New Watchtower Propaganda and hate speech destroying families (Feb 2016 WT)

by Daniel1555 105 Replies latest watchtower bible

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Shunning DF family members is wrong.

Prodigal son account from Luke 15:20-

So he got up and went to his father. While he was still a long way off, his father caught sight of him and was moved with pity, and he ran and embraced him* and tenderly kissed him.

It doesn't say that he saw him from far away and went to his COBE to discuss his son coming to the meetings and sitting in silence for 6-12 mos until men have deemed him worthy of "hello".

Funny though in a WT study article from December 2014 "Do You Grasp the Meaning?" on paragraph 13 they have this to say:

13 What is the meaning of Jesus’ illustration of the prodigal son? The compassionate father in this illustration pictures our loving heavenly Father, Jehovah.

So why does Jehovah choose to shun family members now? The prodigal son ran out of money... he wasn't repentant.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great points XBHERE!

Also, I wonder how mr Angus Stewart and the team at the Australian Royal Commision would respond to this material!?

They described the organisation as a "captive organisation that mistreated those who chose to leave". Now here is more proof.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

That's just sick. Confirms again I'm doing the right thing walking away.

Strangely enough, when I converted from CofE to JW, none of my family shunned me - they supported us even when we didn't join in their celebrations, they even financed our Kingdom Hall wedding. My husband converted from Catholicism, same, nothing but love and support.

This is supposed to be true christianity - well, by their fruits.....

Ironically the next subheading is 'Loyalty to God Helps us to be Kind....' lol

• sir82
    sir82

You can tell how serious a problem is, from WTS perspective, by how often an issue appears in print, and how strident the language.

Minor concerns are mentioned once every few years, medium-level concerns maybe once a year, big concerns every few months.

There has been "strong counsel" on associating with DF'ed people, especially family, every 3 or 4 months in the WT study editions. The language here is the strongest I've seen in quite a while. So they view this as a near-crisis.

Based on the above-formula, the WT is most concerned about kids going to college, lack of obedience to the GB, decreasing contributions, and association with DF'ed relatives. You'd be hard-pressed to find a single WT study edition that didn't mention at least one of those issues.

It is interesting to note what the WT is least concerned about: generosity, kindness, practical demonstration of love, caring for victims of abuse....you might find one such article every 5 years or so,

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I thought they were toning down their rhetoric.

Nope. Think again.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Well summarised Sir82!!
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Does Ann even exist or is this another 'Andre' scenario?

Even so, what sick twisted weirdos the watchtower leaders are.

Crimes agains humanity. I hope those gluttonous lard bucket, pervert protecting watchtower rock star popes get what's coming to them. My breath I hold not.

• pixel
    pixel

wrongdoing and unrepentant attitude.

pain

If "Anne" and and her mother exist, and is not a fabrication a la "Andre" style, I would like to know:

What did Anne's mother did to be judge as "wrong" and "unrepentant".

Also, Is jaw-dropping that a so-called christian religion find pleasure in giving PAIN to its former members.

This is a fucki** cult!

• clarity
    clarity

Cofty .......thanks for your come back ......a keeper!

"

Anne wrote and kindly reminded her mother that she had cut herself off from the family

Imagine an abusive husband who told his wife that if she left him he would hunt her down and kill her. She leaves and he carries out his threat.

In court the husband's defense is that the wife chose the outcome.

This is the twisted logic of shunning.

clarity

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

done4good,

There is some serious loaded language in this article, almost brazen. For those of you that point out this is a more disturbing article than usual, it is not your imagination...Providing an example of what to write in a letter to a dis-fellowshipped relative or friend and how to handle a non-JW funeral is not only over the top, these are deliberately placed control mechanisms. As reprehensible as the WT is, this was not the norm not too many years ago.

Yep its gotten down to prescribing not only exact actions but exact wording also. This is some seriously repugnant shit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit