New Watchtower Propaganda and hate speech destroying families (Feb 2016 WT)

by Daniel1555 105 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol
    Absolutely true slimboyfat. Just recently my never baptised sister celebrated her tenth year of being together with her partner. She invited my JW brother and sister, but they refused to come. They talked about their 'principles' and how they cannot 'support' our sister living together unmarried.

But two years ago my brother had apparently no problem celebrating the baby shower of his unmarried daughter who was 15 at the time and accidentally got pregnant! At the time my non JW sister was delighted that he had become so 'free' in his thinking, and of course she went to that baby shower with presents and all. Only to find out that the 'freedom of thinking' our brother had back then, was a one way ticket towards himself and his family.

It's disgusting how they treat and use people that aren't JWs.
  • BU2B
    BU2B
    This article does not seem to break any new ground, however judging by the wording they are getting desperate because too many JW are just not listening. This example of Anne is naked emotional blackmail. The mother is suffering, but the only way to end the suffering is to "return to Jehovah". Angus Stewart put it nicely when he said that JWs face a hostage situation, and a cruel choice. Geoffrey Jackson did not disagree. Lose your family or return to a cult. Maybe any family who would do this to someone does not deserve them and is not worthy of them anyways. So sad and infuriating to see this
  • Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I'll never forget what Ray Franz said in CoC - that they demand and take the most important resources of our lives -- our time, money, education, marriage mate choice, even having children (or not).

And then we are held hostage by the manipulations of fear, obligation, and guilt (FOG).

And the threat of being shunned.

And baptism is the trigger which pulls the shun gun, and they are demanding that people pick up that gun more and more, with all its evil and hurtful consequences.

They don't even know the point of the prodigal son story. At one of their own regional conventions, they highlighted a couple on stage who told their story of shunning their son, who came back into the "truth" because he MISSED HIS FAMILY. - No mention made of the son loving Jehovah.

The WT knows this is a form of control and bondage to them and their "loving" organization.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Jesus wept! It's taken me years and a ton of stress to finally reach the point where I can say I've successfully faded but crap like this makes me want to disfellowship every single one of my JW family!

Why on earth are we making the effort to keep contact with people who enable this abusive behaviour?!

I know, I know, because we love them . .

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

This is horrible. HORRIBLE!!!

SL

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I just realized (a little slow today) that Ann / Andre

are very similar names.

Might we expect to see more of her...?

• WatchtowerReviewz
    WatchtowerReviewz
    Against mad men, the struggle will never end.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

How do the writers of the WT know she was committing some wrongdoing and is unrepentant? They are making unsubstantiated conclusions. Only Jehovah supposedly reads hearts.

Not everyone that gets DF'd has been Df'd justly. Like me I was unjustly DF'd and was repentant. I did not commit a sin either. This infuriates me and I will make sure my son know this is all utter nonsense to cause divisions and isolation and manipulation.

Disgusted

Kate xx

• Watchtower-Free
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Yeah they are doubling down on the control. It is a sign of desperation as has been pointed out.

They have painted themselves into a corner. When you proclaim that the almighty of the universe is backing you and you only, then "downsizing" (which is exactly what the organization is doing) is impossible to explain. Why the hell would God downsize? Because of their money and legal problems they are getting more criticism than ever. And lets face it, just about anybody can see the problems at this point. You don't have to drag out old books from a century ago to make an "apostate" point or win a debate. And all signs are that the problems are only going to get worse.

Less than a year ago we had a quick elders school (one day) and one of the main points was for elders to disfellowship quicker and reinstate slower. That is to get rid of dissent quickly and instill more fear by keeping the people that dared to disagree out even longer.

So they are doubling down on the bully tactics to preserve their hold on the flock. I don't think there is any stopping the downward spiral they are in at this point, though. But unfortunately they will try.... with medieval crap like this WT describes. In the foreseeable future they will increasingly act like a cult and thus will increasingly face criticism for being one.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit