Journal of Church and State: WT NO-BLOOD EXPOSE'

by AndersonsInfo 328 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Forgive the poor analogy, but when Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation he (and the announcement) was met with total apathy

Not a 'poor analogy' my friend it's the best comment i have heard yet.-Danny Haszard

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Danny says, "A tiger can take down an elephant, if it bites it once a day."

• Mary
    Mary

OK, I've been away for several days and so I had no idea what this "big news" was all about. I read Barbara Anderson's expose on the blood issue and the WTS's "misrepresentation of facts." While this is all true enough and I applaud her for bringing this out in the open, I really can't see that it's going to make much difference within the Borg itself. Even if the laws of the land allow someone to sue their religion for "misrepresentation" of facts, how many Witnesses would actually do that? To do so, means you would be automatically disfellowshipped and cut off from everyone know might know and love. Plus, the majority of Witnesses believe ANYTHING the Governing Body spews out, no matter how stupid their rationale is. They're not about to sue "Christ's brothers" because that would put them in the same class as Judas Iscariot.

While I'm sure the GB are desperately trying to figure a way out of the entire blood issue (thanks to their own stupidity), they've got the bear by the tail: they can't let go and still save face (kind of like the Generation doctrine). If they let Witnesses make the blood issue a "conscience matter", then that means all those that died in the past from not being allowed to take a transfusion died a needless death, not a martyr's death, which makes the Governing Body look bad and they must avoid looking bad at all costs.

While there would definitely be some Witnesses who would sue, they would simply be viewed as apostates and there would be many an article in the Botchtower studies about keeping faith in the Man Behind the Curtain Governing Body as Jehovah's Representatives, blah, blah, blah......

To me, if the whole pedophile fiasco didn't convince the R&F that something stinks in Brooklyn, then this "big news" won't.

Just my two cents worth.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Some poor shulp at beth'el got a typing assignment this morning that begins

To all bodys of elders in the United States:

Dear brothers,

We are writing to inform you...

Yup and he probably doesnt believe a word of what he is being forced to type... some middle aged, tired bethelite that will have no place to go if he ever questions anything coming from "God" so he presses on.

I'd have to agree with IPSEC this is good timing...I wonder if we'll be getting an adendum letter to the Km shortly... In the very least, the CO will beat this topic to death now in the same way he beats the molestation thing to death EVERY SINGLE VISIT..."just a reminder when child abuse cases are handled...blah blah blah" and its always verbally given to us, nothing ever in writing. I wonder why.... protection from lawsuits I am thinking.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but Abaddon's post is on the money.

The theory has already been applied and has successfully become precedent. All that remains is to test another application of the exact same theory. It is like having a spotlight (the theory), and the spotlight is already turned on (used in court), everyone can already see certain things under that spotlight (precedent), and now we're attempting to shift the focus of the exact same spotlight to a different religion (Jehovah's Witnesses).

That doesn't usually take years, especially when deaths are involved as the result of reckless disregard for consequence. Attorney's will try this argument. There are attorney's who have wanted to sue on behalf of JWs in the past but had NO ARGUMENT to try.

The courts applied a broad focus to the fact of religious doctrine and refused to hear cases. This argument simply narrows the focus to a specific matter of law within the methods used to achieve indoctrination. Now attorney's have a peer-reviewed argument of sufficient weight at least to get the case heard.

The biggest advantage to pursuit of this versus pursuit of child molestation is the lack of a veil between the elder bodies and the Society itself. This goes straight for the jugular. The elder bodies are culpable to the extent that in their fiduciary role they supported the misrepresentations of the Society, but in this matter the Society is directly culpable for writing and publishing the misinformation.

There is no separation, as in cases where judicial committee policies come into play, which has been the biggest hurdle for winning child abuse cases. The fiduciary role leads directly to the Governing Body, by way of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Any attorney who takes up this challenge is in for a windfall.

AuldSoul

{ I'm awake now, so maybe I will spell better }

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Right on Auldsoul ,

The biggest advantage to pursuit of this versus pursuit of child molestation is the lack of a veil between the elder bodies and the Scoiety itself. This goes straight for the jugular.

And as you said yesterday, there is no delay with 'discovery' because the WT refuses to turn over records. The record is right there in the Blood booklet.

Precedents are established

No deniability

No obscured fiduciary relationship

This just might fly.

Steve

• TheListener
    TheListener

I haven't had a lot to say on this so far.

But,

I keep reading posters saying that current dubs won't sue the WTS so what's the big deal.

Well, perhaps I'm wrong, but couldn't doctors, hospitals, insurance companies and other damaged parties due to involvement in past no blood issues sue the WTS? If they gave blood and were sued by the family or if they didn't give blood and were sued by other parties wouldn't they have legal standing in this case?

If that's true then it's not necessary to worry about current dubs. What with WTS' attrition rate we could just stop the influx of new ones in the developed world and put them out of business.

For me personally it's another arrow in my quiver that shows how the society misrepresents secular information to suit their needs. It's no different than the trinity brochure, cross information or what the bible students expected 1914 to bring. - It is different in that it affects lives; and for that I hope it becomes a major legal hurdle for the WTS. I'd love to see them change their stance in response to this.

• apple78
    apple78

i just tried to view their blood info on their website and it has errors and won't open. coincidence? or are too many of us trying to do the same thing, i'm not very technical.

• minimus
    minimus

Lies is what gets people out all the time. Once Witnesses realize HOW they've been lied to---it gets to them. This could take years to happen but it always registers.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

You are right, Listener. AND everyone seems to have this mental picture of the elder family with 3.2 kids all serving shoulder to shoulder. MOST congregations are full of single parent or unbelieving mate (UBM) relationships. If a UBM presses over the death of a mate or child media attention will be HUGE.

Forum,

Is it likely? Ask (((Balsam))) whether she would have shoved this argument in the face of any attorney who would listen if she could roll back the clock. Her child died. Her husband allowed it. Think about what the media would do to this organization based on this theory, whether she won the case or not.

This will open the floodgates of money. Attorney's are going to eat this up with whipped cream and sprinkles.

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit