Do you support gay marriage?

by chappy 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Joelbear, you may be right.

What is religion anyway? An organised group of people following a set of beliefs.

Religion is the cause of many wars.

Perhaps human values such as you speak off, transcend religious ones.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

skyman:

I have a neighbor that F**** his sheep should he be allowed to marry his sheep?

Is the sheep capable of giving informed consent?

Personally, I think only individuals should have rights, which should not be affected in any way by whom they choose to spend their lives with. The government should recognise any lawful contracts between any individuals, and those who wish should be able to choose what they consider to be a valid marriage.

• proplog2
    proplog2

I am against all state sponsored marriage. The ancient idea behind marriage is the official certification of a woman's enslavement to a man. It gave the husband title to ownership of his wife. It has no place in a civil society. If organizations - religious or otherwise - choose to define and document something they want to call "marriage" that is their privilege. But such relationships should not be policed and enforced by government.

The state needs to come up with another system for dealing with property and obligations between individuals. It could be tagged onto the back of some kind of corporate law.

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

I will never support gay marriage

Blessed star

• corproal
    corproal
    Would your support extend to multiple partners, ie: bigamy?

What about individuals wanting to "marry" non-humans? This question isn't meant to stir up dissent. Fact is there are individuals who will raise this issue in the future and it will have to be addressed.

This has nothing to do with gay marriage rights. Is this supposed to defend the "sacred act of matrimony"? By comparing gay marriage to bigamy and animals ( non humans? )

That's insulting and offensive and I do hope that wasn't your intent.

Dams

• corproal
    corproal
    Would your support extend to multiple partners, ie: bigamy?

What about individuals wanting to "marry" non-humans? This question isn't meant to stir up dissent. Fact is there are individuals who will raise this issue in the future and it will have to be addressed.

This has nothing to do with gay marriage rights. Is this supposed to defend the "sacred act of matrimony"? By comparing gay marriage to bigamy and animals ( non humans? )

That's insulting and offensive and I do hope that wasn't your intent.

Dams

OOPs posted before I was ready. I don't see anything insulting in the comment highlighted above. The question posted is legit.Where do you draw the line concerning marriage? I for one don't support gay marriage,but if they allow it what can I do? I just get tired of hearing those in the gay community comparing themselves to blacks when it came to basic rights. Craig

• joelbear
    joelbear

being black and being gay are both inborn traits, however i myself think we have more in common with the women's civil rights fight

• lilybird
    lilybird

Yes.. gay unions should be allowed. In a free society,, people should be allowed to love and live and share their life with the person of their own choice,, whether it be man or woman.. But I also agree with some other posters here that instead of a "marriage" involving religion there should be some type of law acknowledging unions of gay and straight couples.It just makes life easier for them when dealing with financial matters...and if they love each other..life is too short... you should love and live freely..

• mdb
    mdb

Stewart75,

I have met quite a few law abiding and respectful gays

Who's "laws": God's or man's?

• dorayakii
    dorayakii
    I have a neighbor that F**** his sheep should he be allowed to marry his sheep?

loool. That has got to be one of the worse analogies i have ever heard. Very idiotic comment if i might say so. If it wasn't so pitifully sad, i would be on the floor laughing until my belly started hurting.

First, of all its got nothing to do with the sexual act. A surprisingly large number of gays do not engage in the penetrative anal sexual act, and many heterosexual couples do. Furthermore, the sexual act is no business of the government to regulate, when it is dont between two consenting adults.

Secondly, is this sheep a consenting adult human? Can the sheep live for 50 years with your neighbour and upon his death, inherit his house and pension? Can the sheep visit your neighbour in hospital and make health and financial decisions for him?

Before, you said. "I still have a hard time with the fact that these consenting adults have the right to do as they please as long as they do not hurt anyone else. My mind has been controlled and I am still a beget. I wish I wasn't, let me have more time out of the BORG and I will eventually get there."...... No one brainwashes a person, the mind "washes" itself, or rather allows itself to be manipulated. People only believe certain things because they want to believe them. The mind makes hate, the mind makes prejudice, the mind makes anger by winding itself up. Learn to control your own mind instead of letting others control it for you... And for goodness sake man, learn to think of some descent analogies, being connected with the borg should at least have given you some skills in making up analogies... or maybe you never worked on "effective illustrations"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit