Do you oppose Gay marriage?

by LittleToe 145 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PMJ
    PMJ

i didnt say God can only see in black and white.i said the ishue of homosexualty is balck and white.the bible clearly says its wrong.God made adam and eve.not adam and steve.but some one like you would never agree.if your in to homosexualty then thats up to you.i dont hate the person for doing.i just hate the practice

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Is there anything in the gospels regarding Christ's view of homosexuality?

We all know the Paul was a twisted fundie who made up a bunch of rules which the Roman Catholic church kept in its canon, but, what did Christ have to say on the matter?

steve.

PS, unclebruce, Stop It!! my sides can't take much more !

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Do you oppose Gay marriage?

Hell no, I think gays have every right to be as miserable as the rest of us. -Ron White

I just dont understand homophobia... of all the things in the world to be afraid of... your gonna be afraid of fairies? -Ron White

We all know the Paul was a twisted fundie

I dont think paul was as fundie as most ppl think. I think the fundie aspects were interpolated by the UCC to give themselves more power.

• skyman
    skyman

UNCLERBUCE did I say trains, I said, I personally oppose but why did I say that, I said that because I have been brainwashed. I think my post is very honest, God created animals that are gay did he not. I mentioned a Bull that was gay did I not. Also how I need the reexamine my thinking I need to become a better person and be more excepting. You wrote

So Skyman, when your GOD was giving out brains you thought he said trains and decided not to get one eh? it's piss easy to oppose, vilify and deride 'the other' that we don't understand. On the other hand It takes balls to stand up for freedom. Being anti-gay is stupid. It's like being anti-hetro or anti-lefthanded or anti-bigears (or anti-noddy).Old Flame I like a man that speaks his mind. I also oppose gay marriages. But why do I, have they done anything to me. NO it is because my brain has been programmed

UNCLEBRUCE am I to tell GOD he was wrong by creating this Bull, NO. Now I will tell you what happened to this BULL the other BULLS hated him and beat the shyt out of him all the time. The only way this bull was going to happy is if he would of found a bull like himself. We never had another gay bull so we shot him and eat him that's life. We as humans are more intelligent than the animals so we should not treat people who are gay badly. Let them live the way they want. But don't think others will ever except it as normal just like the other Bull did not. I personally hate having the Gay ideas thrown at me every time I turn around. Keep it behind close doors and not not force that life style to my family and I will be happy. I have a friend that is gay and we go and have a drink at the bar once and a while I am not afraid to be seen with him. The whole town know he is gay and knows every Gay person here. Why am seen with this man. Because he deserves to live happy the same as I. But he does not advocate his life style. If he did we would not get along.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

stevenyc

Is there anything in the gospels regarding Christ's view of homosexuality?

Theologian Jeffrey John (the gay cleric who nearly became Bishop of Oxford a couple of years ago I think) suggests that the healing of the centurion's servant signified Jesus' acceptance of homosexuality because in that time the servant would have been more than 'just a servant'. The fact that Jesus decided to heal him is taken to mean that he looks at the person first rather than their sexuality.

• joelbear
    joelbear

i've decided i do oppose gay marriage.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Scotsman:

LT, you are a stirrer!

On the contrary, it's a genuine question, and takes a completely different slant from the one that inspired it. Since the other thread was crawled over by mainly those with a Christian Fundamentalist viewpoint, I thought it would be interesting to consider this tack. I've been holding in reserve the following opinion, which I'd also like to see discussed:

While a religion/denomination may have the civil mandated right to "discipline" members who fail to adhere to their prescribed standards, since when did this extend out to the world at large? Surely the world is permitted to "sink to a low state of debauchery" and the Christian "remaining no part of the world" should let them get on with it? What would then give the Christian the right to interfere with the "ungodly"? Surely the concept is to attract members by good Christian standards, and let the "heathen" decide if they can adhere to these loftry standards, or not? In the case of this especially provocative subject of minority practices, why would a Christian desire to interfere, when it is allegedly the Christian that is in the minority? Further, if they are to busy themselves in politics at all, surely it should be to the extent of preserving their own rights to worship and live their life to the standards they desire, rather than impose their standards on everyone else? Just my 2p, and something I'd love to hear some feedback on, from every quarter.
  • stevenyc
    stevenyc

IP, I think this is a topic for a new thread, rather than in LT's. (1 Cor 4: 14-17)

My main point is that Jesus didn't say anything about sexual preference. Paul did.

So, for Christians to decide that same sex marriage is wrong, they will be agreeing with Paul, who set the rules. However, if they read 1 Cor 7:1-9 they will see that the only reason to marry is NOT to procreate, but to get relief from sexual urges. Therefore, it can be said, that any 'Pauline' Christian that is married, was unable to control their loins and perform Paul's request to dedicate their lives to preaching.

:1Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry (Or "It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.") 2 But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6 I say this as a concession, not as a command. 7 I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

steve

• Fleur
    Fleur
    judgebruce (off to hide in the wardrobe)

Hey, Unc, there's room over here in my phonebox! :)

No, I don't oppose gay marriage.

Love is love, and judging is left to the JW's, who I left a long time ago. Life is too short to worry about what other people do in their bedrooms. To me it would be like saying people with brown eyes can't marry eachother. Ridiculous.

Love, marriage...all souls are entitled to it, IMO.

~still in the phonebox after all these years...(but not in the closet, I happen to be hetero LOL)

essie

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

no but gay marriage is definatelty ghey!

¬

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit