Why all the venom?

by lynnmelo 175 Replies latest members adult

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Fred, you're obviously a person who holds the Watchtower Society in high regard. Which makes me curious why you would be frequenting a website and associating with individuals that would doubtless be considered by the WTS to fall into the category of apostate. Surely, since you do respect their advice and are bound by their guidance, you would want to avoid contaminating yourself by arguing with those you have been strongly counseled to avoid as "bad association." Do you feel you can correct the thinking of those who frequent this board?

• Golf
    Golf

I've said the following a few times. The game of Golf has more rules to abide by than the Bible. Golf rules are designed TO SAVE YOU STROKES NOT PENALIZE YOU!!!! Once you understand this concept, the game takes on a new meaning. Happy golfing.

Golf

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

For one is false, and one is true, so make your choice, it's up to you.

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

I fly like a butterfly. Sting like a bee. Fred E Hathaway needs to log off..............IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

brunnhilde asks: Fred, you're obviously a person who holds the Watchtower Society in high regard. Which makes me curious why you would be frequenting a website and associating with individuals that would doubtless be considered by the WTS to fall into the category of apostate. Surely, since you do respect their advice and are bound by their guidance, you would want to avoid contaminating yourself by arguing with those you have been strongly counseled to avoid as "bad association." Do you feel you can correct the thinking of those who frequent this board?

Fred's reply: Do you? Why does anyone have conversation, then? Surely love overcomes hatred, respect triumphs over contempt. Truly, Proverbs 21:30 tells it like it is: There is no wisdom, nor any discernment, nor any counsel in opposition to Jehovah.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why all the venom?

It's very simple. The watchtower cult preaches it's hatred for everything it does not control. They should not be surprised when people feel the same way about them.

W

• restrangled
    restrangled
    There is no wisdom, nor any discernment, nor any counsel in opposition to Jehovah.

But when it comes to the WTS and JW's.....its open game. Why? Becasue the WTS and JW's don't speak for Jehovah.

The other 99.9% of the worlds population already knows this. Someone needs to break it to the WTBTS.

• willyloman
    willyloman

For the record, LynMelo's original post is 14 months old. Since that time she came to her senses and saw the dubs for what they were (click on her post history and watch her doubts unfold - after she watched a video of the Dateline report on child molestation among JWs, she was apparently "cured" of the desire to become a dub.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Fred's reply: Do you? Why does anyone have conversation, then? Surely love overcomes hatred, respect triumphs over contempt. Truly, Proverbs 21:30 tells it like it is: There is no wisdom, nor any discernment, nor any counsel in opposition to Jehovah. I still am waiting for an answer. If you, Fred, believe that the WTS is the font of all truth from Jehovah, then why are you, Fred, still here on a board that they consider apostate? If you have any question about the appropriateness of being here, I'm sure if you contacted Brooklyn they would strongly counsel you to stay away from the dangers of the Internet. So once more, Fred, can you explain why you are acting in direct opposition to the counsel of an organization you regard as being God's representative on earth?

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hey Fred,

Where you at last year's district convention? Did you say "aye" to
    the seven-point resolution? How about the point about not participating
    on internet chatrooms? (I know this is a Discussion Forum, but there
    are obvious similarities).

You are mixing with apostates here. Do you really think you should
    be doing that, being the loyal jw you seem to be? If you think you are
    going to change anybody's views of the org with your wts bull$hit,
    think again. Many have tried, and failed, before you. We all know
    better than to fall for that crap again.

dedpoet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit