What is a Born Again Christian??

by TopHat 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oldiesman
    oldiesman
    So basicly the "Born Again" doctrine is saying all Christians are saved from the first century until now?

Yes that is correct.

• sinis
    sinis

oldiesman:

Welcome to the board.

The JW "requirement" is that you study their bible literature, preferably with the aid of selected texts from their bible, knock on people's doors distributing their literature, get baptised at one of their conventions and keep their changing standards up until some undetermined time that they keep dangling as a carrot before the rank and file.

IF you're lucky , God will read your heart and judge you as worthy. If you happen to die before that "undetermined time" arrives then you can do away with the previous paragraph and skip straight to the having your heart read, bit.

"The Way International" - is that the cult, you're referring to?

There are a couple of factual errors in your cut'n'paste, but other than that I would say it's a generally Christian position. I'm a little concerned by the disparaging comment about "feeling" the spirit, though. Can human beings genuinely divorce themselves from their feelings?

Since they do not participate in the "New Covenant" would they even qualify for salvation? This has been disturbing me for quit some time. I have read and re-read the passages regarding the New Covenant (lords evening meal) and have come to the realization in my HEART that a person needs to partake on a regular basis, as well as confessing sins and correcting them, to have any salvation hope. However, from all the years of being a JW my MIND tells me not to do it, why I don't know... perhaps I should follow my heart and what I believe to be true. The socities poison lasts a long time...

• sinis
    sinis

I was a JW for 49 years and my wife was one for 52 years. We are now both Born Again believers in our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ. It is not being in a religion, its being ONE with the Holy Spirit. John 3:3 says that unless ANYONE be BA they cannot see the KINGDOM, it does not say Kingdom of Heaven in any Bible that I have read, including the NWT. Therefore the WT Society have NO RIGHT in saying that Jesus was only talking about the Little Flock. The little flock were the Jews of Jesus day and the other sheep are the ones who accept Jesus out of ANY Nation or tribe.

To become a BA Christian is very simple and does not involve any special Bible Studies or Adherence to a Church or Group. In order o become a BA we just need to repent of our Sins and accept Jesus Christ as a saviour, simple as that. After that we need to ask for the Holy Spirit to fill our lives, which he does in abundance.

Both of daughters and their husbands are also out of teh Cult, and they are now BA Christians as well. Our oldest daughter Naomi was recently diagnosed with Lung Lymphoma and she is only 37 years of age. However we are all strong in our faith, and we know that she is going to be healed.

Both my wife and I serve in the Minsitry Team in our Church, and we just love praying for the sick and the lost.

The wonderful thing about being a BA Christian is that we have FREEDOM in Christ. So if we do not want to believe in a literal Hell Fire doctrine, then we do not have to. Having said that, we do believe that Hell is the place that was reserved for Satan and his Demons. We do have a problem with ETERNAL Damnation, because Philippians 2 clearly states that everyone will Bow or Bend the knee to Jesus, those in Heaven, those on Earth and those UNDER the Earth.

The main thing that has impressed us with Christians, is the LOVE and willingness to do things for others. My Christian Pal has just gone to Uganda to install water purification into a village, and this is his 2nd visit in the past 4 months. He studied with the JWs for 6 years, but did not see any real love, only works and commands of men.

Instead of hell do you think this might pertain to the original demons who sinned and were supposedly locked UNDER the earth? Just wondering.

• myelaine
    myelaine

And He said to them," When I sent you without money bag , sack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said," Nothing."

Then He said to them," But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a sack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.

For I say unto you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me; 'And He was numbered with the transgressors.' For the things concerning Me have an end." (Luke 22:35-36)

love michelle

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

sinis:
    I'm afraid you may well be correct.

Whilst I posted a simplified versions of their idea of salvation, it misses some fundamental things copntained in the beliefs of the majority of JWs, vis; the think that "Christian salvation" can be attained without a personal relationship with Christ, without partaking of the new covenant, and without even having Jesus as their own mediator.

Instead they attempt to do this by proxy, through an organisation and a body of old men who were busy scheming before they even wet their first diaper. Now most of the JWs are left with those schemes, while the old men wet the last of their own diapers.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Now after the piece of bread, Satan entered him, "What ever you do, do quickly."

But no one at the table knew for what reason He said this to him.

For some thought, because Judas had the money box, that Jesus had said to him, "Buy those things we need for the feast," or that he should give something to the poor.

But...having received the piece of bread, he went out immediately. And it was night!

michelle

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Michelle:Sorry darlin', but you're going to have to join the dots for me again. How are those texts linked to being born again? Or are you making some other connection?

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Little Toe,

might you mean...

???...

Or?...

love michelle

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    Because of original sin, we are born without grace in our souls, so there is no way for us to have fellowship with God. Jesus became man to bring us into union with his Father. He said no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is first born of "water and the Spirit" (John 3:5)—this refers to baptism

Actually this is a doctrinal error. This refers to water as in the physical birth, the flesh, we were born in water (bag of waters surrounding us in the womb) Many religions mistranslate this to say one is not saved until they are baptised. So He was saying, you need to have two births, the natural birth, and the spiritual birth.

• reaper
    reaper

Thanks for your welcome downunder. Although I live in the Midlands, I was born in East Ham, not far from Upton Park where the 'Hammers' play. The very day I got baptised as a Christian May 2003, West Ham were relegated from the Premiership, but now they are back in the top flight in 7th place.

Now to more important issues. The posted who said that we ARE ALL GUILTY of Christs death. The facts are that we ARE ALL GUILTY period. When we accept the blood of Christ 'totally' for us personally, then we are washed clean of all the filth and rubbish that went before. When I was a JW Elder and used to take the MEMORIAL according to the WT hierachy, I always felt left out at the end, by not partaking of the bread and wine. When I read the scriptures it did NOT MAKE any distinction between 'so called' special groups of Christs followers. The emblems SHOULD BE TAKEN BY ALL BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS, otherwise we DO NOT HAVE FELLOWSHIP WITH HIM in the fullest sense.

SAUL of Tarsus was a muderer and sharer in Christs death as well as other Christians, and yet he was set free and greatly used by JESUS himself. The BLOOD of Christ cleanses us of ALL sin. All we need to do is repent and ask Jesus into our lives, no RULES no BIBLE STUDIES, nothing, just come as you are. But we DO NEED TO OBEY THE COMMANDS OF LOVE & LOVE. The Lord our God our Neighbours and of course OURSELVES. The JW concept makes MOST JWs detest themselves, because they are carrying 'concrete blocks' on their shoulders.

With regard to the little flock of 144,000, I believe that they ARE ISRAELITES and are MEN, because they DID NOT DEFILE THEMSELVES WITH WOMEN, so they are also VIRGIN MEN.

I believe that the JEWS and ALL descendants of Abraham are STILL blessed by God, and that Jesus will return to the Holy City, as promised in the scriptures.

The prophecies I have seen about Jerusalem since leaving the WT are staggering. 1917 was the pivital year, NOT 1914. General Allenby the British Army Officer who liberated Jerusalem in 1917 totally fullfilled Bible prophecy and the WT totally missed it, because they focused on 1914.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit