The Wild Beast has both a Name & Number. Do you know what the NAME is?

by Schizm 368 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rook
    Rook

Oh i forgot L,30: A,1: T, 300: E,5:

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Schizm:At least I'm in the ballpark - you didn't even find that...

...get lost looking for a weenie-burger, did you?

As usual, all you have left are insults - how very droll.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    As usual, all you have left....

If you honestly thought that, then you wouldn't be constantly returning to this thread in order to see what ole Schizm now has posted. There's no question about it, you're definitely hooked on Schizm's postings, and can't sleep well without first satisfying your curiosity regarding my latest posting. Don't feel all alone though, 'cause Gumaddict is every bit as much of a fan as what you are.

Schizmidol

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    The "woman" (harlot) represents Christendom, and her alone.

Prove it.

AuldSoul

• Schizm
    Schizm
    The "woman" (harlot) represents Christendom, and her alone.
    Prove it.

AuldSoul

Up your's, Sherlock, get your big fat hiney in line with everyone else, and no cutting in!

On second thought, that would make a good topic for a new thread. I'll probably just do that before long, just to please you. Enough of that business of people saying the harlot stands for the "world empire of false religion". It was said, "Adultesses, ... friendship with the world is enmity with God". To become a spiritual harlot, therefore, a person or religion has to first claim to be Christian. Therefore, non-christian religions cannot be represented by the harlot; hence the idea that she pictures the "world empire of false religion" is totally unfounded. The harlot can only picture the religions of Christendom.

Schizm

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Based on the fact that the early Christians didn't like Rome much and were expecting Christ's second coming to put an end to Rome, the following are speculative identities for the characters of John's vision and its hoped-for fulfilment. I am not saying these suppositions are correct or even researched, but just that it could fit the vision. (Because the original fulfilment didn't happen, it has spawned all manner of interpretations, such as Schizm's).

great harlot/Babylon the Great = Rome (city)

many waters = Roman Empire

kings of the earth = Other nations

scarlet-colored wild beast that had seven heads and ten horns = Successive Roman emperors

seven = completeness

five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet arrived but when he does arrive he must remain a short while = next emperor will be the last one and only exist a short time

wild beast that was but is not, it is also itself an eighth king = Roman Senate, seen as dead (ineffective)

ten horns = subsidiary authorities

Lamb = Jesus

Lamb will conquer them = Jesus second coming to destroy Roman authorities

ten horns and the wild beast will make her devastated = authorities turning against Rome

traveling merchants = trade with other nations

Get out of her = Leave Rome

• Schizm
    Schizm

Here's the basis for the beast being referred to as "Babylon the Great," and the harlot being referred to as "Babylon the great city":

The 8th King (scarlet-colored wild beast) is the greater "tower of Babel" or "Babel the Great". Those people seen in the picture, they lived in a city they built, called "Babel". Christendom, the harlot, is the greater "city of Babel" or "Babel the great city". More later.

Schizm

• Schizm
    Schizm

Here's a close-up of that hussie, "Babylon the great city". Isn't she a beaut! Problem with the beast, ("Babylon the Great") is that 6 of its heads aren't supposed to have any horns at all. The 7th head should have all 10 horns on it.

Art used by permission by Pat Marvenko Smith, copyright 1992.

Visit her "Revelation Illustrated" site: http://www.revelationillustrated.com

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Here's a close-up of that hussie, "Babylon the great city". Isn't she a beaut! Problem with the beast, ("Babylon the Great") is that 6 of its heads aren't supposed to have any horns at all. The 7th head should have all 10 horns on it.

It is admirable that you are not so completely misled by the Watchtower Society that you are still capable of some level of individual thought and using your own imagination in interpreting the scriptures (though your elders would not be so proud of you for your "running ahead").

However, there remains the fact that there is no valid basis for stating that "Babylon the Great" is not the same as "Babylon the great city". Relegating "Babylon the Great" to the 'Tower of Babel" makes no sense in the context of Revelation 18:2-3 and the two lables simply do not refer to separate entities.

• gumby
    gumby

Schizm, you filthy bastard! I can't believe you'd post a pic of some ancient guy practicing falatio on all those guys that are lined up behind that big rock. The guy on top of the rock already got his I take it. Sickening......pure sickening!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit