Third Annual Aposta-Crawfish Boil -- May 6, 2006!

by cruzanheart 295 Replies latest members meetups

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yay! HL & FOSHLL will be coming! It starts a little after noon, to give the Billy Bob partygoers a chance to recover from the night before and sample Xena's famous omelettes.

Nina

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Hello Apostafesters:

I will be coming up from Austin for the fest on May 5th. Does anyone want to share the price of a room?

CG

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Country Girl ! It will be good to see you again !

Rabbit

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hi Chris and Nina. I plan to be there, provided I can get back in Dallas by Saturday.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

It will be great to see you, Sixy! We've missed you!

Nina

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I love the outdoors but I have no idea what Geo Caching is?

Loruhamah

Geo Caching is where you use a hand-held GPS device to find a cache that has been hidden months or years ago by someone else. The Geo Cache will contain a log book and a few other little trinkets. When you find it you sign the log book and then hide it again for someone else to find.

Some Geo Caches are hidden in public parks that are easy to get to and others are in very remote locations that require you to go tromping through the brush a long time before you get to the cache.

You can read more about it here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/112651/1.ashx

http://www.geocaching.com

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I hope Valis/Travis is cooking cause when it comes to crawfish, he's the man.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I talked to the guy with the pot [CRAWFISH pot, you dirty-minded sods!] last night and he will be there! Can't really have a good party without our District Overbeer!

Nina

• daystar
    daystar

Should I bring something for kids to eat? I suspect my five year old won't be too up on the crawfish, but might be okay with the ham or something else. But do you think I should bring some more mundane fodder for some kiddos that might be there? Or is this already covered?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

We're planning on having a ham and Nina bought a smoked turkey last weekend. We also want to try to grill some hamburgers (but I'm not sure if we're going to have the time Saturday morning!). And then there's going to be finger foods (chips, cheese, veggies and dip, etc.). We've also got loads of soda (Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, a couple of diet sodas and ginger ale) and juice (grape, orange, prune, pineapple & V-8).

If your kids like something particular then please feel free and bring it. I don't think they'll like the crawfish too much as it's really spicy.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit