Real 'BIG' news WTS sued biggie worker compensation

by DannyHaszard 210 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sir82
    sir82

If I missed comments on this aspect of it, I apologize...

If this were to become common knowledge among the R&F, what might the effect be?

How would it look if "Jehovah's earthly organization" is fighting appeal after to appeal to avoid paying compensation to its own workers, injured on Bethel property and/or while working for "Kingdom Interests"?

Or, if they stop the appeal, and word gets out that the Society is paying $thousands ($millions?) in workers comp premiums and.or settlements? "How much of my 'World Wide Work' contributon is going to pay for injuries caused by the carelessness of Bethel overseers?"

Seems to me that no matter what the outcome, publicity will be bad for the Org.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Thanks Danny, this is great news. This could hurt them a lot, and in the place they least like to be hurt, the pocket.

I hope it costs them millions.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

This is WONDERFUL news. It just seems that lately, one catastrophy after another is coming on the Society.

It reminds me of this Scripture in Deuteronomy:

(Deuteronomy 28:15) 15

"And it must occur that if you will not listen to the voice of Jehovah your God by taking care to do all his commandments and his statutes that I am commanding you today, all these maledictions must also come upon you and overtake you:
  • LDH
    LDH

Finally Free, nice point, it is all about business.

She injured her spine while running to catch a bus at an upstate church compound later that year.

The same way as if I'm driving from point A to point B in the course of my employement, it's a comp issue.

Comp cases in California are heard by Administrative Law Judges, not criminal or civil judges.

Hi Hawkaw! Long time no talk.

Danny great thread.

Lisa

• wednesday
    wednesday

I would really like to know more about these people. They have to be intelligent people to see their rights and not be bulldozed around by the WTS. If they write a book, it could be good. I'm waiting for the first medical malpractice suite. I do agree, they are just using the legal/medical for a cover, no brainwashed jws would sue the wts. They will be nailed to the cross for this by the jws that know. Sad that so many will never hear about it.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

This is BIG news!!! They have already sued and had a favorable outcome!!! I just hope the appeals court upholds it...

Thanks for posting it, Danny!

Swalker

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

If a JW came to the door now, to tell me about their "good news"....I would break a jaw trying to talk faster than they are....to tell them of the REALLY GOOD NEWS about the WTS!

Thanks again, Danny, for bring us weary old 'postates this terrific piece!!!

For all that I do know about the evil cult, I keep discovering things I don't! I'm wondering about the "paychecks" that are issued at Bethel. I know they are "considered as volunteers" but they do make a certain sum of money on a regular basis...right?

Do they get a check each time? Or are they handed cash?

Do they have bank accounts or checking accounts in the area that might be damaging the WTS defense during an appeal? Ones that would reflect $$$ coming in and being deposited on a regular date BY Bethelites who live there?

How would a judge (or a plaintiff's attorney) view "any" pay (if they are volunteers in the true sense of the word) and or how it was paid?

If the WTS has since changed "operations" from less human-contact computers, machines, etc.....how far back would any statutes pertaining to this and injuries caused befor the changes....be able to reach?

How far back would the WTS be liable for lawsuits of the injuries?

I recall a few years back, when "changes" were made and directives were sent about the liabilities where any elders were then "on their own" and were told in no uncertain terms that the WTS would be washing their hands of these from then on. It sounds very much now like the undercurrent of the "faithful Bethelites" being kicked to the same curb (with glowing reports to hold in their "hands" while looking for housing and employment.)

Isn't the WTS running out of feet to shoot themselves in?

Annie......the Question Lady! [edited to say that I forgot to wave and say a big HELLO to Hawkaw! It's great to see you posting!!!]

• Gerard
    Gerard

You can bet that the WT will settle out of court for an undisclosed amount. They've done it before as it is the cheapest fix when proven wrong.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

I agree Gerald, They will probably settle out of court to once again try to swept this under the rug.Then years later "new light" will appear and the whole thing will disappear. Hope they lose their ass-sets.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

This has already been tried, the adverse judgment has already been rendered. The ONLY reason to appeal is to try and overturn the ruling. If they appeal, they won't settle because the adverse ruling would be precedent that would stand unchallenged.

It CAN'T be settled after the ruling is made.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit