It's Friday night - what are you up to??

by Super_Becka 86 Replies latest jw friends

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

I've got a party to go to tonight. Gonna finish off the beer Im drinking and head over there.

• JH
    JH

That beer looks good Jojo

• Legolas
    Legolas

Becka....You have it wrong!

It's supposed to say...'It's Friday night, so what do we drink to?

I'll start...I will drink to Sunday being the 21st anniversary of the day that hubbie asked me out!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hey Legolas, I was being good, and you have to go and spoil it!!!!

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    That beer looks good Jojo

alt BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP!!!!

it is!

luv, jojo

p.s. i worked that burp up just for you JH!!!

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    So what else can one do in Newfoundland on a Friday night? A few of my buddies went there in ' 90 to "help where the need is great"

They reported that going there is like going back in time. ( 100 yrs. or so)

From where I live in NH it seems like NWFD is at the end of the planet. Please don't take this as an insult in any way. I'm just fascinated with anyone that lives in a colder, more northerly location than me.

Here's to warm thoughts and sunny days.

Heh, good question, onesong, there's really not a hell of a lot to do around here, it's a good thing I don't require much entertaining. About all you can do around here is go to the movies or drink, and depending on where you live, there aren't any movie theatres, so it's drinking or bust. Then again, while your pals were here to "help where the need is great" (yeah, we're terrible people up here, all those Anglicans and Catholics ), I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that they didn't do anything recreational because most recreation around here involves getting smashed. Newfoundland is predominantly rural, so yeah, I guess that if you come from a more urban place, then it looks really old-fashioned here. When I go to a "big" city, like Portland, OR (I know that city isn't huge by some standards, but there are more people in Portland than there are in ALL of Newfoundland!!), I get really bad culture shock because everything is so modern and new.

NH as is New Hampshire?? Isn't that in New England?? That's not so far away from here in the grand scheme of things - after all, my boyfriend lives in Oregon, now THAT's far away from here!! Newfoundland is just more northern and eastern. When I'm at home (as opposed to in university), I live about 60 miles away from the "most eastern point in North America", pretty impressive, huh?? We're pretty much in the middle of nowhere up here. Don't worry, you're not offending me in any way, I'm very proud of where I live and Newfies are really easy-going anyway, we're pretty hard to offend unless you call us "a bunch of poor, drunk, stupid fishermen", in which case it's personal and you really don't want to go there. A Newfoundlander will be a friend for life, but make an enemy of one, and a Newfoundlander will be your enemy for life. If you ever want to know anything about Newfoundland, feel free to ask me, I'll tell you anything you want to know.

Personally, I'm intrigued with people who live in warmer climates and people who live inland. I've always lived here, so I'm used to having four seasons - Almost Winter (aka "fall"), Winter, Still Winter (aka "spring") and Construction (aka "summer") - and I'm used to being by the ocean all the time. It amazes me that some people live their whole lives never seeing the ocean or snow. I get claustrophobic just thinking about living away from the ocean!!

As for my evening over here, I'm mostly done my laundry right now, and I think I'm gonna put on my warm flannel PJs, get some snacks and settle in for a good movie. How's everyone else doing out there??

-Becka :)

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I've had two myself at this point. I'm putting the last of my three kids to bed right now and then I'll be running to the pizza shop to pick up dinner.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Hey Legolas, I was being good, and you have to go and spoil it!!!!

Hehehe...Balls...What good does being good get ya?..LOL

When I'm good I'm good, When I'm bad I'm even BETTER!

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    It's supposed to say...'It's Friday night, so what do we drink to?

Ahh, OK.

Hmm, here's to... Friday night!! *lifts Pepsi can and drains it*

-Becka :)

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    live their whole lives never seeing the ocean

Oh god, don't remind me. Columbus Ohio is as landlocked as a city could be. I haven't seen the ocean in years and years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit