never seen so much hatred

by PMJ 247 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PMJ
    PMJ

hi to the person who asked me to look at the picture in the watchtower sadly i havent been to the meeting in a couple of weeks i just got back from the usa with my wife and have been overly busy dealing with my imgration case.but i would love u to tell me what you see in the picture?

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Many have been shunned for asking questions as well. They wanted to go searching for Jehovah, yet they were discourged and punished for doing so. Frightened to death. The Jesus I obey would not have any part of that, even called the witnesses of His day down for it. Are the witnesses better than the other sinners, or just better at hiding their sins, to elevate themselves over the repentant ones who KNOW they need forgiveness. Witnesses have a different Savior than we do. Their is someone to come rid them of all the problems and mistakes they were unwilling to try to fix. Ours is someone to fix us, heal us, so we can help others. I wonder how Jehovah "defines" a "Savior". Because that is what REALLY matters.

Your little brother,

David

• glitter
    glitter

Welcome to the board, PMJ!

In another of your posts, you said that although some people don't believe in organised religion, Jehovah has always had an organisation.

I was wondering if you could tell me who the organisation was in, say, the year *before* Charles Taze Russell founded the Jehovah's Witnesses? If Jehovah God was working with an organisation in those days, why did Charles Taze Russell not join and stay with that faith organisation?

Who was Jehovah's organisation in the years 1800, 1450, 1005, 730?

I'd be very grateful if you could give your perspective on this. I hope you stick around here. :)

• PMJ
    PMJ

how do u copy and paste on these boards?lol i tried copy and pasteing so people could see whom im talking to but when i try nothing happens help please?

• blondie
    blondie

And if you throw out 1914, then the prophecy regarding 1918 and 1919 would be invalid, and the WTS would not have been anointed the only true religion by God in 1919, as Bablyon the Great fell and was rejected.

w90 3/15 p. 15 Cooperating With the Governing Body Today ***

In 1918 the enthroned King Jesus Christ found a small group of Christians who had previously left Christendom’s churches and were busy caring for their Master’s earthly interests. After refining them as with fire, Jesus gave his slaves increased authority in 1919. (Malachi 3:1-4; Luke 19:16-19) He appointed them "over all his belongings."—Luke 12:42-44.

w51 4/1 p. 206 Who Sees the New World’s King at the Temple? ***

But the final fulfillment of Isaiah’s vision takes place upon the remnant of Jehovah’s anointed witnesses, the Isaiah class of our time. It takes place after Jehovah began to reign in 1914 by enthroning his Son Jesus Christ as King with an iron rod to dash the nations of this world to pieces at the coming battle of Armageddon. Later, in 1918, Jehovah appeared at the temple by sending his King, the promised "messenger of the covenant", there to judge all those who profess to be of the house of God. (Mal. 3:1; 1 Pet. 4:17) So the facts show that the temple vision occurred in 1919.

*** Isaiah Prophecy book-2 chap. 23 p. 348 "A New Name" ***

Three and a half years after Jesus was baptized in water and anointed with God’s spirit, he rode into Jerusalem and cleansed its temple. (Matthew 21:1-5; John 12:14-16) Today, Jesus Christ is the one bringing salvation from Jehovah to all of those having faith in God. Since his enthronement in 1914, Jesus is also Jehovah’s appointed Judge and Executioner. In 1918, three and a half years after his enthronement, he cleansed Jehovah’s spiritual temple, as represented on earth by the congregation of anointed Christians. (Malachi 3:1-5) His being raised as a signal marked the beginning of a great ingathering of people from all over the earth, in support of the Messianic Kingdom. Following the ancient pattern, "salvation" came to the Israel of God when they were liberated from Babylon the Great in 1919. "The reward" or "the wages" in store for the self-sacrificing harvest workers is either immortal life in heaven or eternal life on earth. All who stay faithful can be confident that their "labor is not in vain in connection with the Lord."—1 Corinthians 15:58.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Blondie, gotta love her.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Hi PMJ! Welcome, hope you stay around. I am not a JW nor ever was, but have some family who are and I came here to find out why they do some things they do. Personally, if it is a God-led organization, as proclaimed, I do not understand the Shunning. Jesus did not teach that as one of the virtues to live by. Also, you say you read the Bible, but I have learned, not just from this website, but by my own research, that the WTS Bible has been changed to reflect just what they want it to say. My nephew was brought into the JW organization with a regular, good ol' King James version but soon changed to the NWT, a very poorly flawed 'bible'. I don't even like to call it a bible.

I would strongly suggest you go to a bookstore and get the Bible that has been used by Christians forever and compare it; you will see for yourself.

Please stay around, it is nice to have a fresh personality on board!

AuntieJane

• PMJ
    PMJ

well this all deapends on what view you have.before christ i was talking about the jews.ovesley after christ dead they were no longer his people.thats isnt to say there was never people who loved God.there was there were people who died for God.but in the last days in matthew it talks about a faithel and discreet slave giving out the food at the proper time.so in the time of the end as daniel saidin chapter 12v4 the true knowledge woule become abundant

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Well I have to say that my first responce to your inital post on this topic, PMJ, was one of anger. As several others have pointed out your post is generalizing everyone in this forum into one hateful group. I personally have witnessed a lot of love from this forum. As a matter of fact I would also add that I've probably seen more love from this forum in the few months that I've been a member than from half a life time at a Kingdom Hall.

After reading the responces from the fellow forum members I began to calm down and I realized that I was over reacting.

Welcome to the forum.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    those scriptures are very important forget what historians say about 586bce and what people say about 607bce the key to finding whats right and whats wrong lies in those scriptures.if you dont use eather dates to get a view on the scriptures and just read them with a open mind.i think any one would find it hard to come to any other conclusion other than the jews being captive in babylon 70 years.

PMJ - The watchtower has often stated that the Bible is not a science book. Archeology is a science that seeks to carefully establish dates and events by scientific methods.

There is immense proof to show that Jerusalem was not desolated in the year 607 BCE as stated by the WTBTS. A witness elder from Sweden did extensive research on this matter back in the 70's. He outlined several lines of reason based on historical facts that proved that 607 was not the correct date. He presented it to the Governing Body. They rejected it - then they rejected him. He wrote a book called "The Gentile times Reconsidered". He presents information there that will prove to anyone willing to listen to reason that not only do the scriptures not support the idea of 70 years of desolation of Jerusalem, but also that the scientific evidence is overwhelming proof that the date was and is 587 BCE.

"worldy scholars" have absolutely no stake in misrepresention here. They have no axe to grind. It is the WTBTS that has everything at stake here. The disproof of this date will destroy the fundamental foundation of this organization. They know it. They lied about it.

Stick around. You will learn some things.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit