New Watchtower Propaganda and hate speech destroying families (Feb 2016 WT)

by Daniel1555 105 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

The following is a paragraph from the new February Study Watchtower Article "Learn from Jehovah's loyal servants."

7 A conflict of loyalties may arise when a close relative is disfellowshipped. For example, a sister named Anne [1] received a telephone call from her disfellowshipped mother. The mother wanted to visit Anne because she felt pained by her isolation from the family. Anne was deeply distressed by the plea and promised to reply by letter. Before writing, she reviewed Bible principles. (1 Cor. 5:11;2 John 9-11) Anne wrote and kindly reminded her mother that she had cut herself off from the family by her wrongdoing and unrepentant attitude. “The only way you can relieve your pain is by returning to Jehovah,” Anne wrote.Jas. 4:8.

First I was speechless when I read that.

When talking about "shunning", some brothers told me that the Watchtower doesn't mean to cut families. After this it can't be clearer to me, that this is not true.

How does the pained mother feel? She is socially isolated and maybe has nobody to go to, nobody to speak to. Maybe she is suffering from deep depression and maybe she even has some thoughts of suicide.

How would you call advice and pressure, to separate a "pained" mother from her child?

To me that is just simply "evil."

What's about the bible advice to honor your father and mother? The Watchtower Organisation just flushes that through the toilet.

I think even if all Watchtower teachings would be true and beneficial, the above mentioned "shunning" of family members and friends would be proof enough, that it is NOT from the true God.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Wow that example really seems to ratchet up the shunning up a notch. Not to sugguest that it wasn't always the case, it was and has been, but any talk of relaxing the shunning policy is obviously premature.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Maybe too many were using the "necessary family business" card, and then learning TTATT ???

This needs more publicity than just on this Site to show what a controlling Cult they are.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    It's inredible, they bring out in all their magazines how people have been treated by relatives because they came into the truth. How he or she were treated by family or others within their community for standing up tothe truth (aka WT version of truth )and how bad all of that was. They provide story after story in the pages of their propoganda. Yet if a person questions teachings of the WT or chooses to simply join or assoiate with another Christian faith group, they will be disfellowshipped and shunned. If a person chooses to disassociate, yet absolutely done nothing else wrong also is shunned. Look in the mirror WT. Thank God my Catholic relatives don't have your cruel policy. You are a cruel organisation THAT DOES split up families!!!!!
  • tiki
    tiki
    This is just plain sick. Family is family...they should leave people alone. And the Anne story is disgusting.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Disgusting. I thought they were toning down their rhetoric. Is that just about the worst statement on shunning they've made or am I just becoming more sensitive toward it?
  • minimus
    minimus
    Nothing new here. Next month there will be an article on how we should help our family members, even if they are disfellowshipped.
  • bohm
    bohm

Yah... this has to be among the worst statements and I too believed they were toning down the rhetoric . Isn't this contradicting other recent (last two years or so) statements at least indirectly? I could easily be wrong, but it does not seem like everyone is on the same page in the writing department.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

... but it does not seem like everyone is on the same page in the writing department.

The other writers have probably been sent into the field.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Typical JW crap. Just like Jesus would do (sarcasm). Bottom line....they don't care and never will. That is why me and my immediate family no longer choose to participate in their games.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit