What is a Born Again Christian??

by TopHat 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TopHat
    TopHat

May I ask...What does speaking in tongues do for you and does it benefit anyone but yourself?

• reaper
    reaper

Sometimes I pray in tongues, and sometimes I sing in tongues when worshipping at Church. Sometimes we ALL speak in tongues when we are in fellowship, and it is difficult to explain why and when this happens.

Sometimes a person will speak out a tongue when the service is proceeding, and then we wait for an interpretation of that particular tongue.

I personally do not feel that it is an issue. I do not think it makes one Christian any more spiritual than another, but when I speak or sing in tongues I feel far more in contact with the Holy Spirit. These are personal feelings, from a person who only 3.5 years ago would have regarded tongues as MADNESS.

But I have seen amazing things happen when we all speak or sing in tongues.

This is how I see it, and I know its a very contentious subject.

• myelaine
    myelaine

speaking in tongues = the language of angels = the WORD of GOD. imo.

love michelle

• reaper
    reaper

The prophecies concerning Jerusalem were published in the late 1800s by a Dr Gratten Guiness ( I think he was tall and dark with a creamy froth on his head) Seriously though, he gleaned from Bible Chronology that the Gentile Times would end in 1917 or 1335 Islamic Calender (Daniel 12 spaeks about 1335 days).

General Allenby means 'Prophet Of Allah' in Turkish, and they were ordered to only surrender the City if a prophet of Allah came.

All of the years since fit the prophecy exactly, even 1948 when the modern state was set up and even the 1967 war.

The Britsh liberated Jerusalem and were instramental in getting Modern Israel set up.

www.cai/en/themesheets/category%20b/sb0027au.htp

www.nccg.org/amazing.htlm

These sites give a lot of info about these prophecies.

Enjoy your read. God Bless

• reaper
  • reaper
    reaper

I cant seem to get these links to work. Can anyone tell me how to cut and paste onto this forum? I right click into this panel and nothing happens.

Also I cannot get the quotes to work either. On another forum I do [Quote]............................[/Quote] and thats it, the quote comes out on the page.

• TopHat
    TopHat

I always thought that when the first century Christians spoke in tongues, is was a gift from God to speak another language so as to spread the good news to others who spoke that language.

So am I to understand that this tongue you speak, benefit no one except yourself? It is not part of everyday speech of the people? Can you name one amazing thing it does for you?

To me it sounds more like a trance one puts himself in and the rest of the cong. follow suit.

• reaper
    reaper

I am sorry that you feel that we go into a trance or something like that TopHat, but you could not be further from the truth. We are completely aware of everything that is going on, and feel at one with God at the time.

Obviously if a person is not walking in the Spirit, then it is very hard to explain what happens. I was a doubter, and thought that it had all been done away with, but thats not what the Bible says.

The gifts of the Spirit will only be done away with, when all things have come to completion in Christ.

The Bible says that tongues are for our edification and building up 1Corinthians 14:5. However if someone speaks out a tongue to the Congregation, then an interpretation will need to be given.

• reaper
    reaper

Just something else Top Hat. Two Sundays ago, when we felt the Holy Spirit very strongly in our Church, and Iranian exArmy General heard a voice say to him, YOU ARE WELCOME IN THIS PLACE in his own language. When the service had finished, I was led to him sitting at the back, and he had tears in his eyes. I asked him if he wanted to accept Jesus into his life and he said he did, so within a short time this man had repented of his sins and asked Jesus into his life.

Nothing on this Earth can match that. A man who had served the Ayatollah and fought against Saddam Hussain, came to our Church and was shown LOVE by the Holy Spirit, and then by us. That is the power of praying in tongues and asking the Holy Spirit to do a work in our lives.

• myelaine
    myelaine

And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, speak to all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say to them:

You shall be holy, for I the LORD your God am holy. (Leviticus 18:1-2)

Therefore I made them go out of the land of Egypt and brought them into the wilderness. And gave them My statutes and showed them My judgments, which if a man does, he shall live by them. Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the LORD who sanctifies them. (Ezekiel 20:10-12)

And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath." (Mark 2:27-28)

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit