Journal of Church and State: WT NO-BLOOD EXPOSE'

by AndersonsInfo 328 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• one
    one
    "tort relief for misrepresentations only closes "one questionable avenue" for recruiting members"

"The misrepresentation of historians’ writings;"

"deceptive recruitment", "subject to court scrutiny"

607 ?

"Sign" after 1914 ?

At the very least, the wtbts will have to get honest from now on with their quotes and " references".
  • dorayakii
    dorayakii
    If you don't get it, its about misrepresentation, about anything that ultimately influences a persons decision.

Exactly, so, if i've got it right, its not an issue of a JW signing the blood card saying "I _____ agree that bla bla bla...", its (partly)an issue of the dishonest means that were taken in order to get the JW to sign said form?

The Watchtower Corporation, and any other religion, can be sued for dishonestly convincing us to do potentially harmful things.

Am i right?...I'm still digesting this, this is like a BIG juicy steak that needs time to be broken up into its nutritious vitamins, proteins, iron and fatty acids!!! lol

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

My thoughts EXACTLY, one. I would say they hit the right issue first, it's the easiest to establish precedent with.

But without all this mirepresented history they spew they wouldn't recruit anyone. I don't care whether they believe Christ came in 1914 so long as they don't try to use the "destruction of Solomon's Temple in 607 BC" or "increase of [insert your choice of earthquakes or wars here] in the last 100 years" to do it.

They can believe whatever they want, but I hope they get roasted in court for recruiting based on deliberately deceitful misrepresentation of secular facts.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Oroborus,

Very thorough and well thought out. This is another "I told you so" situation. We will tell our family, "I told you they misquote" and of course they wont give us the time of day. A nice website showing the misquotes would be helpful. Some here are brilliant in posting those things. I"m looking forward to them. Sorry to say I agree this will be untenable in court. At least it will cost money to defend. But if the one attacking loses, dont they have to pay court costs?

I wish we had heard about some GB member making hooch like old JF. Oh, yeah, he just drank the stuff.

Damn.

W.Once

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Spot on, doryakii!

You have it. It is about the deceitful means used to convince persons of the reasonableness of a course of action.

wasanelderonce,

Your opinion that it is untenable in court has already been proven wrong. As has Eduardo' opinion. This essay is written to draw on precedent established in a decided case in application not to the DOCTRINE, but the misrepresentation of secular facts employed as means of SUPPORTING the doctrine.

Narrow your focus and arguments to the point prior to a potential patient averring belief, are they a believer before they believe? Obviously not. Do they willingly support the doctrine WITHOUT misrepresentation of secular facts? "But for" that gross misrepresentation, would they reasonably have chosen otherwise?

This is the power of the already existing and tested precedent.

AuldSoul

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

The more I think about this, the less I think it will affect the average JW.

Most JWs are so dumb-ed and so uninterested in fact-finding. Most JWs can't even explain their own doctrines or get into the real issues they believe in. They won't understand any of it. They just zone out at the Kingdom Hall, they trod along and place literature but as for real investigations into policy, doctrine.... naw, that's only apostates.

• acsot
    acsot

((rwagoner))

I hope your mother pulls through, but I'm glad you now have some ammo to use against the HLC and their coercive methods of forcing a refusal of blood transfusions on people.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

This news has the potential to cause the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society to file for bankruptcy in years to come.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii
    The Watchtower Corporation, and any other religion, can be sued for dishonestly convincing us to do potentially harmful things.
    AuldSoul: Spot on, doryakii! ............ You have it. It is about the deceitful means used to convince persons of the reasonableness of a course of action.

So, how far can this go?... How can this Big News be put to good use in countries other than the US?... and does anyone have any ideas of the amount of money, (or the percentage of their turnover) that the Watchtower Corporation can lose from the law-suits that ensue? Any realistic estimates?

Edited after consideration of DevonMcBride's post:
    This news has the potential to cause the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society to file for bankruptcy in years to come.
    How many years?? Realistic estimates anyone?
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Okay, I'm only on page 5, but here's some things that this article will help:

1) I emailed this link to Lawrence Hughes (aka SHUNNED FATHER) who is still fighting the WTS over the death of his daughter Bethany, resulting from refusing a blood transfusion

2) I have an ex-jw friend who still believes that no-blood is the way to go in an emergency. His wife is extremely upset about this. He's going to get a copy of this article

Now, something was brought up by YoursChelbie which I think would lead to a very good move:

IF the IRS regards these actions as illegal:

*The misrepresentation of secular facts;
    *The misrepresentation of historians’ writings

Then would not the Watchtower corperation be in jeapordy of losing its TAX EXEMPT status?

Would not this breaking of the law constitute grounds for the dissolution of the corporation by the State's Attorney general?

Requirements for tax exempt status: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf page 5 states:

"The organization's purposes and activities may not be illegal or violate fundamental public policy"

If those bastards could get their tax-exempt status removed, they'll start to crumble quickly from paying tax on all that land they own.

Last, but not least, the WTS has been playing doctor since the days of Russell. They've also been misquoting people for years. It's about time this has come to light. I made a post a while ago about alerting writers about their articles being taken out of context and not having their writings credited. This isn't exactly the same, but the effect is just as good, if not, better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit