Do you oppose Gay marriage?

by LittleToe 145 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Inspired by this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/107010/1.ashx

Personally I'm hetero, though a few of my gay friends would like me to be gay

I don't really see why this kind of partnership (be it "civil union" or "marriage") should be opposed, especially since it's going on behind closed doors, at the very least, anyhow. How do you feel about the subject?

I have a vague recollection that there used to be a term for femaile co-habitations in the Victorian era - something like "Chelsea wives". Anyone recall?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Who me? Hell no! Gay marriage is cool, straight marriage is cool but most of all love between people is cool.

Only an anal-retentive idiot would oppose gay marriage.

All anal-retentative idiots speak up now or forever clench your cheeks!

unc who lies straight in bed.

PS: Doesn't the US constitution say something about the right to pursue happiness?

PPS: That said; Why Gays want to marry is another matter - reminds me of the saying:

" women who want to be equal with men lack ambition"

• jstalin
    jstalin

No.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Hey you know what people ? I could say a lot of very cruel words and call people names in this thread. Listen I Love God with all my heart, that which means I truly believe in his Holy word. The thread asked a question as to how you feel about gay marriage and I spoke my most honest feelings based on what my faith say's. But you people get so critical towards those who choose to follow what the bible teaches us. Do you really think that you are yourselves being compassionate or even understanding to what my belief is ? Are you people so F&%%&ing self righteous and oh so all knowing ? I hardly think any of you are any of the above. I feel sorry for some of you. You know whats funny ? is at one time everyone single one of you had a Love for God and a faith in his word but now that your out of the society you are angry at God as if it's all his fault. Well it's not Gods fault we got involved in a cult it is our own damn fault. I could damn you every gay person here but I don't, I couold use some very harsh words for those who are Gay but I don't. So you all go right ahead with your little stabs hidden by a computer, because I think your all gutless, your cold and heartless. And I'm about to leave this board because I am sick of self-righteous people.

• slugga
    slugga

Bye!

• oldflame
    oldflame

oops, somehow my post got on the wrong thread.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Are you people so F&%%&ing self righteous and oh so all knowing ?

And you're not, OldFlame?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey Oldflame you talking to me?

In one breath you say little toe, jstalin & I are intolerant and then declare yourself to be homophobic. Get a grip OF, you're talking like a weirdo.

......Well it's not Gods fault we got involved in a cult it is our own damn fault. I could damn you every gay person here but I don't, I couold use some very harsh words for those who are ; Gay but I don't. So you all go right ahead with your little stabs hidden by a computer, because I think your all gutless, your cold and heartless. And I'm about to leave this board because I am sick of self-righteous people.

Gay? Nope

Gutless? Nope

Angry at God? Nope (unless you can prove the ol' boy actually exists lol)

Cold & Heartless? Nope - I support everyones right to be themselves (Gay, Ungay, whatever..)

Self rightious? Yeah fair cop - while you're at it, why not mention my inflatted ego.

best of luck sorting yourself out, unqualifiedbruce

Gutless? Nope. Hidding behind a computer? Nope

Real JW status: Walkaway

Real Address: 866 Reedy swap road Bega Australia

Real Phone No: 0428 399 086

Real Email: [email protected]

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    oops, somehow my post got on the wrong thread.

Rolling-On-The-Floor-Laughing-My-Ungay-Arse-Off!!!! ... it's a funny ol' world

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Do you really think that you are yourselves being compassionate or even understanding to what my belief is ? Are you people so F&%%&ing self righteous and oh so all knowing ?I feel sorry for some of you. You know whats funny ? is at one time everyone single one of you had a Love for God and a faith in his word but now that your out of the society you are angry at God as if it's all his fault. Well it's not Gods fault we got involved in a cult it is our own damn fault. I could damn you every gay person here but I don't, I couold use some very harsh words for those who are Gay but I don't. So you all go right ahead with your little stabs hidden by a computer, because I think your all gutless, your cold and heartless. And I'm about to leave this board because I am sick of self-righteous people.

I hear you. Personally, I`m not against gay marriage. Marriage is an age-old institution that precedes christianity, so of course they have the right to marry. But whether or not they should be allowed to marry in a church or not, thats a whole different question, depending on which conclusions we would come to, theologically.

I agree with you though, I too hate it when people just show their flag of political correctness, their selfrighteous pretense of moral superiority, which is so typical of the left/liberals. "We are right because we are oh so intelectual and you are reactionary and conservative and live in a trailer and have guns and probably voted for Bush, you damn rednecks, end of discussion"...duh. I hate that attitude. Let`s all try to rise above that level of discussion. I`ll join you in every criticism, if someone tries the attitude/tactic I outlined above. But please don`t bring God into it (the passage I highlighted wasn`t...all to smart). This is a question of Biblical interpretation, that`s all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit