What are you REALLY like?

by jwfacts 93 Replies latest jw experiences

• defd
    defd
    yes sir -are you a moderator now?

You wonder why I dont talk to you?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Thank God I dont NEED to earn Derrick's respect.

AMEN!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, Def the banter just shows what people are really like.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm a nice, loyal, and loving woman who looks 17 so I'm told. I have a witty sense of humor, and am agressive at times because I'm no pushover. I'm also quiet, shy at times and I love to laugh. I also love a good conversation about anything.

Hope this doesn't sound too much like a personal ad. Thanks MrsJones. I took this before and forgot about it. ISTJ Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging

ISTJs are often called inspectors. They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility. They are noted for devotion to duty. Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ. The secretary, clerk, or business(wo)man by whom others set their clocks is likely to be an ISTJ.

As do other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss.

ISTJs are most at home with "just the facts, Ma'am." They seem to perform at highest efficiency when employing a step-by-step approach. Once a new procedure has proven itself (i.e., has been shown "to work,") the ISTJ can be depended upon to carry it through, even at the expense of their own health.

ISTJs are easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments. But they usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked. And when asked, they don't mince words. Truth wins out over tact. The grim determination of the ISTJ vindicates itself in officiation of sports events, judiciary functions, or an other situation which requires making tough calls and sticking to them.

His SJ orientation draws the ISTJ into the service of established institutions. Home, social clubs, government, schools, the military, churches -- these are the bastions of the SJ. "We've always done it this way" is often reason enough for many ISTJs. Threats to time-honored traditions or established organizations (e.g., a "run" on the bank) are the undoing of SJs, and are to be fought at all costs.

Functional Analysis

Introverted Sensing

Si is oriented toward the world of forms, essences, generics. Time is such a form, a quantifiable essense of exactitude, the standard to which external events are held. For both of the IS_J types, the sense of propriety comes from the clear definition of these internal forms. An apple "should" have certain qualities, against which all apples are evaluated. A "proper" chair has four legs, (and other qualities this poor INTP can only guess). Jung viewed introverted sensing as something of an oxymoron, in that the natural direction of senses is outward toward the object, rather than inward and away from it. One has the sense that Introverted Sensors are drawn more to the measure of the concept of the perceived object than to the experience of that perception.

Extraverted Thinking

The moderation of the Te function serves to socialize the expression of these forms. When the Si function is ready to relinquish the data, Te may speak. Otherwise, silence is golden. ISTJs seem to have a few favorite forms (the tried and true) which may serve for most occasions. My ISTJ dad woke me every morning with the same phrase for more years than I care to remember. Asked, "How are you?" he answered with the same stock phrase. ("As well as my age and habits will permit" was used for about two decades.) "It's a good form, a sound form--it's the form for me."

Introverted Feeling

Since Fi is turned inward, it is rarely expressed. Perhaps this enables the ISTJ to resolutely accept that "we are all doomed." When told that Lazarus had died, Thomas said, "Let us go and die with him." (He could just as well have said something like, "I knew this was bound to happen sooner or later.") Only in times of great distress is the Introverted Feeling expressed (as I witnessed in my dad when a neighbor's son was killed in a hunting accident). Otherwise, feeling is inferred, or expressed nonverbally, through eye contact, or an encouraging smile.

Extraverted iNtuition

The Ne function of an ISTJ does not serve her very well. It needs a lot of help. She was surprised, for example, to find that someone she had talked with only by phone had red hair, because she "didn't usually like" people with red hair! This inferior Ne seems to be a major source of, and a natural breeding ground for, stereotypes. Failure of the banking system is but one bogeyman which arises from the fear which feeds on the ISTJ's mistrust of real world possibilities. The shadow inhabiting the inferior Ne strikes at the precious forms and standards in the heart of the dominant Si function.

Famous ISTJs:

Thomas (Christ's disciple)

U.S. Presidents:
    George Washington
    Andrew Johnson
    Benjamin Harrison
    Herbert Hoover
    George H. W. Bush

Paul Coverdale (U.S. Senator, R-GA)
    Jackie Joyner-Kersee (U.S. Olympic athlete)
    Evander Holyfield, heavyweight boxing champion

Fictional ISTJs:

Joe Friday
    Mr. Martin (hero of James Thurber's Sitting in the Catbird Seat)
    Eeyore (Winnie the Pooh)
    Fred Mertz (I Love Lucy)
    Puddleglum, the marshwiggle (Chronicles of Narnia) Cliff (Cheers)

• Robdar
    Robdar

According to tests, I am supposed to be highly intelligent. I don't think I believe the "experts" who tell me that. I am complicated, creative, playful, patient and sensitive. If I like you, I can be very warm and outgoing towards you. If I don't like you, I can be very cold and withdrawn--I can even convince myself that you do not exist. But, when I love someone or something, I love them completely. I have average height, weight and looks.

• defd
    defd

I also love a good conversation about anything.

Really maybe we can talk one day!

D.

• Jourles
    Jourles

I think I'm the same in real life as how I appear on the board. I'm 6-2, ~185lbs, and am a fanatical volleyball player. I would even go so far as to say that vb is probably my religion now. Hell, I play on meeting nights, so it must be a religion. Much of my free time away from home is spent playing vb and even on weekends I travel around the state playing in tournaments. It is truly an addiction for me. Seriously. No joke. I'm sure a therapist would caution me on playing too much. It's that bad. I'm the same way about skiing when the season starts.

I never really was political until just a few years ago. I wouldn't classify myself as being represented by ANY party. They all have their pros and cons. I simply call matters as I see them.

I am typically shy around people I've never met before. Once you get to know me though, you realize that I can be pretty crazy. My humour is a staple of my life. I'm no comedian, but I love to take part in a good practical joke from time to time.

I've been told on a number of occasions that I do not speak loudly enough. Does that make me soft-spoken? I feel that I speak loud enough for everyone to hear, but my wife always has to remind me to talk louder so that the person taking my order can hear me. It may be that since my wife talks very loudly - so that everyone around us can hear our conversation(I ususally have to nudge or kick her to tone it down) - that might be a subconscious reason for me to stay more quiet -- to balance it out.

I love my job. It's my hobby that keeps me looking forward to getting out of bed each day. There is always something new to learn. Wireless telecommunications evolves every year and so there is always something new to figure out. I don't just do my job, I dig so deep into it that I try and figure out ways to make things work better. I have designed programs that are being used by several cellular companies. Programs that help others do their jobs better and more efficiently.

Although I am now df'd, my overall personality hasn't changed. I've noticed that some people in the past have gone 180 after leaving or being kicked out. They did everything that the WTS banned. I never did anything like that. It's just not in me to grow a beard, smoke, get drunk every night, etc. etc. I am the type of person that gets along with everyone. Regardless of faults. I am a firm believer of What comes around goes around. I can honestly say that I do not HATE any one person(none come to mind). Because everyone has faults, including myself. If you can overlook those faults, you will go far in this world.

That's me in a nutshell.

• skyman
    skyman

Show her your real picture and maybe she will.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I didn't do a 180 when I left. I just found myself again. I like her much better.

• These3Words
    These3Words

Jwfacts: To answer your question,No. I have not acted in revenge on anyone in the "Lie" AKA the "truth". I feel sorry for the ones who are doing it for the wrong reasons.It won't be a pretty sight, when it comes time to answer to the man,AKA, GOD.

I will tell you this if anyone touches my children in any other manner than a handshake or a pat on the back, I will unleash WHOLLY HELL on there ass!!!!!!!!!

My answer to your question may give you a hint as to why I practice Martial arts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit