never seen so much hatred

by PMJ 247 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

There is a fine line between "reproving" and "abusing". It changes based on which end your on I suppose. My mother is a witness, and I love her very much. I hate the idea of a bunch of strangers in Bethel who never have (or will) met my dad trying to tell her how to handle him and my little brothers. I watch her accept it as the word of God. They are trying to discourge the individual from growing by learning from experience. Instead replacing that with "control" and "organization". I love the people everyone of them. I hate the idea. Is this "wrong" in your eyes? Is it "wrong" in Bethal's eyes?

Your little brother,

David

• PMJ
    PMJ

hi dave you i can understand what your saying.and there will all ways be personal cercamstancies were things happen that just dont seem right.and please understand i hear about people saying we arwe wrong with our dates about 1914.and i can see both arguments to be honest.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    calling jehovahs wittnesses names you spend more time trying to prove them wrong than you do prasing God

Praising God is NOT synonymous with JW - JW don't seem to be able to distinguish.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I so love run on paragraphs about nothing. Ditto the *yawn*

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Aww LDH, come'on sweets, you're sweet I know it Tho I agree with the left lane sign, lol.

And my heart pretty much beats for my own well being.

• ballistic
    ballistic

PMJ, I realise if you may have been a JW recently or still are, and things said here may seem rather harsh. In fact, I have seen people here call the JWs names. It is quite natural to be protective of something you have been taught to believe in, maybe your whole life. But many people here have been ex-jws for quite a few years, some, like myself, may hardly believe in much religion at all now. Some people view it as part of their healing process to be able to joke around about the witnesses. But we were all in the same boat as you one time.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I don't talk bad about the Witnesses. I tell the truth about the Witnesses and it sounds bad:-)
    How can I help you PMJ? I answer PM's.

• PMJ
    PMJ

my self ive been a jehovahs wittness since 1997.and some things are hard to acept.but i truly do love jehovah and not matter what comes in life ill stick to him best i can.you no.people say we dont need organised religion but jehovah has all ways had a group of people.and if you go back to bible times and look at them they did wicked things but they were still Gods people.what im saying is people shouldnt look at the watchtower sosity and exspect perfection you wont find it.in fact you wont find it any were.every person on this website has things they wish they could forget

• garybuss
  • AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    hi dave you i can understand what your saying.and there will all ways be personal cercamstancies were things happen that just dont seem right.and please understand i hear about people saying we arwe wrong with our dates about 1914.and i can see both arguments to be honest.

I guess some of the anger you see here is also based on this. YOU said you can see both sides of the argument. Yet as a JW, you're not allowed to. You're not even allowed to be on this site. So many people here have expressed such joy and relief at simply being able to express an opinion, once they left the Watchtower. Perhaps you've felt some frustration, too, at having to accept a doctrine as 100% truth, while mentally feeling that it is only 50%? Many have said that they don't think it's right to force people to conform to a list of doctrines, under threat of losing contact with their family and friends. Do you remember that the Pharisees used that tactic? They practiced a form of official disfellowshipping. With Jesus so angry at them for their legalism, is it reasonable that he meant his Christian Church to adopt that same practice? What do you think, what's your opinion? (You're safe here, BTW. No one will "turn you in" to the elders.) Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit