New Watchtower Propaganda and hate speech destroying families (Feb 2016 WT)

by Daniel1555 105 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Anyone who shuns another, is not a REAL friend anyway!

So if you're shunned by someone in a congregation, be glad that you have seen that the relationship was never genuine or UNCONDITIONAL. It was a CONDITIONAL relationship based on a manipulative premise.

Why allow such ones any power over you emotionally? They don't deserve to have a relationship with you if it is so fickle that they drop you because cult leaders directed them to do so!

• Loi_241
    Loi_241
    What?! Can a current Jw member write a letter to her disfellowshipped mother? That sounds like not shunning to me, but a small talk explaining to repent and return to Jehovah.
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    ..hence she self-evidently turned down her future inheritance alike - own guilt - and leaves for the org to solicit for it. But anyway these excommunicated should have besides that furthermore a guilty conscience if after loosing inhertance they would not help the aged witnesses financially.
  • committeechairman
    committeechairman

I think I've posted this before, but I'm convinced that there is a huge crackdown coming. The governing body clearly believes that especially in developed countries things are too loose and uncontrolled: publishers and elders are not putting forth the "effort" and "sacrifice" that the GB believes is necessary.

I think that they will, shortly, abandon the current policy that relatives cannot be disfellowshipped for associating with relatives (see ks10 ch 10 par 6) and they will begin inquiries into family dealings where there are disfellowshipped relatives.

Other lockdowns are coming, I'm convinced of it. At some point, I will not be able to conscientiously support what is going on and will have to opt out of being an elder and eventually being a JW as well.

I figure it will be occurring within the next 24 months or so.

CC

• cofty
    cofty
    At some point, I will not be able to conscientiously support what is going on and will have to opt out of being an elder and eventually being a JW as well. - CC

I realise that I don't know your circumstances but I find it hard to understand how anybody can conscientiously be an elder under the present regime.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

committeechairman: At some point, I will not be able to conscientiously support what is going on and will have to opt out of being an elder and eventually being a JW as well.

I realize this will sound judgmental (and I suppose it is), but how can you support it now?

It's already bad. How much worse will it have to get before you make the already inevitable decision? Will you wait for the Kool-aid line to form?

As this thread title says, these policies and practices destroy families. This is already happening, ... now!

Let's review: It's a cult!

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

What is most shocking is that these policies and practices are not subliminal taught but taught from the stage, even in interview form, as model conversation e.g. on conventions, a public demonstration to all how JW treat offender .

This makes the JW shunning not a personal decision but is a organisational guilt.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

TWoY: This makes the JW shunning not a personal decision but is a organisational guilt.

And that's the problem. I think we all understand and agree that everyone has the individual right to avoid people that are harmful to them.

But the WTBTS requires all of their members to shun anyone and everyone that the leadership at any level designates as pariah, an outcast. No questioning or dissent is allowed upon threat of the same punishment.

• Alive!
    Alive!

I read an explanation for the scriptural verses somewhere on a bible discussion forum or blog....

Something about 'greeting' meaning a close and intimate welcome that was given at early Christian meetings that carried a holy exchange between Christians and 'eating' referred to sharing the 'lords evening meal'

Now THAT made sense - a Christian who was not living by his declared Christian principles could not share in 'holy' things like the above until he turned around from whatever he was doing wrong.

A simple interpretation which makes sense.

But, the WTBTS prefers pulling families apart, causing an isolation that causes psychological trauma ( particularly to the sensitive ).....that's cultic.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS says that df'ing offense are ones that people in Israel would have been put to death for...can't talk to dead people. So df'd jws are considered dead people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit