Journal of Church and State: WT NO-BLOOD EXPOSE'

by AndersonsInfo 328 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• one
    one

AuldSoul

But without all this mirepresented history they spew they wouldn't recruit anyone.

a large percentage have suffered damages as result of being recruited... this extremely active site speak volumes,

is there any other similar website with such a traffic?, (hurt poster complaining about their religion)

regarding blood it just happened that detailed legal stuff has been published, blood is more emotional , urgent and dramatic

but even if wt mirepresented the facts etc it still is a religious doctrine... imo jw reject blood mainly becase they beleive the bible says so,

dangers, risk of HIV etc etc just confirm their belief.

*The misrepresentation of historians’ writings;" = "deceptive recruitment", the "end" around the corner, by 1975, before the end of the XX century

are better issues affecting more people.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    This news has the potential to cause the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society to file for bankruptcy in years to come.
    How many years?? Realistic estimates anyone?

It didn't take long for the Archdiocese to file for bankruptcy after the Catholic Church scandal.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Okay, I've read everything on this thread. Here's my view on the whole thing...

This is NOT going to have a huge effect in courts when it comes to the actual blood issue. For JWs, the main reason to avoid blood transfusions is because Jehovah apparently says it's bad in the bible. The medical aspect, although falsely presented only strengthens the R&F's standpoint on the issue.

HOWEVER, the blood brochure DOES get placed out in FS (at least I think it does). They use this to convince non-JWs that the whole no blood thing is a good idea. However, it again reverts back to it being a biblical issue.

BUT, where this essay could come in useful, is it's a publication that shows that the WTS makes shit up. Most non-JWs don't really know nothing about the JW religion, so they don't really care how they spin this doctrine. However, they do care if they're being decieved. That's how this article could be used in other ways, ways that the WTS lies for its own benefit. The whole "Theocratic Warfare" strategy the WT uses will back up this article. This is where we can hit them.

Going through the courts is an expensive and risky way to use this information. Attacking the WTS's benefits which they lied to get, will be much more effective, less expensive, and less risky.

How this article will benefit people immediately is getting people (like my friend) who left the JWs but still agree with their stance on blood, to change their mind. That's it.

The news isn't big. It's not even new information. It's just a tool. A tool that can be beneficial, or possibly used for bigger things. However, don't take it at face value (blood issue). Take it for it's deep value, which is lying.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    How many years?? Realistic estimates anyone?

Imagine an elephant slowly sitting on your foot. Imagine that the elephant takes ten years to settle in. Imagine how your foot will feel for the next ten years. Imagine the power that a well-researched article like this will be felt by the Watchtower Society. This is the strength of this type of information. It doesn't suit the instant-gratification nature of the 'net, which might prefer a slegehammer, an anvil, or a piano falling on their head, but it's effects will be felt, oh yes it will be felt, for years to come.

• seven006
    seven006

For the few that don’t see the significance of this information and were looking for a little shock and aw smart bombs dropping from the sky you might want to consider something that is similar to this situation and of some relevance.

During apartheid in South Africa the white minority government got away with murder. Literally! They hid behind their race supremacy illusions as well as their influential elbow rubbing with the mostly white world powers. The world didn’t take much notice for many years. A few black activists were imprisoned and according to their jailers, most died of “natural causes”. Over six hundred blacks were shot down in the street as they were forced by the white government to move into segregated black townships. The white government officials denied all the deaths as their doing.

It was complete bullshit. It took a white newspaper editor to help turn the tide. Donald Woods wrote a book about the black atavist Stephen Biko and all the atrocities. He had to sneak it, as well as himself and his family out of South Africa to let the world know the truth and expose the mostly unknown or better, “un-cared about” atrocities.

This was in 1978. Many things began to happen like government sanctions against the South African Government and worldwide human rights pressure.

12 yeas later Nelson Mandela was released from prison after 27 years imprisonment for apposing the white minority government. Four years later he was President of South Africa being elected by the first all race elections held in South Africa. To me, this has always been an example of the epitome of real justice.

At the time before this all happened, the white ruling minority was about 21% of the South African population. Right after the 1994 elections it was down to less than 14%. It grows even less as time goes on.

Learn to wait and watch justice work. It’s not like waiting on Jehovah or waiting for Armageddon. This is real and it’s just the beginning.

Dave

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

As we all know, when it comes to misrepresentation, this is the Society's MO. The misquotes and misrepresentation are simply too many to enumerate.

I think what is particularly bad is that they are not simply saying they have an opinion based on what someone said. rather, they directly imply that the author is saying such and such.

I was particularly angered for example, by their recent college statements. When I get some time I will try and post my research on that article, but what it boils down to is this: I purchased every article they quoted, read them thoroughly, and in every case they had thoroughly misrepresented the author's words. Only in using one did they come anywhere close to anything the author may have been saying. Not one of those articles say anything remotely implying that children should not be sent to college. One even calls college one of the solutions to economic difficulty.

This arrticle seems to be saying that this can be used against them. The Society itself seems scared of this. This is probably why, with the exception of the college article, they have stopped giving sources. I think that if the Society can be dealt with on that basis, perhaps this can go somewhere.

• sf
    sf

God, I'm only on page four and there is so much to comment on already...I couldn't wait.

julief:

the Society has been extremely successful at brainwashing him into believe that blood transfusions are dangerous.

years of brainwashing is difficult to undo. So my father, who no longer believes the religious aspects of the doctrine, has bought hook, line and sinker into the so-called medical "facts" the Society has presented year and year, for almost as long as he was a JW. And he's willing to die--not over religious beliefs--but because he bought into the lies.

THIS is the travesty. And while this may be huge news and may indeed put a serious hole into the walls of the watchtowers ROT, the fallout will be years coming.

I'm afraid many children will STILL die at the hands of their parents who will just chalk it all up to Satan's appetite to crush jehovah and his people {org}.

I mean, as a die-hard jw, who fully trusts/ trusted that this org was jehovahs true religion here on earth, what are they to DO with this type of betrayal?

I shudder to think.

{{{ Alan, it is nice to 'see' you and you too julie }}}

GEEZ TED JARACZ: HOW MANY DEPENDS PISS PANTS HAVE YOU ALL WENT OUT AND STOCKED UP ON BY NOW? LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! I'D LOVE TO BE A FLY ON THE WALLS RIGHT NOW AT BETHEL.

JUDGEMENT DAY IS UPON YOU BROTHER. I LOVE THE SMELL OF JUSTICE!

THINK I WILL PUT UP WTBTS PHONE NUMBER IN CASE ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE HORSES ASS AND VOICE THEIR COMMENTS:

Watchtower Bible & Tract Society Of Ny Inc, (718) 560-5000, , Brooklyn, NY

sKally

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

But...Dave...I don't want to be President of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society!

AuldSoul (of the "Intentionally Obtuse" class)

• Jez
    Jez

"The bible says that we would be persecuted in the last days...we must TRULY be in the last days!!!"

That is what I think most JWs will say. I feel sorry for all the people here that thought that the news was SOOO huge, that it would immediately send their estranged families running straight into their open arms. I am just shaking my head in wonderment about WHY someone would purposely give such hope to such hurting people and then offer an essay that has, at best, implications for a minority as well as loooooong term implications. Do you know how long a court case about this, if one ever comes about, could take??

I hate hype. Jez

• seven006
    seven006

*** But...Dave...I don't want to be President of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society!***

I think within a little time, neither will the one they have now.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit