Third Annual Aposta-Crawfish Boil -- May 6, 2006!

by cruzanheart 295 Replies latest members meetups

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Anybody who couldn't make this one needs to definitely plan on going to the next one next year; it truly was a great experience!! Texas Apostates Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Littlerockguy

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Thanks, y'all! Yes, it was a LOT of fun! I'm not sure how many people we actually had but I'll bet it was over 50. All I know is that Elsewhere brought 50 lbs. of crawfish and IP_SEC brought 50 lbs. of crawfish and there were only a few pounds of leftovers. And that was on top of smoked turkey, pot roast, ham, rotisserie chicken, lots of desserts, potato salad, macaroni salad, veggie trays, shrimp, cheese -- wonderful food!

Our Mystery Guest was Joyzabel, a dear friend who hasn't posted in a while. She had a good time catching up with old friends and making new ones.

This year's excitement was provided, not by the crawfish, but by my basset hound Moose, who escaped from the backyard and took off down the cul-de-sac. I found out about it when Ohiocowboy informed me that my dog was in the next door neighbor's yard. Apparently a couple of the neighbors around the corner saw him kill a rabbit! They thought he belonged in our neighbor's yard and put him in there. First of all, I had no idea that 55-lb. creampuff was even fast enough to catch a rabbit, but I guess he is. Or it was a suicidal rabbit. Anyway, it was of course RAINING by that time, so I got the leash, plodded out in the rain, went into my neighbor's yard (thank God he doesn't lock his fence) and fetched the dog. The dog didn't want to leave because he was still examining his kill which he'd brought with him into the yard. Yuck. I took the dog back, got a baggy and a garbage bag, went BACK into my neighbor's yard, picked up the dead rabbit and was just shutting the gate . . . when my neighbor drove up into his driveway. Well, there I am holding a bag of dead rabbit, and I said "Andy, I can explain this, really I can." It was like a scene from "Fatal Attraction" or something, except I was looking pretty bedraggled (kind of like the rabbit but without my guts hanging out).

Meanwhile, all of the apostates who were hanging out in the garage were lined up watching the show!

Later on those of us who were left trooped out to the front yard for a group photo. The neighbors came out for that one! Maybe they'd heard about the rabbit . . . I've heard rumors that there were moon shots taken after I went into the house -- I guess I'll find out when Sparkplug posts the pictures!

Oh, and anyone who does NOT want their picture shown from that group shot, please email or PM Sparkplug and she'll take you out of the photo. As for me and my family, we don't care -- put it up!

Joy made an awesomely delicious broccoli salad and I have the recipe from her, so I'll post that as soon as I can.

Ohiocowboy stayed late and helped us clean up and Elsewhere came over this morning and helped us clean up, and Joy helped and we feel really loved and happy to have such good friends.

It was wonderful meeting so many of you that I'd never met face-to-face! And Joannadandy and Eyegirl made the most wonderful gift bags -- ladies, you are multi-talented!

So there it is for another year. We may do it at Elsewhere's apartment complex next year, which has a POOL!!! Just think Apostababes and Apostadudes in Speedos . . . For me, it's a GOAL!

Hugs to all,

A Very Tired Nina

• luna2
    luna2

Sounds like a fabulous time, Nina! Too funny about the dog and his catch. Can't wait to see the pics.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    It was great chatting with some of you on the phone Friday

I enjoyed talking to you too Kate. Please give a big howdy to Craig. I miss you guys. Actually I miss a lot of folks over here and hanging out here. Hope all is well up in the wilds of Oregon.

I've heard rumors that there were moon shots taken after I went into the house -- I guess I'll find out when Sparkplug posts the pictures!

I've heard that the the neighbors for several houses down the street were lined up for that shot.

Blue moon. I saw you standing alone . . . . .

Chris

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Yikes ! Your dog Moose is a Rabbit killer ?

When I was eating Crawfish, he came at sat right down in front of me -- staring. Hmmm...Y'all said he was hungry for my food...me thinks he was imagining feasting on another bigger rodent -- me !

Oh, well. We had a great time. Ah, yes...the 'many moons over Murphy' was a sight to behold. I was so transfixed...I could not run quick enough for my camera !

Rabbit

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh my a moon shot! What on earth are you all talking about?

I LMAO as I write this because there is a comercial for a car that has this dog hanging his bumm out just as I started to type...(showing on TV)

Please, let me know if you do not want your butts posted on the board. Umm I meant to say faces! Actually there are avbout 6 people that either told me at the fest or today in PM not to post theirs. So I guess if each one that was there that wants copies, sen d me your name, and real name seeing I may not get who is who and possibly a brief description of what you look like and were wearing, I will send you your photos.

How is that? I do not want to breach anyones confidentiality.

So with that written, I must say there are the few regulars that I cannot get messed up with anyone, but I do not have everyones email. So please start sending email addresses and I will start posting a few that I know for sure are ok. I see a few new avatars coming on!! You know, maybe you should confirm if you do want your photo posted just in case!

Decki/Sparkplug!!

It was so absolutely neat to meet all of you and I loved seeing your butts! OOps I meant faces!!

Decki

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Thank you Chris and Nina, Valis, Elsewhere and IP for a great fest!!

It was so good to see old friends and meet new ones. It was so hard for me to hold back the tears as I said goodbye to the last of group at the airport.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    Oh my a moon shot! What on earth are you all talking about?

LOL "Why what on earth are ya' talkin' about, Mista Wabbit ? Why Ah declare I don't know..."

Many moons, half-moons, thong moons, yea, baby !

Luckily, I spared y'all my hairy moon !

My e-addy is a comin' your way. Decki

Rabbit

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Such a good time - as always...you Texas folks do have the best hospitality. Chris and Nina - you're the best! Love you guys!

Miss you all already!!

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

miss you too...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit