To scholar: re: child abuse

by Lady Lee 144 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scholar,

My post is only addressed to you because you invited my input and you are a victim so out of compassion for you I have made that decision.

...and a very wise decision it was too, as it negates the need to face the facts and the first hand experiences of those who clamor for justice and for a voice.

Of course one has to take issue with the use of the word 'compassion' in the above quoted post. Your posts to this thread indicate that compassion is far removed from your agenda, which as usual is touting the instant wonders of the WTS, like some greasy pimp outside a seedy brothel.

Stick to chronology, as morality is obviously not your area of expertise, and at least in that domain you are entertaining in a sort of Dickensian way. Like Pickwick on a pogo-stick.

HS

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    My post is only addressed to you because you invited my input and you are a victim so out of compassion for you I have made that decision.

I do appreciate your response and your participation. So thank you for that.

It seems to me though that the compassion you offer is to wait on Jehovah, study and prayer.

If all the JWs have to offer is spiritual assistance they have failed miserably. A person cannot deal with spiritual matters unless some of their basic safety needs are addressed first.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    It seems to me though that the compassion you offer is to wait on Jehovah, study and prayer.

To paraphrase Ralph: What they [Jehovah's Witnesses] do, speaks so loud no one can hear what they say.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

scholar

You have prepeatedly told us that the world thinks JWs

• are known internationally as a clean and moral people
    • stand as a beacon of truth, hope and faith
    • advance people spiritually, emotionally and physically

I have tried a little experiment at Anyone want to try an experiment?

From the initial comments we are getting the JWs are not looking as good as you think

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

like some greasy pimp outside a seedy brothel.

Hillary -you crack me up man - your wit makes this thread bearable - this thread is so upsetting that the occasional barb lightens it - thankyou for your razor sharp input.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

stilla

this thread is so upsetting

I agree. It is upsetting that after all the silentlamb articles and documentaries the WTS still advocates a 2-witness rule and reporting only where the law mandates reporting. And my guess would be that if the sexual abuse can be hidden and people coerced into silence, no report would be made and hence the victim would get zero help

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Oh I agree Lady Lee and I am really glad that this thread is running. It still upsets me - I dealt with cases judicially and shepherding. Still upsets me now. But even though I am upset I am glad the thread is running. With Scholar - I am really angry -It still amazes me that people like him can be so heartless and toe the Watchtower line - truly disgust and upsets me. Not a single thought for all the victims - just sickly platitudes - leave it with Jah ,etc, etc, etc

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Scholar said:

Yes I have read many such stories but how factual are they? Many of which are one sided designed to put us in bad or negative light or such stories are manipulated by our opposers to serve biased agendas.

Scholar-

THIS upsets me. I frankly do not care what you believe...that's between you and God. I have no 'dog' in that fight.

As to the FACTS of abuse survivors, what efforts have you made to verify?

I offered you court documents. You did not respond.

Yet you continue to opine concerning 'how factual' the 'stories' of abuse survivors?

Do you simply choose to disregard any facts/evidence that may contradict your premise?

If it is TRUTH, why can't you contemplate evidence to the contrary?

MY GOD can defend himself. He does not need my blind, brainless, insular acceptance of that which is spoken by any MAN. Why blindly accept that which comes from MAN? Can you not grasp that an ORGANIZATION run by MEN may be driven by MAN'S passions and appetites?

You have a brain... USE it.

Kimberlee D. Norris

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I see that scholar is not able to respond to my questions, and will not talk to me.

OH MY GOD! WHAT WILL I DO NOW??

I AM BEING IGNORED BY SOMEONE WHO CAN'T SPELL, CAN'T COUNT AND WHO THINKS THAT WHEN CHILDREN GET RAPED BY THEIR MINISTERIAL SERVANT UNCLE THAT THE ELDERS SHOULD CALL NEW YORK BEFORE THEY DECIDE WHAT TO DO!!

MY EMOTIONAL WELL BEING IS IN DANGER!

HELP! HELP! SCHOLAR DON'T DO THIS TO ME!!

scholar where is your moral compass? does it point to brooklyn bethel?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

After just over 24 hours of our little experiment the results are in. Anyone want to try an experiment?

The WTS and scholar's claim that the JWs have this wonderful reputation is debunked. What we found was an overwhelming reponse that the world sees the JWs and the WTS as a cult, a nuisance, and generally a bad thing to be caught up in. There was only a couple of people who defended their right to believe what they want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit