Third Annual Aposta-Crawfish Boil -- May 6, 2006!

by cruzanheart 295 Replies latest members meetups

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Are you ready to party and eat mudbugs? Then come on over to Dallas, Texas and make the trek to Murphy (25 miles northeast of Dallas, near Southfork where the show "Dallas" was filmed), home of Big Tex, cruzanheart, Jennie, Jackson and Moose (a/k/a Catfish Bait).

Last year we had about 50 people milling about the house and backyard, and it was a blast as usual. Elsewhere is the Crawfish Guru who finds the best for the least, Valis is head chef, Big Tex stocks the bar, and I make sure the kids don't do another Crawfish Shotputting Competition, which caused the neighbors for five yards around to wonder how they ended up with live crawfish in their yards and/or pools.

That was the first year. Last year I just invited all the neighbors and threatened the kids, and there weren't any complaints. Plus, due to our ability to blend ex-JWs, neighbors, friends, and co-workers in one large, loud, and very fun party, my boss gave me the responsibility for coordinating all client receptions at my firm, which has been a lot of fun the past year. So I thank all of you who contributed by your presence and good humor to last year's fest and hope you'll come again this year!

If you want to see hotels in the area, look up zip code 75094 (that's Murphy) on one of the travel sites like www.expedia.com, and that should pull up the closest ones. Murphy is a small town, so we don't have anything right at the crossroads, but there are some nice ones not too far away. Oh yeah, and for the squeamish or allergic, we have other things to eat besides crawfish.

See you in May!

Nina

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Crawfish Shotputting Competition

That sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

W

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh and we could expand the Shotputting into Crawfish Skeet Shooting!

PULL!!!!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Aw man. I have a wedding scheduled for that day. It's tentative at this point, as it's a contract job as a secondary photographer, but if it falls through I'm so there!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, I don't want to wish you out of a photo shoot, Andi, but I hope you can make it!

Nina

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

You already know that I'll be there.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I was raised on Crawfish in So.Louisana so, I HAVE to be there!

Pencil in 2 rabbits

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

But of course you'll be there! Wouldn't be a party without our Arrow and the Rabbits! We'll have a mojito drink-off.

Nina

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Hot dayum!!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I have a perfect mojito drink recipe, er...

Billygoat has a perfect mojito drink recipe...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit