THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Jez
    Jez

My husband said that maybe it is that they are affiliated with another church OR they are going to amalgamate with another church OR already have.

Wouldn't that be something....having fun mulling that one around.

Jez

• bebu
    bebu

My money would be on the blood issue, too. My guess: somebody--maybe a GB member?--had a secret blood transfusion several years back. Boy, would that make me MAD if I were a JW!!!!!!

bebu

All ears class

• glitter
    glitter

Say they got rid of the blood ban tomorrow, even admitted it was a mistake - I reckon many many JWs would still not accept transfusions for them or their kids. I don't think it being about blood would shock current Witnesses no matter what - even if the GB all have had blood transfusions; "They're just imperfect men. We follow Jehovah, not men."

Edit: And unless the medical records of the GB could be produced, then how could it be proved?

• z
    z

Barbara I email you

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Yep, if a member of the GB had a blood transfusion, with the knowledge / consent of the other members, then, yes, it would bring the empire down. My mother is a 2nd generation die hard. She watched her husband die, refusing a transfusion. If this came out and was provable and admitted, then she would leave with predudice. steve

• startingover
    startingover

stevenyc,

If that doesn't fit the bill I don't know what would.

• fjtoth
  • Gerard
    Gerard

Follow the money.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Yep stevenyc, you're thinking exactly what I'm thinking. And if this scenario were to happen, just think how huge the class action lawsuit would be against the WTS(I can only assume that many current and ex witnesses would join in). Lawyers from around the world would give an arm, leg, and their left nut to be part of such a lawsuit.

I'm beginning to see mass KH "For Sale" signs popping up everywhere. It's a dream right now, but here's to hoping.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

While I would dearly love to see the Watch Tower dissolved, there are so many destructive high control religions out there that I wonder if bringing down the Watch Tower will really make much difference in the over all scheme of things. But we certainly can hope!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit