What are you REALLY like?

by jwfacts 93 Replies latest jw experiences

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is strange chatting on the net, not knowing what everyone is really like. Do you pretend to be someone you are not?

I find it hard to know how to take people here sometimes, as words do not convey as much without seeing the facial expressions and hearing the tonal inflections. So anyway, I would love to know a bit more about what type of person everyone here is. What you look like, hobbies, personality.

I am mid thirties, havn't put on anyweight since I was 15, look somewhat feminine and so get mistaken for being gay all the time. In real life people often do not always know how to take me because I emphasise the wrong words, so the meaning of the words may be different than the sounds. However, I get away with saying just about anything as i look gentle and smile a lot. I hate to think what people think of the stuff I write on here and how it is taken. I'm split personality; really strong and agressive about peoples rights, but also really gentle and fun loving. I love life and will or have tried everything at least once.

What about you????

• These3Words
    These3Words

Ive been free from the JW chains for about 15 years now. I have the obvious problems that most ex dubs have.

I'm 6'2" 290lbs.I have a 12" tall Dragon tattoo on my leg. I practice Muay Thai Kickboxing and Jui Jitsu.I can knock a person out without even breaking a sweat! If the fight goes to the ground I could easily dislocate any of your joints.When I step into the ring I thing of everyone who has wronged me in the past.Ive been know to growl at my apponants.When I have spare time which is rare, I build and fly remote control planes from kits and blueprints.

I'm also the most loving, caring Husband and Father you'll probably ever meet.I spend most of my energy making sure my kids have everything I did not.ie, a LIFE!! I Love my wife more than life its self!! She was and still is my guiding light!

John 12:36 "While you have the light,believe in the light so that you will become people whose lives show the light". I love this scripture and I believe in the light!! I try and help people in everyday life, I use my mental and physical strength to do what I can in Gods glory!

Agape Love

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Maui Thai and Jui Jitsu are two of the two most lethal marshal arts. I've seen documentaries where those two seem to generally beat any other form of fighting. The elders must have really roughed you up. Did you ever seek revenge?

• Golf
    Golf

jwfacts, interesing topic. They say, "You don't get to know a person until you've lived with them." I think a few on this forum would attest to that.

In short, I'm a workaholic, as you know, sports has always been my # 1 influence. I'm a doer and I get things done.

You don't have a split personality, you just wear a number of hats.

Golf

• prophecor
    prophecor

Dark Natured, Melancholic, Introspective, Think Way Too Much, Gregarious on the Outside, Somber, serious and Soul Searching on the Inside. People who think they know me or who know me only casually would run away screaming if they had a chance to live with me for a week.

I can see better in the dark.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I dont think it is possible to be a JW and be someone who thinks too much. I know many JWs that are intelligent, but not many that are great thinkers. Great at reciting, but not at taking a thought to many different conclusions.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I am what I am. I never pretend I am someone that I am not.

I post my own pics up here so you all know what I look like for "Real". 25 year old Mom and Wife. Humorous and witty. Most of all I am honest. Maybe too honest.

Brooke

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm pretty much what you see here. JH, Golf, Scully and a few others can confirm that. If anything I might be a bit more shy in real life. Oh and they are all pretty much what you see here too

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

I haven't been here very long and I don't have a hell of a lot of posts just yet, but I am what I write. What you see is what you get. Maybe that's just because I'm a terrible liar and I tend to be compulsively honest. Call it a character flaw.

And besides, how can I expect to get some help and advice when I need it here if I'm not honest?? The people here need the real deal if they're going to comment and I'm going to be able to use those comments, so why would I lie?? It'd be completely pointless for me to post some questions here if I wasn't honest.

And on top of that, I'll answer pretty much anything about myself. If there's anything you want to know, just ask and you'll get an honest answer. Try that in person, and I'm very shy, but in writing, not so much.

How's that??

-Becka :)

• gumby
    gumby

I'm just like I am here cept not as green. I'm not quite as smartassy in real life either cuz I'm a coward and like bein smartassy behind the screen so people can't hit me in the eye.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit