What is a Born Again Christian??

by TopHat 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TopHat
    TopHat

No, I am not a born again....just wanted to get some idea of what their belief is as I have always heard of them. Do they believe in "HellFire"

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Google born again, there is alot of info available.

• TopHat
    TopHat

I did make a google search but I wanted to hear from any Born Again that might be a member of this web site or Lurking.

• aniron
    aniron

A Born-Again Christian is one who has accepted Jesus Christ into their life. In line with John 3:1-20.

There a many of us on this forum.

I personally accept Hell, but not "hellfire"

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

a christian?

labels, labels!

• aniron
    aniron

ozziepost - isn't that your label ?

• carla
    carla

hellfire, isn't that a jw buzzword? They are the only I know who use it on an almost daily basis!

all together now with as much disdain as you can muster--"What? I suppose you believe in 'hellfire' too?!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Well, I'm a "born again" Christian, but only in the sense that every Christian is supposed to be "born again" of the Holy Spirit. I don't believe that Hell is a fiery place of bodily torture, either.

I understand that it has a perjorative sense in the USA, which probably explains Ozzie's comment.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

quite right LT

BTW I agree with LT's other comments too

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am a born again Christian.!!! Born on the earth 22/MAY 1927 -Born of the Spirit Oct 20th 1989 I believe there is a "cutting off" which is Hell. But It is not there for us all, just those who dont want to listen to the Creator..... Unless you are born again >????? remember the rest????John 3:3 "Unless you are born again-he cannot see the Kingdom of Heaven "

I know this will get under some of your skins...I felt that way for awhile after I was "ousted" But then it happened. I listened to Alton Pitts gives HIS testimony( he was a JW for many,many years now EX)And all of a sudden I WANTED to ask Jesus to be MY personal LORD & Savior.....So I did I confess that I was a sinner & I could not manage my life on my own... Asked the HOLY SPIRIT to guide ,lead, & direct me. . I became an adopted child of God....Born again .If you confess with your lips Jesus is LORD & believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead YOU WILL( not maybe)be saved...

You asked I answered ( even though I know some will get ticked....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit