perhaps from a nearby vine or blooming tree is sending its perfume all around and into our canyon cottage. It brings back memories of many great past spring/summer nights in my life. Ah, thankyou kind nature. You bring me relief from the broken heart I must live with.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

The Crown Royals are catching up on me. Are not weekends just great.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    The Crown Royals are catching up on me. Are not weekends just great.

no...they're not... THEY'RE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! luv, jojo

• Undecided
    Undecided

I had a great time tonight. My daughter gave me a birthday party and invited several of my friends and family. Everyone was so happy and we just talked, ate, and had fun. It's so great to be loved and thought about like that. My daughter is the sweetest, loving person I know.(Of course I'm not prejudiced) I don't understand why God would consider this a sin, according to the GB nuts at Brooklyn. I'll post a picture or two later.

Ken P.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

drinking the first glass of merlot, playing the guitar(working on a doyle bramhall and smokestack song), waiting for 4-6 inches of snow here in nc

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Thanks for your input into Newfie life Becka---would you say that "THE SHIPPING NEWS" gives an accurate portrayal? I loved the book and movie.

Hey onesong, glad I could be of service. I haven't read "The Shipping News", but I have seen the movie, which was partly filmed here, by the way, and I would say that it gives a reasonably accurate portrayal of life in rural Newfoundland, even the accents were decent!! Gordon Pinsent, the actor who played "Billy Pretty", is actually a Newfoundlander, born and raised. You really have to hear a real Newfie to appreciate it, though - we're famous for our accents. Of course, it's a Hollywood movie and it tends to play up some of the less-than-appealing parts of Newfoundland life and ignore the better parts, just for entertainment, but it does give an idea of what it's like here. For example, it's rainy and foggy here a lot of the time, and we don't even get spring until nearly June, I kid you not. But hey, it's a great place here, the people here are awesome, we're famous for our hospitality, and while it might not be the fanciest place in the world to live, I think Newfoundland is the best place in the whole wide world. Not that I'm biased or anything... You'll have to come visit sometime, it's awesome here!!

I had a great time tonight. My daughter gave me a birthday party and invited several of my friends and family. Everyone was so happy and we just talked, ate, and had fun. It's so great to be loved and thought about like that. My daughter is the sweetest, loving person I know.(Of course I'm not prejudiced) I don't understand why God would consider this a sin, according to the GB nuts at Brooklyn. I'll post a picture or two later.

Hey Undecided (aka Ken P.), sounds like you had an awesome night!! That's what life is all about, having fun with the people closest to you. I don't think God would consider having a birthday party a sin, it's all about showing someone how much you care and how happy you are that they were born, and for me, that's a beautiful thing. How can something that brings people together in love and happiness be condemned as a sin?? I love birthday parties and I love doing special things for friends and family for their birthdays - I like to let them know that I appreciate them and that I'm thankful to have them in my life, and that's what it's all about. The smiles on their faces say it all.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures from this event!! Be sure to let me know when you post them!!

-Becka :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit