Journal of Church and State: WT NO-BLOOD EXPOSE'

by AndersonsInfo 328 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• seven006
    seven006

*** Sorry, but this would have been so much better coming from an unbiased source. I don't see it making that big of an impact.***

Well damn, it must not then. I’m sure with the boat load of credibility your personal opinion brings to this board many of us will be running back to the kingdom hall in droves.

Iv been waiting for years for someone with your depth and insight to show me where I was wrong. Screw the lawyer and her superiors who thought this was significant enough to publish. I'm sure they will let anything be written in those stupid publacations just for kicks. I’m going to base my thoughts on Beep’s personal opinion.

Thanks man, I owe you my life. Now I can die from lack of blood just like I always wanted to do.

……Come on man, try looking a littler farther than the tip of your turned up nose.

Dave

• Bryan
    Bryan

Ritchie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan

• richard
    richard
    The Journal of Church and State is a prestigious law journal read by a huge number of judges, including State and Federal Supreme Court judges.

Some other articles that have been published in earlier editions of the Journal of Church & State:

"Jehovah's Witnesses and the Empire of the Sun: A Clash of Faith and Religion During World War II" (# 1, 2002)
    "Jehovah's Witnesses and the Responsibility of Religious Freedom: The European Experience" (#3, 2001)
    "Restrictions on Religious Training and Exposure in Child Custody and Visitation Orders: Do they protect of harm the Child?" (#4, 2003)

All have been authored by Carolyn Wah, associate general counsel for Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

• undercover
    undercover
    All have been authored by Carolyn Wah, associate general counsel for Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

Hmmm....interesting.

• doogie
    doogie

oh lord...it's the legal equivalent of AWAKE!

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Obviously, the journal (in spite of being among the 600s list of quoted journals) is credible enough to be used by a representative of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract society. (Funny, within the congregation she is not even worthy of handling the microphones).

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    oh lord...it's the legal equivalent of AWAKE!

LOL....interesting is my thought exactly though.

Axel

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

There are only a few Law Journals devoted to the subject of religion and law. Eduardo knows that many other kinds of law are more prevalent.

His report on the quality of the publication or its esteem in the legal community is skewed, at best. The rating site he referred to has a ranking methodology that the Web site itself cautions against weighing too heavily in considering which journal to publish in. That's right, boys and girls, the ranking system is geared toward helping author's determine which articles to publish in.

It is funny that he posts something and people take it for Gospel. I guess I want to be a lawyer. I'll have to deal with public disdain for my profession, but on anything legal my word will be gold.

AuldSoul

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Already ordered my copy... don't forget to order yours! It ended up costing $10.50 with shipping and everything.

If you have trouble ordering your copy on the Baylor website, call the University at 254-710-1510

• doogie
    doogie
    It is funny that he posts something and people take it for Gospel. I guess I want to be a lawyer. I'll have to deal with public disdain for my profession, but on anything legal my word will be gold.

it's not about it being gospel. he obviously put at least some time and thought into his critique and it was not shot down by the only other attorney to post on this subject (ms. norris). i'm not sure of his credentials, but west70 has also commented in a way that leads me to believe that he is an attorney and he concurred with eduardo's criticism.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE ESSAY IS WORTHLESS!! it just means that until we, first of all, read the whole friggin essay, and secondly, have another attorney explain why eduardo and west70 are mistaken, their's is the most authoritative critique that has been posted.

edited beacuse i cna't spell latley.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit