Why all the venom?

by lynnmelo 175 Replies latest members adult

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

I didn't know that Golf has over 1000 pages of guidance. I didn't think it was that intense.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I hope all lurkers are noting how artfully (deceitfully) you dodge direct questions. I know where you learned that skill, Fred.

The Theodore Jaracz Ruled Ministry School, better known as the Theocratic Ministry School.

Jehovah alone is the Hearer of prayer. [Psalm 65:2; 1 Kings 8:23, 49; Matthew 6:9]

Amazing how you didn't appeal to any Christian texts to make your case. The book of Revelation is chock full of worship and prayer to Jesus (the Lamb). The book even closes with a prayer to Jesus.

"He that bears witness of these things says, ‘Yes; I am coming quickly.’"

"Amen! Come, Lord Jesus."

You really should open your eyes to what the Christian Scriptures say, Fred. The Christian Scriptures preach a release from bondage to the old Mosaic/Pharisaic system, a defunct and perverse system that is modeled very well by the organization to which you cleave. They don't follow the pattern of Christianity, however.

You chose to connect the dots to an unchristian system and infer that it is Christianity. You don't find that odd in the least?

—AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    I didn't know that Golf has over 1000 pages of guidance. I didn't think it was that intense.

How many pages of guidance has the WTS published since 1879?

Ecclesiastes 12:12 — As regards anything besides these, my son, take a warning: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion [to them] is wearisome to the flesh.

How true these words have proved in the case of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. They have published at least two conflicting explanations for hundreds of doctrines.

However, I didn't know that you have some sort of attention dysfunction when I first engaged you in conversation. I think I will take my leave of you, since you have proved to be neither illuminated nor illuminating.

—AuldSoul

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

I believe that All Scripture is Inspired of God and Beneficial.

So the whole Bible is Christian text. You can't get more Christian than the "Our Father", can you?

I just said what came to mind. I think that is a usual method.

Actually A Revelation to John is just that: a revealing set of visions, including conversations with Jesus the Lamb.

Amen is a powerful word of faith and certainty, and is used in even ordinary conversation.

Sometimes our eyes get tired and they close for a bit. Then they open when they're refreshed and ready to go again.

The Bible is Jehovah's way, for which Jesus is the Amen to. Here's another way that Amen is used.

• trevor
    trevor

Right! said Fred...

I read through your posts and am shocked to realize that I once thought as you do. I look back on my mental state during those years as a kind of insanity.

Despite my own experience I still struggle to believe that you are for real and not just having a laugh.

Edited twice due to Demon interference...

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

The guidance is the Bible, as best as we can understand it. Since it represent Jehovah's thoughts and ways, it is higher than man's. The WTS publications are somewhat like online forums. The topics change from year to year, depending on who's alive and interested, and where the study is directed to. If you expected illumination, I'm sorry to disappoint. I can't glow like Jesus did at The Transfiguration, nor even Moses when he came down with The Ten Commandments.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

In the Greek language, "all scripture" is pasa graphe which means "all that is inscribed" or "all that is written"; it does not refer to the canon of Scripture chosen by the Catholic church nor to the ones later chosen by others.

The Bible does not capitalize the word "Scripture" as you have done and as would indicate that there is a specific set of texts to which the writer refers.

You can't get more Christian than the "Our Father", can you?

Actually, yes. And in your haste you have ignored the temporal context in which these words were supposedly uttered. Jesus was born a Jew and was speaking while human (pre-resurrection, pre-glorification) living under the Jewish system of things. There were no Christians when Jesus spoke the model prayer.

I knew you would gloss over the worship that was given to the Lamb. Jesus himself said who deserved worship in his response to Satan, but later, after his glorification, that statement was no longer true. Jesus was also deserving of worship.

In the name of whom will every knee bend? Well, if any JW knee were to bend in the name of Jesus they would be expelled. It is not surprising that this would happen. Jesus, Paul, Peter, and John have all assured that Christians will be persecuted on account of the name of Jesus.

Question, Fred: How many Jehovah's Witnesses do you know of who have been persecuted on account of the name of Jesus? I don't know of a single one.

They aren't Christians, Fred. No matter how much you might wish otherwise. If you become like them you will also become unchristian.

—AuldSoul

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial happens to be the name of a book used in the Theocratic Ministry School. I was making a double play there.

A Christian is a listener or discipline or follower of Jesus Christ, whether Jesus was on the earth, or after his resurrection.

There is only one deserving of worship, the Creator. Creature worship, in all its forms is expressly forbidden. Since Jesus is a created being, it is Scripturally-wrong to worship Jesus, as well. We must worship with our power of reason.

Jehovah's people pray in Jesus' name, so it is fair to say that we bend our knee In the name of Jesus. And, as a side-note, "bending our knee" is a "figure of speech, so it includes laying down, standing up, etc..

The name of Jesus means that "Jehovah is the Savior." That issue of who we heil (understand our Savior to be) was a key reason for Jehovah's Witnesses (a.k.a. the Earnest Bible Students) were persecuted during the Nazi Regime.

There is more than one called Christ, so there is more than one type of people called Christians. Jehovah knows who his Christian Witnesses are, even if we don't.

Our association certainly does shape us.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

The wicked one is plotting against the righteous one, And at him he is grinding his teeth. // Jehovah himself will laugh at him, For he certainly sees that his day will come. — Psalm 37:12, 13.

Like father, like son. As the father laughs, so the son laughs.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Fred, shouldn't you be going door to door to get this time in? As field service goes, camping out on the forum is a bit of a stretch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit