Real 'BIG' news WTS sued biggie worker compensation

by DannyHaszard 210 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    But if the decision stands, the Witnesses - and other religious organizations - could potentially face millions of dollars in workers' compensation insurance premiums and payments, said church lawyer John Miller.

"It'll pretty much put religious orders out of business," Miller said. "It would certainly impact whether we would ever want to continue operations" in New York.

Someone finally admits what it's really all about! Business!

W

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    That general mood bodes well for our ability to get the tort of misrepresentation through on the basis of narrow relief.

We are building the EXJW ''field of dreams" and they will come meanwhile we will give them a run for the money.

It IS about the money,in my case they are screaming about my endless webpages,they got my life that i squandered for them,my health,family education,$avings.

You can't give me my life back,but i'll take monetary compensation fair and square.

If you don't like it pay me back all the money you extorted from me Watchtower and i will go away....Danny Haszard

Q. Watchtower apologist-'oh so you are only doing it for the money'?

Ans.Danny sez-damn right!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

As this story spreads around in the courts and lawyers world, I would hope that they will take a more secular view of the actions and money making aspects and their treatment of their employees of many so called religions.

This could open up the gates for a flood of government legal actions against many of them.

It could be that the wbts and a few others would be the first to experience a very new unexpected change taking place in their holier than thou attitude.

Outoftheorg

• VM44
    VM44

The judge is basing the decision on the nature of the work done.

Just saying that a person is a member of a religious group, and that they area a volunteer, will not cut it anymore.

The real question is, What is the nature of the work that the person does day to day?

If the work is of a secular nature, similar to that done by a employee of a business, then the employee is entitled to worker's compensation.

For years The Watchtower has been sending people home who had become injured, to be taken care by their families. Not so anymore! and they don't like it!

--VM44

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    The ruling was made by a "Worker's Compensation Law Judge", according to the article.
    Does that mean it was tried in a "normal" court, or is there a special setting for Worker's Comp issues?

In Canada it would means it was heard as a hearing before a Board in a quasi-court like setting. The Board has rules posted on its web site as how it will hear evidence etc. Usually they are not as official as Court would be but most of the Civil Court rules would apply.

If memory serves, in Canada (anyway) and depending on the Board, a Board decision can be subject to appeal to the Court or the Board decisions are subject to a judicial review by the Court.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Is it just me or does anyone else find it kinda weird that in this case it was a chiropractor that ended up having a spinal injury .....

• VM44
    VM44

How many times can The Watchtower appeal this decision? --VM44

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Is it just me or does anyone else find it kinda weird that in this case it was a chiropractor that ended up having a spinal injury .....

lol... yeah I noticed that too. Talk about irony!

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Thanks Danny! This is great news!

-Doodle-V

• garybuss
    garybuss

If they appeal this one and risk losing their religious order employee exemption for four hundred bucks a week, they're nuts. This'll be the cheapest check they ever wrote. It may also increase the line for the ice patch at the bus stop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit