never seen so much hatred

by PMJ 247 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

the faithful and discreet slave is a farce...yeah I said it

• PMJ
    PMJ

to the lady who said the new world translation was very flawed this website may be of some intrest you may find out it isnt as flawed as you think.go to a search engine and type newworld translation defence site.it is a wittnesses who owns the site but the bok i think you will find untresting isnt its by a scholer who gets 10 bibles and the new world translation comes in the top 2 for acrucey.ps im sure u will find it a lot more acuret than my spelling lol

• mrsjones5
  • Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    never seen so much hatred

I don't "hate" anyone. I do not eagerly anticipate the destruction of 6 billion people, even infants, whom I have never met and who have never done anything to me.

W

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hi again PMJ, you will probably loose me now, as although I still read the bible, I don't believe it's an important book anymore. There are some people here who still believe the bible, but sometimes the bad experience of leaving the witnesses can leave you in a state of disbelief. And now I have become happy not believing. Regards.

• glitter
    glitter

but in the last days in matthew it talks about a faithel and discreet slave giving out the food at the proper time.so in the time of the end as daniel saidin chapter 12v4 the true knowledge woule become abundant

So *who* was the Faithful and Discreet Slave in between the time the Bible was completed and when Charles Taze Russell began the Jehovah's Witness faith? Who was it 200 years ago or 1000 years ago?

PS: You can copy and paste either by using the right-click menu with your mouse, or by pressing ctrl+c and ctrl+v on your keyboard. If you are using Internet Explorer you can format your text with the buttons above the posting text-box. If you are using Firefox like I am, you have to format by hand using HTML.

• cheezy
    cheezy
    i think that every one on this site goes way over the top calling jehovahs wittnesses names you spend more time trying to prove them wrong than you do prasing God.i mean is this your purpose in life.

PMJ: This is not necessarily the place to praise God - it is a discussion forum about Jehovah's Witness policies, news and experiences. If you are looking for a place to praise God, there are a lot of those websites, I'm sure. You're like someone going into a Chinese restaurant and getting upset because they can't order lasagna.

If you are a sincere and devout JW then I can understand why some of the remarks on this forum upset you. But it also makes me curious as to why you are here.......? In my experience as a JW for 20+ years, the WTS would discourage strongly, if not disfellowship a baptized brother or sister for such an investigation of the Watchtower Society.

Your pal,

Cheezy

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

I rather liked it as well. The thees and thous threw me. The footnotes when searched down became very "eye-opening" to me. I realized, like a "politician" different words mean different things to different people. I used those to ask "What does "fire" mean to Jehovah"? I found it to mean "Holy Spirit". Not a "nuclear Holocaust" as it was translated to me at the hall. Ooops, did I do something "wrong" there?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I dont come here to praise god. I come here because I escaped from a destructive mind controlling cult, and I found some people here who also escaped, so they understood me and helped me understand my experience.

I suggest you hang out at a JW discussion site if you want some god praising (are those things allowed these days? They were actively discouraged when I was in)

But, hang out here for a while and see what were discussing. Its pretty interesting, but it wont fit into any kind of expectations you have.

• PMJ
    PMJ

hi thanks for your tips on copying and pasting i did try what you said but still doesnt work but thanks any way.about your question who the faithull and discreet slave was 200 years ago or 1000 years ago.you need to read all of matthew chapter 24.the apostles are asking about his return.so jesus gives a list of events that would happen in the lastdays.and in those last days there would be a group giving out the food at the proper time.meaning the time when it was needed to be given out.that being the time of the end

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit