New Watchtower Propaganda and hate speech destroying families (Feb 2016 WT)

by Daniel1555 105 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Listener,

That's kind of what I meant of ''making you speak your mind''. They come across in kind of a good-natured way. Conversations start out with a warm handshake, then a friendly chat about ''gorgeous day'', yes ''what an awesome game last night!!''

That's kinda what I meant about ''making you speak your mind''. They befriend you, they know how to talk to you. Then once you feel comfortable, you open up. It's a technique employed by elders, or in high control groups. Elders make you feel all warm, and you loosen-up, that's how they get you.

From what I gather, Elders in certain areas go to all-weekend Elders schools where they are trained how to deal with people and situations where they employ their tactics.

• Sabin
    Sabin

That she had cut HERSELF off from the family. WOW!

Dear Brothers at the WTBTS

I am doing really good

Learning lots of new things now

I no longer have nightmares or cry during the day

I don't complain about my pain

I remember how much you don't like that

I must be happy perpetually

You slapped that in to me, to make me strong spiritually

I think it worked for a time

I am wearing my hair how I want to

I wear pants a lot because I'm allowed to

Isn't that funny, that I couldn't before

You say people like me are a burden

Bet your glad you don't have to speak to me

I'm supposed to put myself first sometimes, I kind of like it

I still get a big hole in my tummy When I think I've done something wrong

I have a saying on my wall

" I can make mistakes, it's o.k."

I try to remember it every day

Sometimes I even believe it

I wonder if you ever think about me, even though I know your glad I'm gone

I never want to see you again, I love you all.

The narcissistic personality of this cult means that they are literally incapable of showing an ounce of humility or compassion they will always heap the blame on the people they victimize because they do not see truth, speak truth or hear truth, it is ironic that they claim to be in the truth. They feel no shame because they do not know love. No matter how much we jump up & down we cannot change this simple fact, the fact being they are 100% NARCISSISTIC.

• Mephis
    Mephis

The kicker is in the final paragraphs of the article which do the whole 'persecution' thing when shunning happens to JWs for becoming JWs. .

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Yep, simple solution: don't be a JW!

Sabin, I <3 you and your poem!!!

I would change only one thing-- I do want to see them again, AFTER they leave the cult!

• Sabin
    Sabin

Thank you Faye. The reason it ended that way is because it was directed to the WTBTS at the beginning. But of cause I would love to see those who wake up.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The writers that come up with this stuff live in the isolated world of bethel. When living in a like-minded hive of WT drones, disfellowshipping sounds fine.

But out in the real world where ordinary JWs have to work with and live around nonJWs, the disfellowshipping practice screams "cult!"

The situation described in this article would easily be surrounded by nonJW family members, neighbors, friends, acquaintances, and onlookers. Although WT can issue the command that nobody ask any questions about the judicial meeting and that nobody talk to the dfd, that certainly doesn't apply to all those nonJWs. And when the mother in this WT story recounts what has transpired and shows what the daughter wrote in the letter to any nonJW, what are they going to think? "What a bitch of a daughter in a stupid church. Poor mother."

I've talked to fellow students, coworkers, and my therapist about this JC and df practice. Of course they find it disgusting and lose any respect for JWs that they previously had. So the GB can keep ordering the sheeple to preach, but I know plenty of people that will never listen because they are aware of this unloving practice of this captive cult.

• just fine
    just fine

Billy- that's what I started doing too. I tell everyone that I get the chance to about the JWs disfellowshippping arrangement, and exactly how they treat their own family. I also let people know you can never leave. My relative that is disfellowshipped hadn't been to a meeting in 2 years and the elders still went after them.

i feel like I don't have to cover for them or pretend that the JW behavior is acceptable on any level.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    I think it's time the THOUSANDS of us start sending the latest WT quotes and teachings such as OP's post to news organizations, human rights organizations, your local senators, lawmakers, etc. With thousands complaining of this maybe they'll start to take action and get more publicity. What will WT do when featured on major news networks with their hateful teachings such as the above? lol
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

From: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/beyond-bullying/201309/the-silence-shunning-conversation-kipling-william

So just how bad is shunning and ostracism? Williams has found that people who are ostracized suffer deeply, including the obvious loss of self-esteem and depression, but also including physiological symptoms such as ulcers, suppression of the immune system, anxiety, psychosis (in prolonged isolation, such as prisoners kept in solitary confinement), and a loss of feeling valued or having any meaningful existence. But perhaps more troubling is the rage that is associated with being ostracized.

People who are ostracized may not initially realize what is happening, only having a vague sense that something is wrong, that maybe people are mad at them, and they are often unsure of their perceptions and wonder if they are imaging it. But once it is undeniable that they are being shunned, their pain first intensifies, then turns to anger and rage. People feel rage when they have lost all sense of control, and no one will intervene to help them, while going to great lengths to keep the person excluded and deprived of control.

• poopie
    poopie
    yes right now about 50 percent are ignoreing the shunning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit