• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Oldflame:

That was unimaginative.

How about expressing your well thought out viewpoint here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/107213/1.ashx

• Sheepish
    Sheepish
    I could live in a world where people go about their own business and judge their neighbors by how well their yard is maintained, not by the sex of the person in their bed. Unfortunately, I don't live in that world. I just have to do what I can to make my world a better place to live, now.

joelbear.GAg. I think we do live in a world where people judge their neighbors by how well their yard is maintained! And how expensive their car is, and what they look like. If I had my druthers, people would "judge" others how they want to be judged.I respect your dad for deciding to be loving to you and your partner. If he had a belief system in place that encouraged him to do that to begin with, you might not have had to go through a bunch of crap first.I apologize for anyone who called themselves Christian, and was unkind to you on the basis of your lifestyle. That is NOT what Jesus taught. The only ones he really lamblasted, in what we would consider an unkind way, were the religious leaders-who knew better! Everyone else he spoke to gently even while he spoke truth. Oh, and joelbear :

I have been "judged" and looked askance at, and spoken against, for my ethnic backround, my choice to be a Christian, my lifestyle choice within Christianity...lets see what else...my hair when I was younger.(I have very frizzzy hair) Human nature is generally (as in the majority or masses) low and petty in my experience.If life is going to change, it's going to change by people's hearts being changed-not by legislation.

I gotta confess, the adam & eve-adam & steve slogan may be true, but it turns my stomach. I am not sure why...perhaps because taking the great teachings of the Bible and boiling them down to slogans somehow demeans them. Enigma-Lol! I think you watch too much t.v.! You need to read the "rest of the story"! (Jesus reiterated the marriage set-up)

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

"Rest of the story" on the bible? Is that a Paul Harvey schtick? LOL

Me? Too much TV? Nah. Just throwing out another explanation that is no less likely than any other explanation.

Bigot used to use the bible to demonize other races. Interracial marriage. The treating of women as chattel. Dancing. Etc. The bible has been bigots favorite read until Mein Kamf.

It must be all the oppression growing up straight, male, white, middle class, and christian. They have a reason to be bitter eh? LOL

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    joelbear.GAg. I think we do live in a world where people judge their neighbors by how well their yard is maintained! And how expensive their car is, and what they look like.

Actually, that was my post. (I don't mind being called Joelbear, though. He is actually much better spoken that I am. Although, he does get the bum end of that deal being compared to me.) I totally concur that people do judge their neighbors by their yard or their car, however my point was that I wish that was all my neighbors judged me by. Being judged by whether or not you mowed your yard or washed your car is one thing, it is with in your realm of control. Being judged by your eye color, skin color, nationality or sexuality is another, it is not within your realm of control.

If I had my druthers, people would "judge" others how they want to be judged.

Amen. Or, even better, they wouldn't judge others at all.

CountryGuy

• moshe
    moshe

I don't have any real oppostion to Gay marriage per se. The problem I have is that in my country-USA- we have not made any provisons for the financial costs of Gay marriage. Nobody wants to talk about the increased cost of Social Security - survivors benefits,etc., just for starters. The costs will be paid by the majority who are heterosexual. How much will it be? Let's just get these numbers $$ out in the open. Does anyone know what these costs add up to and how it would be paid for?

peace,

Moshe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit